Why Schoonmaker at 58 is Better for Dallas than Kincaid would have been at 26

Big_D

Reaction score
Could we please stop comparing players to guys like Pat Mahomes and Travis Kelce. They are now in the dynasty conversation and any comparisons or hopes for the next hall of fame player is laughable at this point. But I'm sure Kincaid will be just as good. lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
this thread is assuming alot. Frankly, we dont really know yet. I get the logic though. I think LS gets about 500 yards, 6-7 td's this year and thats actually really nice for any rookie TE when u go back in time and look. If we can get that out of him year 1, he will be a star. I think Jake Ferguson will shine this year. We are forgetting about him and just how good he can be.

Big_D

Reaction score
this thread is assuming alot. Frankly, we dont really know yet. I get the logic though. I think LS gets about 500 yards, 6-7 td's this year and thats actually really nice for any rookie TE when u go back in time and look. If we can get that out of him year 1, he will be a star. I think Jake Ferguson will shine this year. We are forgetting about him and just how good he can be.

I like the multiple TE approach and think Ferguson can break out. People are still dreaming of a 1300 yard TE. LS getting 500 and 6 would be a very good rookie year!

Big_D

Reaction score
Especially when the Cowboys got Mazi Smith and Schoonmaker.

I'm really excited about Mazi Smith considering how elated Parsons was with the pick. Should be a tremendous lift up front.

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm really excited about Mazi Smith considering how elated Parsons was with the pick. Should be a tremendous lift up front.
A good chance that he gives the team a big lift and they are a legit contender.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like the multiple TE approach and think Ferguson can break out. People are still dreaming of a 1300 yard TE. LS getting 500 and 6 would be a very good rookie year!
exactly

Big_D

Reaction score
Kelce blocks but in passing game he’s essentially a slot receiver.

Plus he's in a league by himself along with a QB who is in a league by himself. There's no TE that comes close. Kittle had a dam good year back in 2018 which was certainly comparable but the production, consistency and durability of TK is unmatched.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Plus he's in a league by himself along with a QB who is in a league by himself. There's no TE that comes close. Kittle had a dam good year back in 2018 which was certainly comparable but the production, consistency and durability of TK is unmatched.
Yeah he for sure isn’t the standard or the bar. He’s in a league of his own. Kittle to me is right under him.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I have watched his videos. I see a good solid TE that will probably be worth the pick in the long run.
Kid has better hands than Schultz and is faster than Schultz. He also blocks better than Schultz. Give the kid a year or two with our trainers and he’ll be a beast.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You would rather have Kincaid and no Mazi Smith? No 1 tech that they have needed for a longtime?
I desperately want to upgrade the skill positions to the point where even a stiff like Dak Prescott has a chance.

Or we can just continue to watch complete ineptitude from the offense in the postseason any time they face a real defense.