Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

basel90

Reaction score
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. He’s not better than Dak. I would argue he’s a big step down.
2. He’s a prima donna who rubs a lot of teammates the wrong way.
3. His reputation has often benefited from being surrounded by superior talent that made him look better than he is. (Like at OU where he was surrounded by NFL talent)
4. If he was so good, why have several of the teams who are desperate for a starting QB said no thanks or he’s too expensive?

For me- Mayfield would be a hard no thanks.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.
This reminds me of Forrest Gump.....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Unbelievable! Right on cue.....

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hardline

Reaction score
Why not Cam Newton?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

:facepalm::laugh:

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Barring an injury to another team’s QB, Mayfield’s best move is probably to start the games for the Browns that Watson is suspended. If he can show something in those starts he just might get a starting job elsewhere. Otherwise, he appears to be headed to a career as a professional backup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
if Dak is not the answer, then Mayfiled is 1000% not the answer. if he was any good, anything you can really win with, somebody would trade for him. his team traded and extended a QB that may not even play and didn't offer anything to Mayfield. nobody wants him, because Mayfield sucks.... so unless you are saying, we should sign him to tank and get a top 5 pick, there is no other reason to go after Suckyfield. .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3. His reputation has often benefited from being surrounded by superior talent that made him look better than he is. (Like at OU where he was surrounded by NFL talent)
4. If he was so good, why have several of the teams who are desperate for a starting QB said no thanks or he’s too expensive?

When he made a big show beating ohio state......that's when I knew "prima donna". Act like you been there before. Ohio state went on the next year to whip his azzzzz. He shrunk down to a pea. that's when I knew "prima donna".

I'll stick with dak thanks!

If he wants to be on practice squad Im good with it.

ShortRound

Reaction score

i like your style, cause havoc.

rags747

Reaction score

Ha, now you sound like Mickey! If he was so good why is he available. Prima Donna, how, were and when. You must be referencing OBJ, OBJ has been a cancer everywhere he has played, his father even had to pipe in for a grown azz man. Embarrassing but Mayfield is the problem, yeah right.