News: Why Robert Griffin III is perfect for the Dallas Cowboys

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why Robert Griffin III is perfect for the Dallas Cowboys
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/08/31/dallas-cowboys-why-rgiii-is-perfect-for-the/

...As a native Texan and product of Baylor University, Griffin is a homegrown talent. When at his best, Griffin benefits from a strong running game (Alfred Morris in 2012) and is a very good play action quarterback. He uses his mobility well and can extend plays and drives.

While he has not always been the most accurate thrower but has a modest career 63.3 % career percentage. He excels in play action and quick rhythm passing. With the limited pass attempts, he would get if he did play, Griffin’s deficiencies throwing outside the numbers or with lapses in pocket awareness will be diminished.

Griffin also is a great deep ball thrower and would be someone the team could be comfortable throwing the deep ball. Though the team doesn’t use it often, they do like to test the defense off of play action once or twice a game to keep the defense honest. This was evident during the first five weeks of 2017 when former receiver Brice Butler and quarterback Dak Prescott had more than a few connections over 30+ yards....

Wood

Reaction score
I agree but Dallas suffers from fatal flaw in trying to protect ego of their starting QB so they never bring in back-up QB of any real value. They shielded Romo & now they do same for Dak. Personally, I think both QB could handle it but like I said its fatal flaw in team building approach by either Jason or Jones.

Carl23

Reaction score
I am okay with it. Dude is cheap and better than what we have on the roster. If the kid can still run, he would be great in a backup role as we can try to use his legs for a few weeks.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I agree but Dallas suffers from fatal flaw in trying to protect ego of their starting QB so they never bring in back-up QB of any real value. They shielded Romo & now they do same for Dak. Personally, I think both QB could handle it but like I said its fatal flaw in team building approach by either Jason or Jones.
Lol to we never having a quaility QB behind Romo. Orton was not only a starting caliber QB but we also made him the highest paid back up in the NFL. RGIII would be nice but what does he want to do? Does he want to come somewhere that he has no chance in starting like Orton did; hoping for an injury to get his shot? Or does he go somewhere that gives him better odds to get on the field?

Zman5

Reaction score
Lol to we never having a quaility QB behind Romo. Orton was not only a starting caliber QB but we also made him the highest paid back up in the NFL. RGIII would be nice but what does he want to do? Does he want to come somewhere that he has no chance in starting like Orton did; hoping for an injury to get his shot? Or does he go somewhere that gives him better odds to get on the field?

Orton experiment didn't work out. He and Romo didn't get along. Orton supposedly hated Romo and JG for some reason. Maybe that's the reason why they are not brining in another capable backup QB anymore.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/08/31/dallas-cowboys-why-rgiii-is-perfect-for-the/

...As a native Texan and product of Baylor University, Griffin is a homegrown talent. When at his best, Griffin benefits from a strong running game (Alfred Morris in 2012) and is a very good play action quarterback. He uses his mobility well and can extend plays and drives.

While he has not always been the most accurate thrower but has a modest career 63.3 % career percentage. He excels in play action and quick rhythm passing. With the limited pass attempts, he would get if he did play, Griffin’s deficiencies throwing outside the numbers or with lapses in pocket awareness will be diminished.

Griffin also is a great deep ball thrower and would be someone the team could be comfortable throwing the deep ball. Though the team doesn’t use it often, they do like to test the defense off of play action once or twice a game to keep the defense honest. This was evident during the first five weeks of 2017 when former receiver Brice Butler and quarterback Dak Prescott had more than a few connections over 30+ yards....
I would be very happy if we signed RGIII. He is so much better than what we have.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

He is a perfect fit because in Dallas we love sucky backup QB's!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Orton experiment didn't work out. He and Romo didn't get along. Orton supposedly hated Romo and JG for some reason. Maybe that's the reason why they are not brining in another capable backup QB anymore.
Reportedly? When Romo went down (as usual) Orton came in the game and did his job. He was a back up QB that sat behind Romo. Dak was a capable back up as well.

Wood

Reaction score

If Orton is only person you can bring up in 13 years (2006-2018). Then you just proved my point. Thank you.

Zman5

Reaction score
Reportedly? When Romo went down (as usual) Orton came in the game and did his job. He was a back up QB that sat behind Romo. Dak was a capable back up as well.

They didn't think Dak was going to be that good that quickly. We was the 3rd QB being groomed possibly as the future starter. K. Moore was the backup QB. Had Moore didn't get injured, we might have found out how good Dak was until later time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign RG3 even if he agreed to play for free. The guy is a moron. :popcorn: