Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You have missed your calling!

Typhus Business Consulting Firm
Just call me... :D
I represent a very large barn building firm and all you have to do is tap the broad side to work here... im just throwing some gas in this thread... lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If this 0-line cant right itself there may not be a good plan...but again i still ask why we are the only team in the NFL over the last 10+ years that needs 1st round picks at every o-line position to have a good offense..lol. Its crazy 2 all pro o-line and servicable rest should be just fine.
It hasnt been a good formula, but Im happy that the OL has a serious chance of improving, but still need a serious outlier, a physical threat, and CD, Zeke, Pollard and Schultz are pleasant threats I guess.
Nothing scary about this offense if Im a defensive coord.

JayFord

Reaction score
We're going to take Mayfield? when Dak does everything better than Mayfield does because Dak may not be the answer?

if Dak aint the answer then Mayfield by a country mile isn't the answer

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
that has nothing to do with fact that dallas could not score at all even a fg in qrt 2 and 3.
had they scored some points in those qrts they might win the game.

Also check for 3 and outs and turnovers, your defense can get wore out being on the field too much and too long, with no help from offense.
yeah, when your defense gives up 200 yards rushing. gets crushed. and you are down 31-14 and it doesn't look like your defense can get into gear, then you are in desparate mode, you can't run, you become one dimentional and easier to defend. once the defense actually did something (more like the browns just stopped trying against our defense), we actually made a come back....and then at the very end, when we could have had this game, they gave up a 50 yard run to a WR no less....seriously.... and no excuse for the defense to have been tired in the first half. no excuse for the defense to give up 200 yards on the ground in one half. 100+ in one quarter. give me a break about defense being tired. its their own damn fault for inability to get off the field, now you want to spin it into the offense should have saved the worst all time defense, then its offenses fault and at that its Dak's fault....

Dak ain't perfect. he will never ever never ever be Elite, like rodgers, brady, allen, but that game was far from being his fault. there were plenty of other points of failure.

basel90

Reaction score
I get it, you want another QB, but again you have to be stretch armstrong to make an argument that Baker is better and has just been in a bad situatuion with a better team... and OBJ is not a bad WR he just needed a QB and found one as Baker was blaming him for the problems. So if you think Cooper is good and just needed a QB then its crazy to not say the same thing about the OBJ/Baker situation..right?
Good points but amari and cee dee are way better than OBJ who went for the NFL minimum salary by the way and Cleveland released him for FREE . Which is saying something about OBJ .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
all good points and no guarantee baker would succeed here or anywhere else. but there is the possibility the situation in cleveleand was toxic it seems and he can turn things around with a new team , similar to the tannehil situation when he joined Tennesse as Dandydon said.
so no gaurantee, but I am guessing cleveland was toxic, I don't have proof that Suckyfield didn't contribute to the toxicity, but hey I hate Dak so much, I would rather go with a crappier QB, so I can continue to blame Dak for another couple of years after that and then complain about mayfield....

like I said, if you are aiming for a top 5 pick, or maybe even top pick, then lets just go with Rush or somebody worse. mayfield will lead you to a top 10 pick where finding the elusive Elite QB that everyone is plannign to draft to replace Dak is going to be hard to find. we need to be in top 5 or have top pick. lets screw this up right, not half way.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Gotta be an OU fan

jalen-hurts.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I also dont know what type of person baker is or his work ethic, or his desire to win. Any of those would matter if I was going to bring him here.
But again this is all moot, because jerry would never do it, he isnt bringing in any qb's, much less a potential starter.
jerry and his boy want a guy like rush behind dak, cheap and no competition for dak, and no controversy .

I dont like that because it is a long season now, and it is hard for qb's to not get beat up or have lingering issues.
I would rather have someone who can play a few games and give my starter a rest at certain points in season.
or maybe against certain teams, your bkup might match up better with certain teams.

like last season when dak was struggling and hurting they just kept playing him, not smart.
we know what type of person he is. there is plenty of history. he is a whiner and points fingers. he lost the locker room and support of his teammates. we know he was so bad that cleveland had to give up draft picks and boat load of guaranteed money to a rapist who hasn't played in a year and maybe won't play this year, but cleveland would rather take that shot instead of mayfield. its all there. its not grass on the otherside being greener. mayfield sucks. no ifs, buts or thens.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yeah and the kurt warner teaching videos, showed dak to be not that smart, and kellen to be also not too smart.
Dallas makes a lot of mistakes before the game even starts !
so let me get it straight....moore is not that smart. OL is not that good. zeke sucks. but its all Dak's fault!.... because I hate Dak.... got it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Good points but amari and cee dee are way better than OBJ who went for the NFL minimum salary by the way and Cleveland released him for FREE . Which is saying something about OBJ .
OBJ ius talented. nobody doubts that. OBJ is a headache. nobody doubts that. for half a year to a year, he is good, subsequently he is locker room cancer.

basel90

Reaction score
so no gaurantee, but I am guessing cleveland was toxic, I don't have proof that Suckyfield didn't contribute to the toxicity, but hey I hate Dak so much, I would rather go with a crappier QB, so I can continue to blame Dak for another couple of years after that and then complain about mayfield....

like I said, if you are aiming for a top 5 pick, or maybe even top pick, then lets just go with Rush or somebody worse. mayfield will lead you to a top 10 pick where finding the elusive Elite QB that everyone is plannign to draft to replace Dak is going to be hard to find. we need to be in top 5 or have top pick. lets screw this up right, not half way.
Tannehil failed in Miami and excelled with Tennessee . So a change of teams can work especially with QBs.
Cooper had some good games and I would like to see him play if Dak has a bad game ( like the horrible loss to the broncos ) but Jerry would never allow it .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Tannehil failed in Miami and excelled with Tennessee . So a change of teams can work especially with QBs.
Cooper had some good games and I would like to see him play if Dak has a bad game ( like the horrible loss to the broncos ) but Jerry would never allow it .
and tannehill had good leadership skills, average QB skills. and wasn't a locker room cancer that created a toxic locker room. he is protected in Tenn. with good players, good run game, good defense and great head coach. he drives the bus, doesn't complain, doesn't throw his teammates under the bus. has good work ethic... none of which applies to baker.

a change to backup QB would work well for baker....he is about to be like a bouncing ball from team to team, rebuilding teams drafting their future QBs, back up on a good team just in case and slowly fade into oblivion of backup NFL Qbs, earning a pay check for a while....mayfield sucks. end of story. I would rather have Dalton than Mayfield for same price.

Adreme

Reaction score
well even if I look at the full body from last season, dak doesnt look too good.
he had a good start, then went down the tubes then beat up on wash and phil, then got controlled by 9ers.
I dont really look at rankings or stats anymore, they are flawed and inaccurate.

Sorry but if you refuse to use stats then your basis for your theory is "I believe it because I think it even if there is 0 evidence to support it" which is fine but that makes your theory weaker than ones that have facts and evidence to support them which unfortunately the theory that Dak is a great QB has stats and facts to support it and those are worth more than your gut.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I dont know that you could get anyone to say CD or Cooper are more talented WR than OBJ, again he just won a ring as a real part of the offense that won.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak took a 4-12 team to the playoffs his 1st season. What's your point?
you're comparing the cowboys roster that dak took over to the browns 1-34 team ? do the math , the browns are one of the worst franchises in the last 20 years.