Why should I stay a Cowboys fan?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rusty, do whatever your heart and your mind tells you to do. I'm sure there are many here, including myself, asking themselves the same thing. From an emotional standpoint, sticking with the Cowboys will likely keep you being their fan. From purely a rational standpoint, there may be a number of reasons why you might seriously consider doing otherwise. You're the only one who should rightfully make that decision.

Jerry isn't likely to change, as long as he draws breath. He probably would have by now if it were in the cards. I'm really not inclined to jump ship, since my emotional involvement with the Cowboys excludes me from doing so. You should just follow your heart and your mind and simply take whichever path you prefer. I wish you well in doing whatever makes you happy. In the end, that's what being a fan is all about. :)

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rusty, do whatever your heart and your mind tells you to do. I'm sure there are many here, including myself, asking themselves the same thing. From an emotional standpoint, sticking with the Cowboys will likely keep you being their fan. From purely a rational standpoint, there may be a number of reasons why you might seriously consider doing otherwise. You are the only one who should make that decision.

Jerry probably won't change, as long as he draws breath. He probably would have by now if was in the cards. I'm not inclined to jump ship, since my emotional involvement with the Cowboys excludes me from doing so. You should just follow your heart and your mind and simply go with whichever path outweighs the other. I wish you well in doing whatever you feel is best. :)

I'm sticking with the team. I can't bring myself to leave the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sticking with the team. I can't bring myself to leave the Cowboys.

Welcome to the club -- looks like we're both in the same boat. Jerry won't change and I doubt Stephen will, either. They'll always be what Jimmy Johnson said Jerry was years ago -- just a rich a-hole, who fosters an organization with a bad foundation. The country club atmosphere prevails! If you can stand another decade of this self-inflicted punishment, you have both my sympathy and my respect. Bless you for your loyalty. Hang in there, sir! :D

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You shouldn't. You should pick up your hooves and trot right over to Colorado and be a Denver Broncos fan. ;)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Welcome to the club -- looks like we're both in the same boat. Jerry won't change and I doubt Stephen will, either. They'll always be what Jimmy Johnson said Jerry was years ago -- just a rich a-hole, who fosters an organization with a bad foundation. The country club atmosphere prevails! If you can stand another decade of this self-inflicted punishment, you have both my sympathy and my respect. Bless you for your loyalty. Hang in there, sir! :D

Thank you
You shouldn't. You should pick up your hooves and trot right over to Colorado and be a Denver Broncos fan. ;)

Sticking around for the Cowboys, though I do pull for Denver when they don't play us. Still, I'll always have the Cowboys as my top team.

9of11

Reaction score
It would be blasphemy if you changed to another team...I personally have never ran into a former Cowboys fan but have ran into others teams former fans...not bragging or being arrogant...we are the best fans...Win, lose or draw...25 plus years of 2-3 playoff wins and we still pack the stadium and follow the team everywhere...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Cool - move the finish line. Why don’t you move the finish line to 6 months…lol. Then ignore the real history.
The finish line did move..... once the NFL put in a salary cap. People should adjust and stop talking about the glory days. Those were thrown in the trash when the cap started.

JBond

Reaction score
Time for you to take some reading comprehension classes. Reading titles and responding to only the title is just weak.
Hey Kansas I did read it and like the vast majority of your posts so relax.

Toro9

Reaction score
I'll always be a Cowboys fan. It's like it's embedded in my DNA. Has been since I was 6. Are there other organizations that are better? I think so, but it doesn't matter. I'm not really a fan of any other team. I kinda like the Saints and Packers but I'm definitely not a fanatic of those teams.

kevm3

Reaction score
being a cowboys fan these days is like stockholm syndrome.

you try to find reasons to smile and look forward to the future while the Jones boys are punching you in the gut. If you want to enjoy your life, just set realistic expectations and know that the likelihood of us winning a Superbowl is approaching zero. Don't buy merchandise, don't get overly invested. Just have fun seeing what some of the rookies do and expect that our football season is over come playoff time.