Will any Cowboys player sit for the anthem week 1?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Look for it; if Colin Kaepernick isn't on an NFL team roster by opening day, even as a backup, their Will be NFL players who will demonstrate their solidarity, possibly even kneeling during the anthem, daring owners to do something.

This won't be about players agreeing with Kaepernick about the country and injustice or about disrespecting the flag, and they will say that. This will be about anger that the NFL owners are blackballing a member of the NFL brotherhood. There are 100 QBs in camp, including our own noodle arm Moore, whose ugly velocity was on display last night. Say what you will about the guy; there are not 50 QBs better than Kaepernick. Now we see injuries starting to threaten teams' seasons.

Even the players who hate what he did will support Kaepernick's right to work and have another chance. I hope he gets signed in the coming weeks so this can go away, but if not, look out.

Pants

Reaction score
and Kaepernick sucks as a QB IMO....NOOOOOO thank you just because of his nonsense, but a double NO because I don't like his QB play

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Jerry has already said that if any one of his players sit, they will find their way off the team......so, that would be a no.

Actually that's what you call FAKE NEWS...Jerry did not say that at all, that was from some blog post by someone which stated, IF I were Jerry Jones that made it's way to the media as fact when it isn't!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually that's what you call FAKE NEWS...Jerry did not say that at all, that was from some blog post by someone which stated, IF I were Jerry Jones that made it's way to the media as fact when it isn't!

Sure sounded like a direct quote from him, will dig into it :cool:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Look for it; if Colin Kaepernick isn't on an NFL team roster by opening day, even as a backup, their Will be NFL players who will demonstrate their solidarity, possibly even kneeling during the anthem, daring owners to do something.

This won't be about players agreeing with Kaepernick about the country and injustice or about disrespecting the flag, and they will say that. This will be about anger that the NFL owners are blackballing a member of the NFL brotherhood. There are 100 QBs in camp, including our own noodle arm Moore, whose ugly velocity was on display last night. Say what you will about the guy; there are not 50 QBs better than Kaepernick. Now we see injuries starting to threaten teams' seasons.

Even the players who hate what he did will support Kaepernick's right to work and have another chance. I hope he gets signed in the coming weeks so this can go away, but if not, look out.

It won't happen.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

I agree with Tony Dungy's take. If a team needs him as a QB1 and thinks he can help them in the offensive system they run he will get a job. But they aren't inclined to deal with the distraction the media would make of it as a backup. I also doubt he would sign for backup money teams would be willing to pay, but I could be wrong about that.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
An autobiography by Kap could be titled "How a borderline NFL QB can rid himself of an NFL job" in one easy move.

QB's are judged also for their decision making abilities, giving up 12-14 M for this season is proving to be a bad decision on his part.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
An autobiography by Kap could be titled "How a borderline NFL QB can rid himself of an NFL job" in one easy move.

QB's are judged also for their decision making abilities, giving up 12-14 M for this season is proving to be a bad decision on his part.

I think everyone assumes that it is but we're not Colin. (Well I am, but I spell it with two Ls lol)

I think several years from now when there's an ESPN 30 for 30 or things change in the country, people will look back and he'll be lionized like Muhammad Ali.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Oh and yes - for the love of God if Kaepernick was willing to back up Dak quietly, I'd want him yesterday. Kellen Moore is hot garbage.

rynochop

Reaction score
I have no idea what he could have been thinking when he made that decision.

As far as him not getting a job, there were pics of him last season where he had the biceps of a 12 year old girl..maybe the dude just isn't in shape.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
i don't think any cowboys will do it but i could see some players doing it. For him to not have even been brought in for a workout anywhere is crazy. Its getting ridiculous to where you have to ask for fan approval and pray on the decision to sign a backup. Its starting to reek of collusion/black-balling but the season hasn't started yet and theres still a chance he gets brought in somewhere so we'll see.