Why not just start Trey Lance?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you disrespect the name of a Cowboy player? I am rooting for the guy, you dog his name?

Something wrong with that picture, unless....just a total Dak fan, not a Cowboy fan.
You beat me to it. These guys expect perfect support of #4 while totally trashing #15.

Maybe it's NOT about football and the team after all.

raven55

Reaction score
dak is only a good qb and why do you think SF got rid of lance he's no good they just found a sucker in dumb and dumber

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

Former NFL players DESTROY 49ers Trey Lance​

This is a poor choice of a play to blame Lance on. I’ve seen one of Trey where he stares down a receiver too much cutting across the middle and doesn’t see the LB so throws it almost right to him, but all QBs have done that before (not see the LB). It only becomes a problem if the QB keeps not seeing a LB.

Nevertheless, in the play in this video, he’s clearly under duress due to poor protection and has only a little bit of time to step into his throw to make the zone pass in between the cover 2. Rogers probably could’ve done it, but expecting a rookie or inexperienced player to do what a HOF QB does at that point is a bit of a nitpick to me. And if you watch this particular game’s clips you’ll see Trey was sacked four times and under pressure a bit.

raven55

Reaction score
waste of a 4th round pick but what do you expect from dumb and dumber stick to the oil and gas buss. and leave football to someone who knows something about it

_sturt_

Reaction score
Never mind me. I'm just over here envisioning the plausibility that Trey Lance could represent a Taysom Hill kind-of asset starting this season.

This season. And from where I sit, I think he could even be a stronger asset than Hill has ever been for NO.

Honestly, it's probably the role that makes sense for him. For now anyway. Starter, of course not. But it's not hard for me to imagine McC coming up with some packages for him to keep an opposing defense on edge and impact a game.

I mean, the kid is still young, and there's reason to give him at least a couple of years to see if he can be the QB he was drafted to be. But you don't have to do that right now. Lance is an athletic freak, and as I re-read some of his pre-draft scouting reports, he was commonly considered a slimmer version of Daunte Culpepper coming out of UCF back when UCF had something like the same regard as NDSU had had.

He has the raw tools.

2024-04-08_14-51-56.png.91ee83c3cc28e75fe629cb211f925a8d.png