Why the extreme roller coaster with Dak?

TheCritic

Reaction score
A week ago, it was Dak can't win when it counts the most. This week, it's Dak MVP, CeeDee the greatest...why the extreme roller coaster? Why not just stop at Dak is playing great/better and CeeDee is having a great season so far? Feels like us fans and the media go from the Cowboys suck to the Cowboys are contenders almost every single week. No other fanbase does this. It's not normal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A week ago, it was Dak can't win when it counts the most. This week, it's Dak MVP, CeeDee the greatest...why the extreme roller coaster? Why not just stop at Dak is playing great/better and CeeDee is having a great season so far? Feels like us fans and the media go from the Cowboys suck to the Cowboys are contenders almost every single week. No other fanbase does this. It's not normal.
For fans? To boost personal expectations, warranted or not. For media? Sensationalism.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who’s saying Dak should be MVP? I haven’t seen anyone. Maybe I missed it. But it can’t be more than 1 or 2 yahoo’s. Need to wait until the end of the regular season.

Zman5

Reaction score
It's not just the Cowboys fans. Other team fans do it also. There is actually
a thread on the Eagirls forum 'Hurts got paid and he is done'.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Who’s saying Dak should be MVP? I haven’t seen anyone. Maybe I missed it. But it can’t be more than 1 or 2 yahoo’s. Need to wait until the end of the regular season.

Dak.

Well, I guess JJ is a yahoo because he said the Dak should be the MVP. If you would sober up for a day or two you would have read the post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all of professional sports the single most position that will always get the most attention is the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. The expectation is to win a super bowl every year. Win and you are a hero. Lose and you a loser. Add that to playing in a week to week league and there will always be extremes. Therefore it's either thumbs up or thumbs down and zero gray area. None.

Toro9

Reaction score
Obsession.

John813

Reaction score
Dallas has a big fan base, with a wide range of opinions on this team.
Is your comment based off the same poster(s) making bipolar comments or just how the forum acts, even though there's easily a thousand+ active members on here?
Cause I still see the same people supporting Dak and the same downplaying him even though he has done well over the last month.

Other fanbases do it too. Miami fanbase has had big swings over the course of the year. 70 point blowout win vs the Bills blowout loss. McDaniel is considered a genius or fraud depending on the game. Same for Tua and Chubb(whipping boy on defense).

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't think it's new or really different than other fan bases. We're all fickle! :cool:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
As Aikman says, "It's just what you get being quarterback, especially for Dallas Cowboys."

The higher profile the team, the more up and down hype.

Don't shed any tears though for Dak or any Franchise NFL QB. They are paid a lot to deal with it. Even the crappy ones.

And they deserve it too. Would not want to be in a professional sports position where every play is spotlighted on me.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Individually, people don't change their mind that fast or that much. The issue is who is the loudest. When Dak is on a hot streak, his supporters in the fanbase and media are loud. When he has a bad game, his detractors show up in volume.

That makes it look like wild swings but it really isn't.