Why not just start Trey Lance?

b0xZZ

Reaction score
The Joneses think the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl with Dak. They are telling the truth on that statement even though people disagree on this board.
Jerry has been blowing sunshine for 28 years.
Because how incompetent this team is…these players want to win. They aren’t built to be losers. You think Zack Martin wants to lose?
I think if you do what you need to do to really build a championship team then Zack is probably trade bait at this point. Somebody needs a probowl guard and will pay for it. We should be looking to move older players with value that are not going to be part of the new team going forward and I like Zack he's a hell of a player but his in his twilight and could score us a very decent pick.

I am not saying it's a popular thing to do amongst the players but they already see what's going on. They already know that Dallas doesn't have deep pockets.
Nothing but sour grapes from someone who has given up on Dak. We aren't getting to the playoffs without Dak.
we aren’t winning a Super Bowl with Dak either so who cares if he gets to the wildcard and has another signature brain fart? Yea I’ve given up on Dak he’s had 8 years and has proven time and again he doesn’t have the mental makeup to win big games.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Many of you guys don’t really think….at all.
No matter what they do with Dak long term, there’s no gm, coach, or owner who would sit or release Dak and flush a season just to start your 3rd string QB from last year.

This is not a case of saving CAP. You are on the books for all that money you pushed down the road on a QB who had an MVP like season. You are paying him. You are going to get every penny’s worth. You’d look like a complete idiot to let him have that money for nothing. What’s the payoff? Suffering through months of misery just to draft in the teens instead of the 20’s?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has been blowing sunshine for 28 years.

I think if you do what you need to do to really build a championship team then Zack is probably trade bait at this point. Somebody needs a probowl guard and will pay for it. We should be looking to move older players with value that are not going to be part of the new team going forward and I like Zack he's a hell of a player but his in his twilight and could score us a very decent pick.

I am not saying it's a popular thing to do amongst the players but they already see what's going on. They already know that Dallas doesn't have deep pockets.

we aren’t winning a Super Bowl with Dak either so who cares if he gets to the wildcard and has another signature brain fart? Yea I’ve given up on Dak he’s had 8 years and has proven time and again he doesn’t have the mental makeup to win big games.
You don't know what will happen in the future, so stop pretending to. Dak is a great QB. The problem is you... you have given up on him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I would have wholeheartedly disagreed with that thought, but at this point I'm not sure how they don't go this route? The Cowboys approach of asking Dak to win with less is not good for either party. If he's not coming back in 2025 it really is best to cut ties now, see what if anything you have in Lance now, and go from there. If they are not actively trying to improve the roster there is no sense in giving Dak a talent starved offense to win 8 games instead of 6 with.
This. "At this point".

Dak's current cap hit is too high to do anything in free agency without completely mortgaging the future. But why mortgage the future when you don't have a QB signed, let alone having one signed you're confident can take you to the Promised Land?

As Jerry says "we're locked and loaded" for this season. Both sides, by failing to get an extension done, have locked the team into a down season this year.

So if it's a down season, I'd rather get the rebuild started sooner rather than later.

Having a down season this year and then extending Dak *next* season is just pain as far as the eye can see. No mas.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Many of you guys don’t really think….at all.
No matter what they do with Dak long term, there’s no gm, coach, or owner who would sit or release Dak and flush a season just to start your 3rd string QB from last year.

This is not a case of saving CAP. You are on the books for all that money you pushed down the road on a QB who had an MVP like season. You are paying him. You are going to get every penny’s worth. You’d look like a complete idiot to let him have that money for nothing. What’s the payoff? Suffering through months of misery just to draft in the teens instead of the 20’s?
The options, rank ordered.
  1. Trade Dak ASAP and start the rebuild.
  2. Play out the year with Dak.
  3. Let Dak walk next year.
  4. Extend Dak.
I agree that they're not going to sit Dak, at least to start the season. If he's here, he plays. In the event the team drops out of playoff contention, they may as well sit Dak and start Lance to see what he has, or at least showcase him to the league to improve the comp pick when he goes.

