Why Zeke may have an opportunity for a big day in Foxboro

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
People need to remember that the Patriots have the 10th best rushing defense not because they are not particularly good, but because they are usually so far ahead in points that teams just don't run against them that much. As a few have said, Dak needs to have numerous designed running plays where he keeps the ball and Zeke blocks for him. Dak can hurt the Pats if he runs and keeps drives alive. We all know he can throw but the X factor is when he runs the ball. Hello Kellen, call designed run plays for Dak please,

Also, they need a trick play or two in this one. I like the Philly Special play where the ball is snapped to a sweeping RB who then throws it backside to the QB who has slipped out into the flats. That would work well on the goal line or for a much needed first down. Dallas needs to control the TOP in this one also. If it is a score fest type game, I do not see Dallas winning.

BTW, I noticed Wentz was able to complete some deep passes to Ertz so maybe if Moore can pull his head out of his arse and call some deep plays to Jarwin up the middle, that would work too.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't know.

I believe they are going to double Amari with man-under technique to erase him. Then single up Gilmore on Gallup. Those guys will essentially be muted. We need Cobb, the TEs and RBs to have a big game. The OL needs to be able to handle NE's massive defensive front.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the line doesn't start opening up some holes it's really not going to be tough to shut down the running game. There has been a whole lot of nothing in between the tackles the past couple games. People are crushing Zeke and he hasn't been great at all but damn, some daylight would be nice.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
but I fully expect Garrett to be thoroughly out-coached.
BINGO.... all it takes is a solid week of watching film on them, taking it into account and scheming to expose their weakness...I feel confidant, Zeke will be a hero this game. Just a feeling.

morasp

Reaction score
On defense I would like to see Jourdan Lewis shadow Julian Edelman.
I should have included this the first time but did anyone else see Danny Amendola hit Lewis helmet first after the play was over. Lewis is known for trash talking and I got the impression he got in Amendola's head.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He'll still take Zeke away first. That's still the book on Dallas.

But with Belichick, he'll go in and out of different game plans. He'll mix a lot of coverages. He'll disguise all types of things.

If Dak plays really well this week, I'll get excited. However, if he doesn't, then look out. It could get ugly from here.

Look at the Rams since Belichick showed the league how to play McVay and Goff. Ain't pretty.
Yea if we somehow win this the homers will be saying we’re SB bound again. Lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When Bill Belechick sits down with his coaches this week to game plan stopping the Cowboys, I believe their first concern will be stopping Dak Prescott.
I don’t know if the Cowboys will be able to run on the pats. But I look for Belechick to place a huge emphasis on his D stopping number 4. Hopefully the running game can answer the call.

I'd expect Belichick to do the sensible thing and try to stop Dak. If teams have been keying to stop Zeke, they just haven't been paying attention to our team this year.

Mix up coverages. Dak's weakness is not seeing the coverage the receiver is moving into. Focus on where the receiver is, not where he is going, and what other defenders might be going there too.

Double Cooper, but put your best guy on Gallup so you can stop both.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
They’re going to shut Amari down. Pizza Boy better convince Garrett-top to pull his Basketball Buddy out and get Jarwin in there. Going to need TEs to be a have a big impact Sunday. TEs and pounding Zeke up the Pats wazzoo.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Yea if we somehow win this the homers will be saying we’re SB bound again. Lol
If they beat NE, they will be SB bound. Why not? Pats are the best team in football. I think Baltimore might be the best at the moment but if the Pats played them again in the championship, I would not bet against them.

EJK24

Reaction score
That defense has been historically good this year. Only the Ravens have cracked it.

I'm expecting complete domination on that side of the ball.

I dont know that the Ravens showed much of anything in terms of offensively how to move the ball. Ingram did have a big day but I believe part of that is the effort teams have to spend to contain Jackson.

Even If you scheme for him, Jacksons speed and ability to make guys miss is really tough to stop. You cant coach against some of the things hes done and that is opening lanes elsewhere for guys to take advantage.

I dont think any other team in the league has the personnel on both sides of the ball to win the way Baltimore did.

Patriots can be beat but we are gonna have to do it in a more conventional way because the likelyhood of Belichick allowing 200 yards rushing against his defense again seems really unlikely.

Jackson threw for under 200 yards that game If I'm not mistaken. Our run game has been a real disappointment but I hope we can find some of it this weekend to give us a shot.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He'll still take Zeke away first. That's still the book on Dallas.

But with Belichick, he'll go in and out of different game plans. He'll mix a lot of coverages. He'll disguise all types of things.

If Dak plays really well this week, I'll get excited. However, if he doesn't, then look out. It could get ugly from here.

Look at the Rams since Belichick showed the league how to play McVay and Goff. Ain't pretty.
Goff had been bad for over a month by the time the Super Bowl rolled around.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they beat NE, they will be SB bound. Why not? Pats are the best team in football. I think Baltimore might be the best at the moment but if the Pats played them again in the championship, I would not bet against them.
I wonder if Miami thought they were SB bound after beating Patriots last year ?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I wonder if Miami thought they were SB bound after beating Patriots last year ?
Different animal. Miami was a bad team who apparently played the Pats who took them for granted. And it took a miracle of a play to beat them. The Pats will not be taking Dallas for granted. So if Dallas beats them in Foxboro it will be deserved.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Different animal. Miami was a bad team who apparently played the Pats who took them for granted. And it took a miracle of a play to beat them. The Pats will not be taking Dallas for granted. So if Dallas beats them in Foxboro it will be deserved.
How about when the Lions or Jags Beat the Patriots last year?

Beaker42

Reaction score
When Bill Belechick sits down with his coaches this week to game plan stopping the Cowboys, I believe their first concern will be stopping Dak Prescott.

For 4 years now, most opposing defensive coordinators have adopted the strategy, “Take Zeke away and make Dak beat us.” Well after 10 games this year, Dak Prescott has proven to be this team’s MVP and the reason they are still competing for the playoffs. Dak has almost buried the idea that the key to beating the Cowboys is to take away the running game with his strong performance this year.

In fact Dak joined the record book owned only by Joe Montana and Peyton Manning this week with his 4th passing game of 375 yds and at least 2 TDs in the same season. (Montana had 4, Peyton had 6) Dak is this offense’s number one weapon.

I don’t know if the Cowboys will be able to run on the pats. But I look for Belechick to place a huge emphasis on his D stopping number 4. Hopefully the running game can answer the call.
A D can’t take away both but I absolutely guarantee if a team can do it, it will be against the Cowboys.