Why we should sign Bakhtiari

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As you mentioned also in another post it's kind of like a younger Jason Peters insurance plan.

Myself, I like it for the simple fact that I think he's a better option than Edoga, Guyton or Richards. A proven commodity when healthy.

Guyton needs some bench seasoning if you ask me so I'm still sticking with Tyler Smith as the starting LT against the AFC North and NFC East d-lines on this year's schedule.

jmo

Exactly, and, even if he's not healthy, he's a great mentor. Almost like a coach in uniform. I'm with you on Guyton. So, to me, it makes all the sense in the world to go for Bakhtiari.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He’d be a progress stopper. The biggest problem on the OL is how to get Beebee in the lineup

See, I think there are some circumstances where that's okay. I think if you have a player who needs a little time to grow, then having a veteran that can step in is a good thing. Kinda like Jason Peters.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Given the huge number of games he’s missed over the past three seasons, any contract I offered would be strictly incentive based.

I’d pay him for the games he was able to play and nothing more. The onus has to be on him to prove that he’s healthy enough to play.

Yeah, hence the 1 year deal.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Given the huge number of games he’s missed over the past three seasons, any contract I offered would be strictly incentive based.

I’d pay him for the games he was able to play and nothing more. The onus has to be on him to prove that he’s healthy enough to play.
He can’t be paid less than the minimum.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He’d be a progress stopper. The biggest problem on the OL is how to get Beebee in the lineup
progress stopper is thrown around way too easily. Right now we have a ALL PRO Guard who can play LT but not at that level; a rookie who has never played LT; and a RT still coming back from injury.
Some insurance would be a good idea

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
progress stopper is thrown around way too easily. Right now we have a ALL PRO Guard who can play LT but not at that level; a rookie who has never played LT; and a RT still coming back from injury.
Some insurance would be a good idea

Exactly. This is a situation where it might be "progress stopping" by not signing him since he can teach out young linemen what they're supposed to do.