Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

RonWashington

Reaction score
In addition to receiving a no-trade clause in his contract, Prescott also received a no-tag clause.
This means that when his contract expires with the Cowboys, they will be unable to place a franchise tag on him, meaning they need to give him a new deal, or he will hit the open free-agent market.

He will be what mid 30’s by then …well he has this year and next to get this team the respect around the league winners get , first round exits from playoffs should not generate more art galley $$

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
your argument is that the cowboys are much worse than the browns and that is why dak should be excused for 1 win in the playoffs in 6 years. The Browns were 1-36 before baker's era by the way.
many would also argue the cowboys have better receivers and OL. The excuses for dak have to stop at some stage .

Why would you view that as an exscuse for Dak it was about Baker...Do you believe this offense has a running game as good as the Browns and would you not say the Browns defense is better than the Cowboys (currently also a stretch to compare the 2 teams years ago) and what would you say Baker has done with that? Again i get most heres sole focus on Prescott but my comment was why Baker it makes no logical sense.

basel90

Reaction score
ok guys, I never said baker was a better qb, or that dallas should get him, as I know they wont so why discuss it.
I only commented as some were saying dak is better and a better leader.

I wasnt doing a comparison based on one game sample size.
I was just saying that when they met head to head baker did better than dak and won the game, which is the bottom line.

if you look at the scores
CLE 7 24 10 8 49
DAL 14 0 0 24 38

dak and dallas started off good, then I guess cleveland made adjustments, and dak could not score any points for the next 2 qrts !
That is pretty bad by any standards, if dak is top 10 qb, better than baker and a better leader, how could he go scoreless for 2 qrt's?

Some blamed our defense, but if your offense is going 3 and out, not scoring at all, there is a problem with the offense as well.

and this game is when people noticed that dak couldnt score until cleveland was so far ahead they thought they had the game won,
and they let off the gas and let dallas move the ball, but then dallas scored a little too quickly, and it became a game again at very end, until
dak threw a int in ez I think.
I think this is the game where people starting talking about dak doing a lot in garbage time.
you nailed it !!
Defenses have figured Dak out many years ago but some ignorant stubborn fans still think he is elite or the answer to reach the super bowl.
Seems they don't want any argument or solutions to the Dak dilemma . Jerry's PR machine has gotten to so many of the fans , and they are content now with a nice smiling leader at QB , despite the obvious failures on the field.

basel90

Reaction score
Why would you view that as an exscuse for Dak it was about Baker...Do you believe this offense has a running game as good as the Browns and would you not say the Browns defense is better than the Cowboys (currently also a stretch to compare the 2 teams years ago) and what would you say Baker has done with that? Again i get most heres sole focus on Prescott but my comment was why Baker it makes no logical sense.
i agree with you that the running game is better with the browns .
But dak could not even use the prime years of Zeke and the stellar OL . there is always somet kind or excuse with dak . Even jimmy johnson said it , dak is the sort of QB that needs to have everything perfect around him . That is not the situation with a roster picked by jerry as we all know LOL.
An elite QB making 42 mil should be much better than that.
But we are stuck with him and all this baker discusion is just that. jerry would never let Dak go and admit he made a mistake and overpaid dak. ( same zeke mistake probably)

RonWashington

Reaction score
How did the Cowboys hang 29 on the road against defending SB champs TB last season or over 30 plus against the “ mighty Patriots “ again on the road last year if the “ league figured him out yrs ago “ ….I mean it is a team sport the FO did figure in the off-season two glaring weaknesses on the OLine and got rid of them .

I’m not ready to ditch Dak play a journeymen like Dalton or Rush in the hopes of Entering the annual Detroit Lions contest for # 1 pick looking for Mr Burrow clone ….

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
are you talking about the garbage defense that gave up 200 yards rushing.....IN A HALF...ok, I am with you on that....the WORST DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY.
Why couldn't our 160 million $$$$$ QB keep up with the Browns from Q # 1 to # 3??????
Where was our fearless leader when the Browns were piling up those points???
Yes, we understand as Dak needs a PERFECT day by all around him to win?:oops:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The excuses for dak have to stop at some stage
at some point you would think they would stop, but some people will keep doing for a decade !! 6 years in and 4 more to make it a decade lol.
maybe dak getting good enough is a process too ??:huh::thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
because baker is available, or I guess he is, i dont know browns may keep him as bkup?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
i agree with you that the running game is better with the browns .
But dak could not even use the prime years of Zeke and the stellar OL . there is always somet kind or excuse with dak . Even jimmy johnson said it , dak is the sort of QB that needs to have everything perfect around him . That is not the situation with a roster picked by jerry as we all know LOL.
An elite QB making 42 mil should be much better than that.
But we are stuck with him and all this baker discusion is just that. jerry would never let Dak go and admit he made a mistake and overpaid dak. ( same zeke mistake probably)

