Recap: Why you should Love this Win

Qcard

Reaction score
1. KaVontae Turpin was encouraged by half the team after the Fumbled Punt. He didn't get the Post INT Andy Dalton treatment.

2. The Offense Started Fast and if not for Turpins TO, the Networks would have flipped the game in the 3rd QTR. Mills and Driskel doesn't work trailing by possibly 14pts.

3. We have a Hall Of Fame Right Side Online.
Jason Peters and Zachary Martin :lmao2::dance:

4. Connor McGovern F your Plans!!! I AM Not going to the Bench!! Love the Grit and Versatlity :clap:

5. Carlos Watkins Tackle on Moore at One Yard Line

6. Carlos Watkins penetration on Driskel worst play of the Century

7. Dak is going to make sure Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz get PAID!! :hammer:

8. Kelvin Joseph - He has the Highest Ceiling of any of the DBs but also the lowest low of any player. The Light Flickered

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Bossman is always there but the play gets made by him literally inches away...have a feeling if he keeps on track we could see him learn how to make those plays under Diggs...you can say the same about anthony brown like he is always in position but has no ball skills i can't say the same thing with bossman because his ceiling is there the play is literally a split second from being in his favour and thank the lord the one we needed was on 3rd down...keep him getting reps he will get better come playoff time

Tommy

Reaction score
All teams have these kind of games from time to time. It’s the reason why the best teams don’t go undefeated every year.

I’m not overly bothered by it. The good teams find ways to turn these games into wins more often than not. We did that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The alternative is a loss. Cowboys have no reason to apologize for winning a game. Having said that I can assure you the coaches and player know they did not play a good game and will be back to work to clean this mess up. But I will take a ugly win over a well played loss any day of the weak. This is far from the 1st time Dallas has played a sorry team and squeaked out a win, dating back to the 60's and 70's until today. I know people have selective memory and think past Cowboy SB teams were perfect and played every game great that is far from fact. Dallas as all teams will have days like Cowboys did yesterday. Cowboys won and sitting a 10-3 believe me that beats the hell out of 9-4 and in the end no one will care.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Though there were mistakes from all phases, the offense was able to go 98 yards and win the game. That's significant.

End of story.

Winning is hard in the NFL. This isn't college where 90% of wins by good teams come just because their roster is better. NFL is a battle. You celebrate every win and don't apologize. Who cares what the line was. That's for gambling. We won in the end and keep our hopes at the East alive. All there is to it.

And as you said, driving 98yds the way we did, was beautiful to watch. That drive was a masterpiece. And we did it unlike Mayfield, which needed two 15yd penalties to move him a third of the way. Also think he had another 5yd mixed in. We did it all on our own. How can you be mad at that? We were supposed ti win and we did. Move onto the Jags on the road.

starman22

Reaction score
The alternative is a loss. Cowboys have no reason to apologize for winning a game. Having said that I can assure you the coaches and player know they did not play a good game and will be back to work to clean this mess up. But I will take a ugly win over a well played loss any day of the weak. This is far from the 1st time Dallas has played a sorry team and squeaked out a win, dating back to the 60's and 70's until today. I know people have selective memory and think past Cowboy SB teams were perfect and played every game great that is far from fact. Dallas as all teams will have days like Cowboys did yesterday. Cowboys won and sitting a 10-3 believe me that beats the hell out of 9-4 and in the end no one will care.

I agree with much of this, but when you have 2 or 3 stinkers in your last 5 games against bad teams, it doesn't do much to instill confidence that they will turn it on when the playoffs start.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Actually the win is far better than the alternative. One good thing is , the whole team should earn the wrath of coaches and turn it up for the reminder of games. Go take your frustrations out on the road on a good Jags team and beat them , that will improve your confidence and go from there.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. KaVontae Turpin was encouraged by half the team after the Fumbled Punt. He didn't get the Post INT Andy Dalton treatment.