A reasonable prospect of Dak's contract year playing out that way may motivate Dak to sign up for a trade.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The options, rank ordered.
  1. Trade Dak ASAP and start the rebuild.
  2. Play out the year with Dak.
  3. Let Dak walk next year.
  4. Extend Dak.
I agree that they're not going to sit Dak, at least to start the season. If he's here, he plays. In the event the team drops out of playoff contention, they may as well sit Dak and start Lance to see what he has, or at least showcase him to the league to improve the comp pick when he goes.

A reasonable prospect of Dak's contract year playing out that way may motivate Dak to sign up for a trade.
Dak is going to get benched.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This. "At this point".

Dak's current cap hit is too high to do anything in free agency without completely mortgaging the future. But why mortgage the future when you don't have a QB signed, let alone having one signed you're confident can take you to the Promised Land?

As Jerry says "we're locked and loaded" for this season. Both sides, by failing to get an extension done, have locked the team into a down season this year.

So if it's a down season, I'd rather get the rebuild started sooner rather than later.

Having a down season this year and then extending Dak *next* season is just pain as far as the eye can see. No mas.
Jerry is banking on the 2024 draft.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is gone, the writing is on the wall and before you say he gives us the best chance to win this year, I agree, he is going to win more meaningless regular season games and if this team is fortunate to make the playoffs he isn't going to take us to a superbowl, that's not going to happen with this current team regardless and I think most everyone agrees with that take.

So starting Dak net's you nothing and actually hurts the 25 draft stock. Give Lance a true year of evaluation, the worst that can happen is the team goes 0-17 has the top pick or top five pick and free of Dak's cap hit. Or start Dak, win a few games, know nothing about Lance's ability and end up with a middle to late round first.
Because Jerry wants his pound of Dak flesh and the way things are looking he will get plenty! :omg:
Can you imagine how he felt seeing the stadium empty out at halftime of the GB debacle?
Yep, good old Deer in the Headlights is in for the ride of his life come kick-off time!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Because Jerry wants his pound of Dak flesh and the way things are looking he will get plenty! :omg:
Can you imagine how he felt seeing the stadium empty out at halftime of the GB debacle?
Yep, good old Deer in the Headlights is in for the ride of his life come kick-off time!
Yes!

Pay back time.

Dak made Jerry man cry in front of millions.

Dak is getting the Jason Garrett deal.

Play our the last year and then good bye.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't know what will happen in the future, so stop pretending to. Dak is a great QB. The problem is you... you have given up on him.
Heck ya, he is......................
VIVA we are blessed to have his greatness on our team!!!

Qcard

Reaction score
Yes.

SF loss is our gain. 8)
Agreed... we've come a long way from Charles Haley and Deion Sanders type deals..

Now some cowboy 'fans" aka Dak Haters have devolved into hyping 49er draft Bust QB Trey Lance because they Hate Prescott :lmao:

Dak Haters have amazing Narratives!!:laugh:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dare you to show ONE! UNO! MOJA! Cowboys defensive play vs Packers?!:lmao::lmao::espn:
Why are you still here?
The reason you exist here is Dak and his demise is a reality just a matter of time.
Yes, we are all aware that the defense needs to carry inepto Prestrash, or else it's another loss.
Seems they weren't able to do it for 18 weeks.
Apologies................and GL when you follow Dak to his new team if he manages to get one?
P.S. How about those 14 points Dakster gifted GB in the 1st Half?

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because you run the risk of losing the locker room. Too many players and coaches have their futures tied up in this season to want to see what the backup has for next year because if Dallas doesn't win this year most of them won't be back next year.
:muttley: The Locker room?
Is this a Joke?
Dak lost the locker room a long time ago.
Between Mr.Diggs and CD Mom's, the truth is out there.
Zero respect for Dak from his teammates..................0

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The level of desperation keeps growing higher and higher by the day.

Setting yourselves up for an epic meltdown.
:muttley: