Why not BeastMode?

egn22

Reaction score
marshawn lynch is rumored to be cut for cap space after this season.
He's gonna be expensive but not too expensive after coming off injury and aging another year.
Why not give him a shot here?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just what we need, another aging, injury prone player for the team to have to depend on.

He is about done, no thanks!

jrumann59

Reaction score
He will be FA not cut, no thanks do not want to get into a bidding war on a 30 year old back regardless of how good he may be in 2016, it is 2017 and beyond that worries me.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He will be FA not cut, no thanks do not want to get into a bidding war on a 30 year old back regardless of how good he may be in 2016, it is 2017 and beyond that worries me.

He is under contract with the Seahawks. He signed an extension last March. He will count $11 million in cap space if they keep him and $5 million in dead money if they cut him.

Hardline

Reaction score
Not interested in anyone not coming off their rookie contract and under 26 years old.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too old.

McFadden is going to get 100-150 snaps.

I'd rather have a younger guy... Miller from Miami or Ivory. Or a 3rd round draft pick.

egn22

Reaction score
John Clayton just reported Lynch is 100% out of Seattle

robjay04

Reaction score
I want the entire running back position to be replaced minus McFadden (yes Dunbar as well, he can't stay healthy).

Normally, I always want to go younger but I wouldn't be mad seeing Lynch sign with us for a Marion Barber role. Seeing the way he moved the pile yesterday still showed me he still has the beast in him.

My first choice would be Lamar Miller but a backfield composing of McFadden/Lynch/a rookie wouldn't make me mad.

Reactions: BAT

endersdragon

Reaction score
I would take him for the 3rd down, short yardage role. How old was Jerome Bettis when he was still moving huge piles? Though what we pay him would obviously have to coincide with the role he is doing.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Too old.

McFadden is going to get 100-150 snaps.

I'd rather have a younger guy... Miller from Miami or Ivory. Or a 3rd round draft pick.

I'd love Ivory but if Beast Mode could be brought in on a reasonable contract I'd jump at it. Him and Dmac would be really interesting.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love Ivory but if Beast Mode could be brought in on a reasonable contract I'd jump at it. Him and Dmac would be really interesting.

I'd like Ivory too, but I think the price will be too high.

The thing is if you had to vets like Lynch & McFadden or Forte & McFadden or Chris Johnson & McFadden, if one guy needs to carry the load for a few games while the other is nicked up... so be it.

Look at the number of #1 backs who were knocked out for significant amounts of time this season. It's one heck of a list.

I think you're better off going in with the plan of two #1's.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just what we need, another aging, injury prone player for the team to have to depend on.

He is about done, no thanks!

Said the same about McFadden.

Look at the number of #1 backs who missed at least a couple games this season- the list is staggering.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'd like Ivory too, but I think the price will be too high.

The thing is if you had to vets like Lynch & McFadden or Forte & McFadden or Chris Johnson & McFadden, if one guy needs to carry the load for a few games while the other is nicked up... so be it.

Look at the number of #1 backs who were knocked out for significant amounts of time this season. It's one heck of a list.

I think you're better off going in with the plan of two #1's.

What do you think Ivory goes for?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you think Ivory goes for?

Great question!

I would think it will be a little larger than what Ingram received last year from NO, which was 4 years/$16 mil.

Maybe $4.5/$5 mil a season for 4 years?

I think the "Number of carries" expected is going to influence both the cost of the back (duh) and how interested they would be in signing with a team that's doing the RBBC thing... Like Dallas is going to do. McFadden is going to get his 10 carries a game (at least).

I think the Cowboys are going to be looking for a guy in both price range and mentality can accept the split carries situation... That's why I think IF the Cowboys go that direction it will be with a little older guy like Lynch, Chris Johnson, Forte or maybe even Alfred Morris.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The double whammy!

Not only do we miss out on drafting Thomas Rawls or signing him as a free agent, but then we turn around and overpay for the player that Rawls replaced?

Ugh!

:banghead:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Great question!

I would think it will be a little larger than what Ingram received last year from NO, which was 4 years/$16 mil.

Maybe $4.5/$5 mil a season for 4 years?

I think the "Number of carries" expected is going to influence both the cost of the back (duh) and how interested they would be in signing with a team that's doing the RBBC thing... Like Dallas is going to do. McFadden is going to get his 10 carries a game (at least).

I think the Cowboys are going to be looking for a guy in both price range and mentality can accept the split carries situation... That's why I think IF the Cowboys go that direction it will be with a little older guy like Lynch, Chris Johnson, Forte or maybe even Alfred Morris.

I think you may be aiming a little high if all those big names hit fa. As you said with Beast Mode, muscle hamster, Forte, miller and morris names on the market I think that will drive his price down becausee of the supply. But of course if they all re-sign he will be the premium get.

robjay04

Reaction score
It's Leastmode anymore.

Now I believe he has seen his better days but truthfully, he was one of the best backs in the league last season. Even last week, he still showed his inability to go down after first contact. He could still be productive in a Marion Barber role, just my opinion though.