Wild wild question

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok the Patrick Peterson saga is crazy. He wants out plain and simple. Wild that he go popped for PEDs.

He has this yr at 11m and next yr at 12m.
Wont be back for 6 games.
That would be Packers for us.

So my though is this....
Could we trade L. Collins and Tyron Crawford plus lets say a 3rd round pick....

For Patrick Peterson and a 4th.
Redo his contract.
Lets say 2019 for 7m
2020 for 10m
2021 for 10m
2022 for 10m
And
Team Option for
2023 15m

Signing bonus for 6m
Guaranteed money for 30m total.

Would you do it?

giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
If you think CB is a problem on this team, I think you need to go back to school and learn to evaluate better!!!!

Seriously, why do fans always scream for more CB's? It's like they can't even see any other positions on the team, and always want more, even if we're strong there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok the Patrick Peterson saga is crazy. He wants out plain and simple. Wild that he go popped for PEDs.

So my though is this....

Redo his contract.
Lets say 2019 for 7m
2020 for 10m
2021 for 10m
2022 for 10m
And
Team Option for
2023 15m

Signing bonus for 6m

Would you do it?

No, but I might consider trading Jones, straight up. Keep Peterson for the two years he's under contract and either Tag him after that or trade him. I might do that.

Rayman70

Reaction score

So my though is this....

Redo his contract.
Lets say 2019 for 7m
2020 for 10m
2021 for 10m
2022 for 10m
And
Team Option for
2023 15m

Signing bonus for 6m

Would you do it?
lmao...PASS. Too much to give up for a guy that's already suspended 6 games. We would be giving up 2 quality starters PLUS A 3RD?!!!! LMAO...Heck no.

Rayman70

Reaction score
agree...lets see if we can trade Garrett then throw in Taco and a 7th.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Why would Arizona do that deal? They literally JUST traded for the Steelers right tackle, Marcus Gilbert. Collins would likely be his backup. Cardinals also play a 3-4, where Tyrone Crawford would have to be a DE and likely not a great fit. Arizona already has perennial pro bowler Chandler Jones and free agent acquisition Darius Philon at DE. Tyrone would be a rotational player at best, which would be insane at that contract number he has. So Arizona would be trading an All-Pro caliber CB, the best/most recognizable player on the team this side of Fitz... for a swap of 3rd and 4th rounders.

Why would Patrick Peterson do that deal? Even with the suspension, he’s set to make about 19 million over the next two years. Which means at the end of this season he’s due for a monster 15+m$ a year extension. And you’re offering him... 10 a year? Why would he take such a massive pay cut? Never has a top 5 cornerback refused to take even top 10 money. That’s just bizarre.

Why would Dallas do that deal? Collins is a starter with no current heir apparent. Crawford is a Starter at a position you desperately need quality depth at. Plus, you already have Byron Jones at CB, whom you could just pay for less. So that’s 3 starters you’d lose just to slightly upgrade your CB1. Or maybe you were never going to pay Byron and it’s Zeke’s money you’re giving Peterson. Now you’re losing Ezekiel Elliot, Byron Jones, a starting DT, and a RT whom you have no starting caliber replacements at the moment plus a 3rd round pick.... and this makes you a better team? But you’re getting a 4th back. Oh okay, that makes everything worth it.

Who does this trade benefit, exactly?