News: Why Robert Griffin III is perfect for the Dallas Cowboys

ItzKelz

Reaction score
They didn't think Dak was going to be that good that quickly. We was the 3rd QB being groomed possibly as the future starter. K. Moore was the backup QB. Had Moore didn't get injured, we might have found out how good Dak was until later time.
Before Kellen got hurt EVERYONE as soon as rookie mini camp started comparing Dak to Wilson. Then when camp started with the vets they brought up Rogers. Then when preseason started he became the QB of the future. Then when Romo got hurt he could become the next Big Ben. Then when Romo lost his job they even brought up Brady.

Oh yea and Scott wanted Dak from jump which is why Dak spent more time with the Cowboys than any other draft picks.

exciter

Reaction score
Why Robert Griffin III is perfect for the Dallas Cowboys
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/08/31/dallas-cowboys-why-rgiii-is-perfect-for-the/

...As a native Texan and product of Baylor University, Griffin is a homegrown talent. When at his best, Griffin benefits from a strong running game (Alfred Morris in 2012) and is a very good play action quarterback. He uses his mobility well and can extend plays and drives.

While he has not always been the most accurate thrower but has a modest career 63.3 % career percentage. He excels in play action and quick rhythm passing. With the limited pass attempts, he would get if he did play, Griffin’s deficiencies throwing outside the numbers or with lapses in pocket awareness will be diminished.

Griffin also is a great deep ball thrower and would be someone the team could be comfortable throwing the deep ball. Though the team doesn’t use it often, they do like to test the defense off of play action once or twice a game to keep the defense honest. This was evident during the first five weeks of 2017 when former receiver Brice Butler and quarterback Dak Prescott had more than a few connections over 30+ yards....
Has he been released? Can't really imagine them cutting him and only keeping 2. Jackson was worse than White. His accuracy is non existent at this point, missing open receivers by 3 yards on 10 yard passes. That's before you consider if Griffen can actually stay healthy himself and how long will it take him to learn the offense!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Has he been released? Can't really imagine them cutting him and only keeping 2. Jackson was worse than White. His accuracy is non existent at this point, missing open receivers by 3 yards on 10 yard passes. That's before you consider if Griffen can actually stay healthy himself and how long will it take him to learn the offense!
Not been released.

I just read on Twitter that the Ravens are keeping him.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why Robert Griffin III is perfect for the Dallas Cowboys
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/08/31/dallas-cowboys-why-rgiii-is-perfect-for-the/

...As a native Texan and product of Baylor University, Griffin is a homegrown talent. When at his best, Griffin benefits from a strong running game (Alfred Morris in 2012) and is a very good play action quarterback. He uses his mobility well and can extend plays and drives.

While he has not always been the most accurate thrower but has a modest career 63.3 % career percentage. He excels in play action and quick rhythm passing. With the limited pass attempts, he would get if he did play, Griffin’s deficiencies throwing outside the numbers or with lapses in pocket awareness will be diminished.

Griffin also is a great deep ball thrower and would be someone the team could be comfortable throwing the deep ball. Though the team doesn’t use it often, they do like to test the defense off of play action once or twice a game to keep the defense honest. This was evident during the first five weeks of 2017 when former receiver Brice Butler and quarterback Dak Prescott had more than a few connections over 30+ yards....
How many coaches have given up on him?
Yes, let's sign him!

Zman5

Reaction score
Before Kellen got hurt EVERYONE as soon as rookie mini camp started comparing Dak to Wilson. Then when camp started with the vets they brought up Rogers. Then when preseason started he became the QB of the future. Then when Romo got hurt he could become the next Big Ben. Then when Romo lost his job they even brought up Brady.

Oh yea and Scott wanted Dak from jump which is why Dak spent more time with the Cowboys than any other draft picks.

There were reports in the TC people questioning Dak's abilities. I remember Cowboys Break crew saying he couldn't throw a simple pass at times.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign RG3 even if he agreed to play for free. The guy is a moron. :popcorn:

Yeah, but he has terrific socks!
And didn't you love it the way he played the Skins owner against
Shanahan in Washington?? Nothing like a stupid but manipulative player.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
There were reports in the TC people questioning Dak's abilities. I remember Cowboys Break crew saying he couldn't throw a simple pass at times.
I remember hearing the same thing about Romo. Couldn't complete a freaking screen or an out. But never did I hear anyone compare Romo to anyone that was great his rookie year and we did with Dak. How his career turns out is to be determined but traits have been seen in the kid.....these are just the facts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That sucks. Ravens are keeping RGIII. He would have been a perfect backup to Dak. We had best hope Dak doesn't get hurt because Noodle Arm is an automatic game loss, while White needs experience.

Zman5

Reaction score
I remember hearing the same thing about Romo. Couldn't complete a freaking screen or an out. But never did I hear anyone compare Romo to anyone that was great his rookie year and we did with Dak. How his career turns out is to be determined but traits have been seen in the kid.....these are just the facts.

I'm not sure what your point is here. All I'm saying is that they haven't brought in any QB of significance as the backup after Orton. And my guess is because there may have been too much friction between Romo and Orton. Orton probably thought he can start and be better than Romo. I think the staff realized this and don't want to have similar situation again which I think is a stupid way of building a team.

After Orton, our backup QBs were Weedon, K. Moore and a 4th round project QB. That's a huge drop off from someone like Orton.

fansince68

Reaction score
I agree but Dallas suffers from fatal flaw in trying to protect ego of their starting QB so they never bring in back-up QB of any real value. They shielded Romo & now they do same for Dak. Personally, I think both QB could handle it but like I said its fatal flaw in team building approach by either Jason or Jones.
Yes. I don't know why they refuse to give competition to qb1. In my opinion it only makes them better. And yes they did the same thing with Romo.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your point is here. All I'm saying is that they haven't brought in any QB of significance as the backup after Orton. And my guess is because there may have been too much friction between Romo and Orton. Orton probably thought he can start and be better than Romo. I think the staff realized this and don't want to have similar situation again which I think is a stupid way of building a team.

After Orton, our backup QBs were Weedon, K. Moore and a 4th round project QB. That's a huge drop off from someone like Orton.
Jon Kitna

GenoT

Reaction score
Just what we need...a backup QB who can’t stay healthy, lol!