Will Cooper demand $22 million or more long term?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Of course Coop will demand 22 or more .

He already learned that from the Zeke negotiations ... The jones bend the knee .

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will he be like Zeke and demand to be the top paid by AAV and guarantees or at least match Julio Jones' contract?

Something like 6 year extension / 132 million with close to $100M guarantees?
We already know Cooper isn't wanting that much.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Cooper ain’t worth 22 I don’t think he is a top 5 WR I think 18 is a good number but I bet he gets more cause he has the Jones over a barrel. They gave up a 1st for him if he walks they look stupid. Should of done a deal with the trade got a better deal and not be backed in a corner.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Coop quite smartly refused to negotiate until other deals happened. He knows he's not gonna be #1 but each new top deal moves the needle on his.

Give him 5 for 100 and 60 mill guaranteed. He's absolutely the no drama guy you want around
We'll see how smart it is because he waited so long he might not sign him tell next year eather way i hop it gets done.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cooper is a decent guy and a reasonable one, by nature. I think he'll be one who isn't prone to get overly demanding, although, a franchise tag is always possible if things ultimately get difficult. $22 mil w/b excessive! Maybe it'll end up as another back-loaded contract, like Zeke's? We'll see.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cooper had one good season with the Raiders and half a good season with Dallas. Plus he led the league in drops the season before he came to Dallas. There is no way he should be getting anywhere near 20 mil a season. He had 40 yds against the Rams. It was Gallup who had over a 100 yds against the Rams. Cooper played good but Dallas is going to need to see him do it again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cooper had one good season with the Raiders and half a good season with Dallas. Plus he led the league in drops the season before he came to Dallas. There is no way he should be getting anywhere near 20 mil a season. He had 40 yds against the Rams. It was Gallup who had over a 100 yds against the Rams. Cooper played good but Dallas is going to need to see him do it again.
that horse has left the barn. Its going to happen. I get what your sayin, it is what it is.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Zeke showed the country that the jones' fold .

they will be paying a heck of a lot more for coop.

DanA

Reaction score
Hopkins - 1572 yards, 11 TD's
Evans - 1524 yards, 8 TD's

To me, Amari Cooper projects to be about a 1500 yard, 10 TD wide receiver and the going rate is about 17m with 55m guaranteed. I think it's a stretch to say he's significantly better than these guys (Hopkins & Evans) and they both got contracts recently. IMO Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill & Odell Beckham Jnr when fit are a different caliber of player.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke showed the country that the jones' fold .

they will be paying a heck of a lot more for coop.
ah..not so fast. Fold? OR SOLD? My take is, The Jones' were always gonna pay him. They sold the idea that we didn't need Zeke....all as a ploy...to make him sweat a little, making him come to the table, fly to Dallas last minute, and sign a CAP FRIENDLY DEAL. Look at the years. We got exactly what we wanted. In fact, we gained cap space. CBS sports has a nice article on this. Not only does Zeke give the appearance he "won" by the final numbers, but so does JJ....when you peel back the layers of the onion, we saved money against the cap. Its a win win..optically for team Zeke...but literally for the team in the fo. Now we can sign everyone if we so choose.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
ah..not so fast. Fold? OR SOLD? My take is, The Jones' were always gonna pay him. They sold the idea that we didn't need Zeke....all as a ploy...to make him sweat a little, making him come to the table, fly to Dallas last minute, and sign a CAP FRIENDLY DEAL. Look at the years. We got exactly what we wanted. In fact, we gained cap space. CBS sports has a nice article on this. Not only does Zeke give the appearance he "won" by the final numbers, but so does JJ....when you peel back the layers of the onion, we saved money against the cap. Its a win win..optically for team Zeke...but literally for the team in the fo. Now we can sign everyone if we so choose.

This, they knew they needed Zeke like we all did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This, they knew they needed Zeke like we all did.
we all got sucked in more or less lol..it was well played. I see why they did this now. Had they caved immediately, they may not have gotten the years we wanted. Me thinks Zeke was getting a tad anxious the closer the season got. Truth be told, so was the fo.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Will he be like Zeke and demand to be the top paid by AAV and guarantees or at least match Julio Jones' contract?

Something like 6 year extension / 132 million with close to $100M guarantees?

This is crazy money.
he will be laughed out of the STar if he thinks hes next man up..hes nowhere close to JJ and the WR postion is NOT the QB postion where all teams overpay the next starter.. WR you get paid where you actually fall in comps to other players in your TIER..

18 MAX thats it.. let him test the market at season end with a FT but allow him to seek trades etc to see where he fits ..

no hurry really Gallup is developing with some young guys and if need be draft aWR or TE in the first round next draft.. I like Amari and hes a #1 but second tier ie out of top 5 but really hes 5-10 ..where do those salary's fall?

OI mean Tyreke took 18 didnt he, maybe hes better or similar? no way Aamris better then that..AB maybe a head case but hes way better production and player and took 15..therwes was another WR that just took 17... hes not thomas nor JJ and is in the next tier below..

reality's.. wake up..Zeke was top 1-3 and felt he was the best and he has the stats and trophys to prove it.. again hes not a QB and wont be able to use JJ as leverage..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Won’t get 22. Maybe 18. Which is likely what’s been offered. If he wants 22 it won’t be from us.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Coop quite smartly refused to negotiate until other deals happened. He knows he's not gonna be #1 but each new top deal moves the needle on his.

Give him 5 for 100 and 60 mill guaranteed. He's absolutely the no drama guy you want around
He does NOT produce like a 20 WR..that way high..sorry if we were going to pay that I would have rather had OBJ or Brown if we are talking pay for production..he simply hasn't even come close to a top 5 wr in production his entire career..dont be couded by QB numbers or a guy ike Zeke who clearly was worth what he got..

17-18 thats IT!!!!!!!!