Will Backyard Bill play Romo ?

brucem78

Benched
Reaction score
maxsports said:
Romo will not help us win more than 6 games. Throwing well in the pre-season does not equate to the regular season. Putiing in Romo now is just an overreaction. The loss is not all on Bledsoe. There were many culprits!!!

This is a good example. Carolina had everything in place that year but QB. Delhomme came in in relief of Peete and the team took off after that.

I see no reason we have to put a 6 game win limit on Romo. Roethlisberger won 15 games as a rookie(incl. playoffs) and the Chargers appear primed to win with an inexperienced Rivers at QB. Who would have thought that Brady would take his team to the Super Bowl in his first year.

I've been saying this all along: If your veteran QB plays like a rookie much of the time you may as well have your future QB making those mistakes.

Bledsoe is what he is, He is not going to turn into Tom Brady any time soon and I feel we are limited in how far we can go with him at QB.If he can only plays good against weak defenses how far can we go in the playoffs anyway?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
If the 2004 season is any indication as to what "Backyard Bill" ( I like that :D ) will do as far as making a QB change......then forget it. Remember this quote "He gives us the best chance to win". Some of us have a very short memory.....we saw good old Vinny Testaverde up to the very end.

Barring an injury we will see Drew as long as Bill thinks he gives us the "Best chance to win".

Do I agree? Well maybe, to a point in time when it becomes obvious that our HOF QB is not performing to the level a seasoned veteran should.. That's when you make the change and only then.

Two or three games like Sunday....give him the hook.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
BP said Drew will start Sunday.
He also said the line played decent, seen some encouraging things. Said the Jags did not get as much pressure as it seemed. They still need work, but did ok.

I guess Big Bill doesn't think the Cowboys should have won that game, regardless. Of course, he might be pulling the media's (and ours) leg while he is raining hell on his lineman behind the closed doors of the locker room.

Stautner

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
If the 2004 season is any indication as to what "Backyard Bill" ( I like that :D ) will do as far as making a QB change......then forget it. Remember this quote "He gives us the best chance to win". Some of us have a very short memory.....we saw good old Vinny Testaverde up to the very end.

Barring an injury we will see Drew as long as Bill thinks he gives us the "Best chance to win".

Do I agree? Well maybe, to a point in time when it becomes obvious that our HOF QB is not performing to the level a seasoned veteran should.. That's when you make the change and only then.

Two or three games like Sunday....give him the hook.

This is a very good post, although I disagree a little with the Vinny analogy. Yes, Vinny played to the very end because Bill thought he gave us the "best chance to win", but Vinny didn't have a backup behind him that had shown any promise at all (I know Romo was there, but Romo's stock has risen considerably since then). Besides, have you forgotten that Bill actually did start Henson one game, but I think that was more at the insistence of Jerry than anything.

Nevertheless, your point is completely accurate, and I agree that Parcell's mind about who gives us the best chance to win may well change if we see one or two more performances by Bledsoe like the one on Sunday.