Thats my point, if you think Dak needs perfect around him and the Browns probably have a better system around Baker..how is Baker the answer. Again keep Dak or dont I am saying Baker is not the answer, not unless you believe he has been held back by this Browns team which i believe would be a hard theory to sell.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you nailed it !!
Defenses have figured Dak out many years ago but some ignorant stubborn fans still think he is elite or the answer to reach the super bowl.
Seems they don't want any argument or solutions to the Dak dilemma . Jerry's PR machine has gotten to so many of the fans , and they are content now with a nice smiling leader at QB , despite the obvious failures on the field.
yeah brainwashed by dak and the jones boys !
then they watch games like the 2nd phil game last season and think o man cowboys are great, and dak is great lol.
then the 9 ers come in and show them whats real.

Adreme

Reaction score
yeah brainwashed by dak and the jones boys !
then they watch games like the 2nd phil game last season and think o man cowboys are great, and dak is great lol.
then the 9 ers come in and show them whats real.

If I were to base what I think of a QB off one of their worst couple games last year I would think Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady, Rodgers, and even Stafford are all scrubs. There is a reason one looks at the full body of work.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
because baker is available, or I guess he is, i dont know browns may keep him as bkup?

Thats the smart move but maybe they dont who knows, Watson has good odds at sitting for a bit from suspension i would think. If Dallas get Baker and there is a QB comp, I'm fine with it, but again from what Baker has shown he needs a good run game (which he has now and we are in question on ours) and a good defense (which again he has now and our has some question) and he has done very little with it.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I will say this Dak is on a very short window to get the team past round one playoff exits . His deal is not long and the Cowboys can’t franchise tag him . So it’s this yr and next to move the ship in the right deep playoffs direction or then yes look elsewhere .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thats my point, if you think Dak needs perfect around him and the Browns probably have a better system around Baker..how is Baker the answer. Again keep Dak or dont I am saying Baker is not the answer, not unless you believe he has been held back by this Browns team which i believe would be a hard theory to sell.
well no one knows about baker, he has been playing in cleveland lol.
just like tannehill was a bust went to tenn, and all of a sudden he is doing way better.
A team change to the right team could be good for baker.
he should want that and take less to go to a team he thinks he would fit in.

As for baker taking dak s spot, that cant and wont happen, were just talking and giving dak o a hard time.

Dak always has good stats, he is king of stats, he must have a big board at home where he monitors them, and says well next game
i need to do better in this area to keep my stats high, I have to be # 1 in stats!!!!!!!

I have to throw a party for my guys so they will keep saying I am a good leader !

make a statement to press to keep my name out there !

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I will say this Dak is on a very short window to get the team past round one playoff exits . His deal is not long and the Cowboys can’t franchise tag him . So it’s this yr and next to move the ship in the right deep playoffs direction or then yes look elsewhere .

This is true and if you could get a better QB now then do it, this is why the ABD crowd get my use some logic comment. Baker has had one of the best ground games and defenses in the league last couple years and done nothing....why would he be the upgrade...the "we would save 20 mill" is false as he and Dak will make basically the same this year and this FO has done nothing with the cap space we currently have...again this is not about Dak defense, its about why Baker he has shown nothing with a better regarded roster.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
well no one knows about baker, he has been playing in cleveland lol.
just like tannehill was a bust went to tenn, and all of a sudden he is doing way better.
A team change to the right team could be good for baker.
he should want that and take less to go to a team he thinks he would fit in.

As for baker taking dak s spot, that cant and wont happen, were just talking and giving dak o a hard time.

Dak always has good stats, he is king of stats, he must have a big board at home where he monitors them, and says well next game
i need to do better in this area to keep my stats high, I have to be # 1 in stats!!!!!!!

I have to throw a party for my guys so they will keep saying I am a good leader !

make a statement to press to keep my name out there !

Ok jokes aside here is kinda what you said: Tann's Dolphin teams had the same talent level these Browns teams have had...And ...Comming to the Cowboys organisation right now can be viewed as a good culture move for a player...again I dont think you really believe either of those is true.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Say what you want about Baker, but at least he is not accused of fondling 24 massage therapists and carrying around his own special towel. Cleveland has done themselves in. Talk about being disgruntled in the locker room! Who the hell in their right mind would follow a degenerate alleged sex abuser?!
Please stay on topic. Is Baker an upgrade over Dak is the question at hand. Try to keep up.