2. The Offense Started Fast and if not for Turpins TO, the Networks would have flipped the game in the 3rd QTR. Mills and Driskel doesn't work trailing by possibly 14pts.

4. Connor McGovern F your Plans!!! I AM Not going to the Bench!! Love the Grit and Versatlity :clap:

8. Kelvin Joseph - He has the Highest Ceiling of any of the DBs but also the lowest low of any player. The Light Flickered

mr Qcard---thanks for your analysis

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually the win is far better than the alternative. One good thing is , the whole team should earn the wrath of coaches and turn it up for the reminder of games. Go take your frustrations out on the road on a good Jags team and beat them , that will improve your confidence and go from there.

i must agree with nalam

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with much of this, but when you have 2 or 3 stinkers in your last 5 games against bad teams, it doesn't do much to instill confidence that they will turn it on when the playoffs start.

I can't do anything about anyone else confidence. That is personal issue. Those who want to give up on the season be my guest. Yesterday was a bad game yet Cowboys won. They have 4 games before post season and we will see where we are at that point.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I hate starting new threads (Pretty much cause I don't have much to say) so guys allow me to use this thread as a launching point. People are saying we got out played

That's the narrative of the sports matrix, we got out played? Houston had 327 tot yards Dallas had 404. Houston had 213 pass yards Dallas had 277. Rushing Houston 114 Dallas 127

Houston had 16 1st downs Dallas had 21. My point is did Houston out play Dallas or Did Dallas Gift the 3 very short fields ? On one of the ints in the 4th qtr, gave them the ball on the six yard line all they had to do was punch the ball in

Defensive stand. Even if they would have kicked a field goal , they still would've loss. Take away those three gifts and were talking about Dallas in a yawner.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
End of story.

Winning is hard in the NFL. This isn't college where 90% of wins by good teams come just because their roster is better. NFL is a battle. You celebrate every win and don't apologize. Who cares what the line was. That's for gambling. We won in the end and keep our hopes at the East alive. All there is to it.

And as you said, driving 98yds the way we did, was beautiful to watch. That drive was a masterpiece. And we did it unlike Mayfield, which needed two 15yd penalties to move him a third of the way. Also think he had another 5yd mixed in. We did it all on our own. How can you be mad at that? We were supposed ti win and we did. Move onto the Jags on the road.
Dak picked them apart on that drive. Like crap at other times, but that was a nice drive. And, the defense only allowed 3 points in the 2nd half.
I'm not nearly as "wheels are off" as some fans, but some act like we lost. It wasn't nearly that bad. It's football.

I feel like most may have talked things up the week prior. Like it was a sure win. Look at the line!

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Appreciate the positivity, I thought Tank was quite disruptive too.

But 1 bad game doesn't make up a trend it can happen to any team. You just hope it comes in the regular season vs the playoffs.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak picked them apart on that drive. Like crap at other times, but that was a nice drive. And, the defense only allowed 3 points in the 2nd half.
I'm not nearly as "wheels are off" as some fans, but some act like we lost. It wasn't nearly that bad. It's football.

I feel like most may have talked things up the week prior. Like it was a sure win. Look at the line!
The irony is that so many said trap game and the Cowboys will take them lightly. Then when it happened, they complained like they didn't see it coming. :D

Reactions: G2

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:clap:

Qcard

Reaction score
I hate starting new threads (Pretty much cause I don't have much to say) so guys allow me to use this thread as a launching point. People are saying we got out played

That's the narrative of the sports matrix, we got out played? Houston had 327 tot yards Dallas had 404. Houston had 213 pass yards Dallas had 277. Rushing Houston 114 Dallas 127

Houston had 16 1st downs Dallas had 21. My point is did Houston out play Dallas or Did Dallas Gift the 3 very short fields ? On one of the ints in the 4th qtr, gave them the ball on the six yard line all they had to do was punch the ball in

Defensive stand. Even if they would have kicked a field goal , they still would've loss. Take away those three gifts and were talking about Dallas in a yawner.
:clap: