Video: Will Cowboys Fans React Like This Next Time We Reach The Super Bowl?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hard to say how I will act. Last time I got to witness a Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl, or a playoff run for that matter, I was in high school. A young 16 year kid with his whole life ahead of him, feeling like he was witnessing the birth of the next great dynasty. Fast forward to today, and yeah, I don't need to explain it to you. I'm now 43 and have never got to experience Dallas success as an adult. Would have never guessed.

So, yeah, who knows, I may tear up. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
86 year old Bengals fan cried when they reached the Super Bowl for the first time in 34 years. Cowboys might challenge that streak yet. Will we all get to be 86 before it happens again? Lol.

That is a real, heartwarming story. Thanks for posting. :clap:
Will Cowboys Fans React Like This Next Time We Reach The Super Bowl?
I was 28 when Dallas beat San Francisco to reach Super Bowl XXVII. It was a long time after Super Bowl XIII. So many Saints fans and even the few non-Saints fans who knew me or saw me constantly said Dallas would never see another Super Bowl again. So many freaking years.

Then it happened.

I bawled like a newborn baby. Ran up and down the street several times screaming at the top of my lungs, "HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!" Still surprised to this day no one called the cops on me for disturbing the peace.

Don't know how I will react if I am blessed to see it happen again. Maybe I will be doing wheelies up-and-down the nursing home hallways. Perhaps I will have a heart attack. Who knows? The emotion will be worth it.

Heck. I have told my children since they WERE children that my tombstone should read True Cowboys Fan, so they will understand why I passed away with a smile. My wife will be pissed at me though. She's a Broncos fan. :rolleyes:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I am going to make a video of me crying and celebrating for my Great Great Great grandkids to play after the Cowboys next SB win.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm 30, they better win it before I'm in my 80s. I want to go to the parade and enjoy, get drunk and maybe get a couple of flings. Nah I'm taking bout?
Jerry is saying the same thing, just adjust the numbers.

Don't worry.....he knows how to get us there better than anyone. Just ask him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would hope that I wouldn't cry like that and that my kids wouldn't make a video of me and further embarrass me by begging for money for me to go to an event only for the corporate and rich people. C'mon, the old guy is a Bengals fan, he's used to it. Just like we are.

But this gives me an idea. If I do fall on hard times and have to resort to well liquor, I want my sons to make a video of me weeping into my whiskey with remembrance of what a top shelf fellow I used to be. "C'mon y'all, give what you can so he can have his Pappy Van Winkle before he becomes one. Give the old gray codger some Grey Goose. Take him back to the top shelf before we have to lower him into the ground".

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I would hope that I wouldn't cry like that and that my kids wouldn't make a video of me and further embarrass me by begging for money for me to go to an event only for the corporate and rich people. C'mon, the old guy is a Bengals fan, he's used to it. Just like we are.

But this gives me an idea. If I do fall on hard times and have to resort to well liquor, I want my sons to make a video of me weeping into my whiskey with remembrance of what a top shelf fellow I used to be. "C'mon y'all, give what you can so he can have his Pappy Van Winkle before he becomes one. Give the old gray codger some Grey Goose. Take him back to the top shelf before we have to lower him into the ground".
Closest I have been to top shelf was Wellers and Buffalo Trace

Motorola

Reaction score
86 year old Bengals fan cried when they reached the Super Bowl for the first time in 34 years. Cowboys might challenge that streak yet. Will we all get to be 86 before it happens again? Lol.

Bengals' first season was in 1968 (the last AFL Franchise)..so his fandom probably started in his early 30's.
Cincinnati's two Super Bowl appearances - happened once each in his early 40's and early 50's.

I was 2 months past my 38th Bday when the Cowboys made it to their 5th Super Bowl.
I just might have the same reaction one year from now :eek::oops::p:D

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

Big_D

Reaction score
Only the 20 something’s can answer this. They might have some hope in the next 60 years or so.

CWR

Reaction score
Not a doubt in my mind I'd cry man tears.

This is a great story. It's just a game, but 34 years worth of Sundays equals quite a bit more.

I feel terrible for our younger fans who haven't had the opportunity. All of yall deserve better. Hold the line.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
look, my football team haven't won the Scottish League since the 1950s which is 10+ years before I was born. I've conditioned myself to expect heartache and it's an easy place to reside.

When the NFL was first broadcast in the UK in the mid 1980s, I picked the Cowboys based purely on my childhood watching TV, specifically the opening credits of a certain well known TV show with a helicopter fly-over of the stadium.......you know the one!

I thought I'd brought my jinx along as the once mighty Cowboys fell away only to see the 49ers et al dominate the scene only no...............the early 90s and the dynasty - my jinx removed, I'm a good fan to have after all..............or so I thought.

I'm come to realise even a broken clock is right twice a day and I am destined to be that sad old git who thinks maybe next year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Unfortunately most of us have probably seen the best days we are going to see.

At some point over the next 50 years we will may luck into a Joe Burrow/Troy Aikman situation and be ok, just by law of averages.

Who knows if we are still alive when that happens.

That's how much confidence I have in our leader that people cheer for in masses.

Still can't believe there are people that are pathetic enough to do something like that.