Why not implement a package for Dak?

Deep_South

Reaction score
I really can't see Tony coming out for a backup at any time unless he is injured. He wants to play every down, which he has demonstrated time and time again. Plus, the idea of taking Tony Romo out of a game on purpose is just silly, IMO.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
What the heck are you guys talking about? Nobody is talking about having this guy run wilD

SHORY YARDAGE RUSHING!

The guy had FOURTY ONE rushing tds in college...FOURTY ONE

He can run 2-3 yards just fine

How bout getting the ball to zeke in those situations

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Why can't this team take a player like Dak and just use him right away for things that he's good for?

Put a short yardage package and maybe even goal line package together that he can thrive in...zone reads w this line and with zeke blocking or even rushing...that would be using the players talents to their abilities

Cam in short yardage situations has like a 100% success rate..I bet Dak could do the same..

I don't even like Dak as a future qb prospect...but this guy definitely can bring something to the table...it's a bit depressing to know that none of this will happen...seems like such an easy and successful plan...yet for some dumb reason, it's also never going to happen

I like that you want him to play, but let's put away the anointing oil.. he may be nothing more than a kid that gets cut...

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I really can't see Tony coming out for a backup at any time unless he is injured. He wants to play every down, which he has demonstrated time and time again. Plus, the idea of taking Tony Romo out of a game on purpose is just silly, IMO.

It's time to not care about what Tony Romo wants. This needs to be about what's best for the team.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dak doesn't seem like a run first QB to me so I wouldn't pigeon hole him into something like that.

JBS

Reaction score
Dak doesn't seem like a run first QB to me so I wouldn't pigeon hole him into something like that.

He did a lot of it in college...so he'd be comfortable with it..it would be a much smoother transition for him than anything else...I'm not sure he will ever offer anything more

jnday

Reaction score
Why can't this team take a player like Dak and just use him right away for things that he's good for?

Put a short yardage package and maybe even goal line package together that he can thrive in...zone reads w this line and with zeke blocking or even rushing...that would be using the players talents to their abilities

Cam in short yardage situations has like a 100% success rate..I bet Dak could do the same..

I don't even like Dak as a future qb prospect...but this guy definitely can bring something to the table...it's a bit depressing to know that none of this will happen...seems like such an easy and successful plan...yet for some dumb reason, it's also never going to happen

They couldn't come up with packages for none of the QBs last year to give the team a chance to win. I don't see them doing it now.

jnday

Reaction score
I can't express into words how much I hate this pick.

It is worse for me living in Mississippi. All of the Mississippi State fans are now Ciwboy fans and are saying that Dak will take Romo's job this year. It is sickening. I will say it now , the "Dak attack" label is going to rate right up there with RKG as my most hated labels. It is not cool. It is not funny, it is old.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
You don't implement a package for Dak because it takes the best player on your team off the field.

T-RO

Reaction score

With all the uncertainty that is Tony Romo's back, clavicle, age... and with our blocking strength up front...yes I'd try it out. What's the downside? If nothing else you force opponents to prepare for something extra. If it doesn't work you put it away.

I wasn't crazy about the pick, but might as well use the players available.

And I say that despite being the most pass-centric guy around.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
It's time to not care about what Tony Romo wants. This needs to be about what's best for the team.

Yeah. Romo is awesome in the red zone though. He buys time like no one else and can see dudes in traffic in the back of the end zone better than just about anyone. I don't really want him coming off the field to set up what's basically a tricked-up running play.

I'd rather Prescott just sit and learn for a couple of years and then see where we're at.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The title implies that this isn't being given consideration.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Dak isn't just a runner. He has very good arm talent that needs to be coached up. He's not going to be a great run threat like Cam is in the NFL. Maybe short yardage but I wouldn't put him through that. He was drafted to be developed as a QB. Not a RB.