Why was Joe Buck acting like the game

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;2449671 said:
That was pretty obvious to Cowboys fans and anyone who watch FOX's own graphic which showed the score.

Aikman said he didn't correct him because he wasn't listening to him. :laugh1:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Chief;2449767 said:
:laugh2:

"Daddy, is Uncle Buck going to have a sleep over at our house?"

"Not this time."

"Good, 'cause he always wants to play with my dolls."

That is funny.... he LOOKS like a KEN DOLL himself :laugh2:

FCBarca

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed/observed before but a buddy of mine pointed this out and thought it was pretty funny.

Watch Joe Buck whenever Troy pontificates...He invariably will turn to the camera every now and then and the look on his face/eyes is strange...It's the oddest thing...Now that I had it pointed out to me, I kept help but look for it and get a laugh

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
YoMick;2449788 said:
That is funny.... he LOOKS like a KEN DOLL himself :laugh2:

He is becoming more and more feminine. He's entering David Spade territory.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2449619 said:
It is the last T-day at Texas Stadium. The thing about Buck that made me mad yesterday was that he claimed we lost in 1994 on T-day to the Pack, and Aikman didn't even correct him. He corrected himself 2 quarters later.

it was just a slip but it was funny, Troy said "they won" in 1994 and then Buck said it ok to say "we" in that context.

The Panch

Reaction score
casmith07;2449687 said:
By the way, did anyone see the game where Mike and Mike called a MNF game? They did an outstanding job. I'm sure ESPN has some other guys in there that can do color commentary and play-by-play. Spread the wealth! How about some Trey Wingo!
I disagree. Greeney and Ditka were horrible. Golic was cool tho. Wingo seems like a prick when he does Mike and Mike, but seems like he can be an alright announcer.

casmith said:
By Far The Best Out There Is Chris Collinsworth......he Is Knowledgeable And He Is Not Biased......i Don't Mind Hearing Him ...the Rest Can Blow Up......
I concur with this. As a duo, Phil Simms and Jim Nantz are my favorite. Some people may not like Phil, but I appreciate how blunt he is.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JakeCamp12;2449648 said:
The standard flow of announcing a game anymore seems to be to that one announcer pumps up the team that is losing and the other downplays the team that is winning. This formula has been in place since Madden and Summerall were broken up. The only team I enjoy listening to any more is Moose and the guy he is teamed with. Buck is better at baseball and spends too much time with his smarmy jokes for me. I would prefer Aikman with someone that could extract actual game time knowledge with real insightful questions, but Buck isn't a real student of the game. Fox prefers entertainment over actual game time analysis....

Great post.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didnt hear him say we lost the 94 game but that's not important. It shows how stupid he can be when he speaks without thinking.

As for the last game comments I do believe he was talking about it being the last one ever in Texas Stadium.

lockster

Reaction score
Didn't think I'd ever say this, forgive me for this, but I thought .... Brady James deserved the Turkey Award. This is a total freak accident I'm sure! Nice post BBgun. Also, if my memory serves me correct, I don't ever think G.B. ever beat us with Favre at the helm. Favre should be enshrined in Valley Ranch for his value to us cowboy fans, looks like Julius Jones is wanting to take that spot from him though. lol