Why Zeke being suspended won't impact the games he misses

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Teams arent scared of DMC or Morris. Teams are however petrified of Zeke and actually game plan to stop him. Without him in the backfield our entire philosophy goes out the window.
I don't think I'd go that far in that assessment, friend !
Pretty sure DMC can still shuck/jive and rip off 15-20 yarders with the best of them.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Pretty sure DMC can still shuck/jive and rip off 15-20 yarders with the best of them.
and he gets way too many 0 yard carries...... no one is close to EE at getting positive yards on even the worst blocked plays

Proof

Reaction score
McFadden and Morris are entirely capable. The line will do its job, and dez, Cole and switz will be difficult to contain. Dak will carry the load. Of course zeke will be missed if he’s not able to play, but we still have a dynamic offense without him. Just not AS dynamic. Hope he’s good to go, but won’t panic if he’s not

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah. No.

Yeah, we have some decent depth at TB.

No, they aren't as good as Elliott, especially when you are playing the Giants and Denver.

Doesn't mean we can't win games without Elliott. But the reality is it becomes tougher without him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, 1 out of 30 carries he breaks those. Zeke gets 2-5 of those a game, and has the speed to take it to the house. DMC has lost a step as evidenced by getting out ran by an OL 2 years ago. Please dont sit there and tell me defenses will play us the same with Zeke out of the picture. Doesnt sound smart at all

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Against the league.

Zeke's a chucklehead, and he's going to actually earn some suspensions before he's done if he doesn't get his act together. But letting a player hang over the trumped up DV allegations is an awful precedent. If disproven or dismissed allegations can cost players money, there's suddenly an incentive to make them. Which multiplies the league's exposure, keeps the issue in the news where it gets blended in with all the other cases that include actual DV, makes the player, the team, and the league look bad, and then actually costs the player game checks and the team the use of the player for some portion of a season. It's insane that they keep dragging it out, if you think about it.

And it does tarnish the Cowboys brand, and potentially costs them sponsorships. If I'm Jerry, there's no way I put up with that.

I agree. DV is such a serious charge. If there's no DV, you can't suspend Zeke because it will be perceived as if he did something wrong.
There are some things you simply can't punish people for without evidence.

Sydla

Reaction score
Idgit,

I caught Moose Johnson on the Philly radio this morning. He talked about Zeke. He somewhat took your position that letting this DV hang over Zeke and the team is a big mistake and not fair. He did not want to wade into the whole Zeke issue though. I don't think he really was buying the argument people are making that "boys will be boys" and this is no big deal. He mentioned though that Zeke has to wise up in this age of social media.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit,

I caught Moose Johnson on the Philly radio this morning. He talked about Zeke. He somewhat took your position that letting this DV hang over Zeke and the team is a big mistake and not fair. He did not want to wade into the whole Zeke issue though. I don't think he really was buying the argument people are making that "boys will be boys" and this is no big deal. He mentioned though that Zeke has to wise up in this age of social media.

Yeah, there's a whole separate question re: Zeke's behavior. The guy really needs to get it together. And, if there's a legit DV issue, he doesn't deserve any cover.

In this one case, at least, though, the league doesn't appear to be doing themselves any favors, right?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a whole separate question re: Zeke's behavior. The guy really needs to get it together. And, if there's a legit DV issue, he doesn't deserve any cover.

In this one case, at least, though, the league doesn't appear to be doing themselves any favors, right?

I really have no clue what the league's thought process is. The cynic in me says that they've been beaten up so badly over how they have handed DV issues in the past, now that they have another star player potentially on the hook, they want to give the impression they are taking this very seriously and being very thorough. I also think they don't give a crap about being slapped in court.

If they suspend Elliott over the DV issue and Elliott, the Cowboys and Jones make this a court battle and the NFL loses, they won't care. They'll just tell their detractors that, "Hey, look, we suspended him but the court told us we couldn't carry through with it."

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke won't get suspended

What scares me is the report that the NFL has required Elliott to respond to official queries and was to do so this week.

It shouldn't have gotten to the point where a year later the NFL is still requesting information from Elliott, especially in light of the fact that actual authorities pressed no charges and in further, had serious reservations that the woman wasn't pulling some sort of scam here.

The fact we are where we are tells me the NFL thinks they have something.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Yeah, 1 out of 30 carries he breaks those. Zeke gets 2-5 of those a game, and has the speed to take it to the house. DMC has lost a step as evidenced by getting out ran by an OL 2 years ago. Please dont sit there and tell me defenses will play us the same with Zeke out of the picture. Doesnt sound smart at all
Wait huh? I couldn't disagree more.

O.k,o.k.o.k,,, I'm a McFadden fan,,alright! I know he doesn't pack the load Zeke does,,, and I was laughing(while posting it) thinking about adding a strong crosswind combined with a defensive player in McFadden's general proximity might be enough to bring him down on an open field run,,,but didn't cuz',,well,I'm a MCFADDEN FAN.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Well, he has a lot more NFL experience. That counts for better vision. Elliott will have a better career and is much more rugged.

Thanks for your less than critical observation, bro!
We've only got one year of watching Zeke do his thing, and based on your above statement of McFadden's veteran status, the 'vision' part only stands to reason, Elliot will pick that up as he progresses, learning NOT to suffer the cumulative effects of head-on hits,granted him handing those type of punishing hits to an opponent's d.b's can really set the tone and definitely cause great apprehension in their secondary, but you got to think about his longevity as a premier running back,,,McFadden sees those and knows,,,not good.
Zeke sees those and thinks ,,,hell yeah.
Vision,,, it's all how you see things.