Why Zeke being suspended won't impact the games he misses

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
We have two VERY good back up RBs. Morris and McFadden are more than capable of handling the load while Zeke is out (if he misses at all). McFadden showed he can run in this system in 2015 and Morris can be a great change of pace back to supplement McFadden. While neither of them bring Zeke's explosiveness, or vision, they can still grind out 4-5 yards a carry behind this fantastic O-line.

The Cowboys will be just fine.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We definitely have two good backup RBs. But, they're not Zeke and they're backups for a reason. They might be able to fill in just fine, but to assume they will perform just as well as Zeke is a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, there would be a significant drop off. Especially with Morris. He looked solid and got what was blocked, but brought nothing else. And he looked like he hit a wall later in the season, noticeably slow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At least the OP didn't say it won't change anything because "we are going to lose to NY anyway with or without him".

As far as affecting the game...sure it does. Those guys are not anywhere near what Zeke is.
But Dallas can still win the game

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you are kidding your self if you think zeke being gone wont effect this team on the field they will be hard pressed to win the games he misses if not for him they win about 8 games last season
We would've been 14-2 if we actually played against the Eagles. We were 2 close Giants losses from being undefeated. Playoff loss notwithstanding, it's amazing what energy and attitude change Zeke (and Dak) brought to us last season. I want to see what the future holds. Hopefully Zeke won't miss too much time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We definitely have two good backup RBs. But, they're not Zeke and they're backups for a reason. They might be able to fill in just fine, but to assume they will perform just as well as Zeke is a bit of a stretch.
They aren't Zeke but who is? They are backups because there can be only one starter and that is Zeke. We'll be fine for the few games Zeke misses if he misses any at all. We have bigger fish to fry with this defense being so young and needing to do better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We have two VERY good back up RBs. Morris and McFadden are more than capable of handling the load while Zeke is out (if he misses at all). McFadden showed he can run in this system in 2015 and Morris can be a great change of pace back to supplement McFadden. While neither of them bring Zeke's explosiveness, or vision, they can still grind out 4-5 yards a carry behind this fantastic O-line.

The Cowboys will be just fine.
Teams arent scared of DMC or Morris. Teams are however petrified of Zeke and actually game plan to stop him. Without him in the backfield our entire philosophy goes out the window.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to worry about it until he's actually suspended. I haven't seen anything worth suspending him for yet, anyway.

Unless something more comes of this incident from this weekend, if he does get suspended, I hope Jerry goes on the warpath on this one.

Everson24

Reaction score
If there is a silver lining, and that is a big if, It is another opportunity for Dak to rise to the occasion and take over complete leadership of this team. It may be that there were a few players left on this team that thought Zeke was the sole reason for Dak's success.

A Zeke suspension would allow the coaching staff to design a gameplan that is more pass oriented and although we may lose the game, it should force Dak to read more multiple defenses and also take even more command of the offense. By season's end, this may pay big dividends.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not going to worry about it until he's actually suspended. I haven't seen anything worth suspending him for yet, anyway.

Unless something more comes of this incident from this weekend, if he does get suspended, I hope Jerry goes on the warpath on this one.
Against Zeke or the league?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Neither are a power runner which is what Zeke is. It's not just yards it's imposing your will on the other team. Don't kid yourself. Zeke will be missed.

I think Morris can be but he needs a lot of carries to get revved up and into a groove.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Against Zeke or the league?

Against the league.

Zeke's a chucklehead, and he's going to actually earn some suspensions before he's done if he doesn't get his act together. But letting a player hang over the trumped up DV allegations is an awful precedent. If disproven or dismissed allegations can cost players money, there's suddenly an incentive to make them. Which multiplies the league's exposure, keeps the issue in the news where it gets blended in with all the other cases that include actual DV, makes the player, the team, and the league look bad, and then actually costs the player game checks and the team the use of the player for some portion of a season. It's insane that they keep dragging it out, if you think about it.

And it does tarnish the Cowboys brand, and potentially costs them sponsorships. If I'm Jerry, there's no way I put up with that.

Last edited: