Why not challenge NCAA eligibility rules?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So…… if universities now have to allow players to earn money according to court rulings and let players transfer freely , why not also challenge the 4 year eligibility rules as well? They seem equally arbitrary and think about the impact that would have on college football. As long as a guy is enrolled as a student , why should eligibility be limited at all? Is the university legally allowed to deny someone the right to work if they are good enough to earn a spot on the team?

This would blow up college football.

DFWJC

Reaction score
College football is already blown up.

May as well not have college football at all and just have minor league football at this point.
I hate it, but thats how it is. Pure and total money grab all-around

1942willys

Reaction score
The NCAA and the Colleges let this all happen; they were warned for years and did nothing.

There was plenty of time to come up with something that would have worked for both sides that would not have led to the disaster we are now seeing.
One thing I always loved about College Football even at the top level is that in most ways it was still a game
No longer

csirl

Reaction score
I think that in time their will be rwo routes to the NFL. There will be a minor league system in parallel with a reduced in size college football.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So…… if universities now have to allow players to earn money according to court rulings and let players transfer freely , why not also challenge the 4 year eligibility rules as well? They seem equally arbitrary and think about the impact that would have on college football. As long as a guy is enrolled as a student , why should eligibility be limited at all? Is the university legally allowed to deny someone the right to work if they are good enough to earn a spot on the team?

This would blow up college football.
I don’t think the two are remotely the same. If several affiliated organizations, in this case Universities and Colleges want to limit eligibility I don’t see anything wrong with that. There are several alternatives if that’s what a particular person wants to do as a career. NFL, CFL, USFL/XFL as well as several smaller leagues.

With the NIL, they were literally making money off of players while not offering them fair compensation. All while other leagues blocked them from entering until they met a certain criteria (3 years from HS)