Will Cowboys re-sign vet CB Gilmore?

quickccc

Reaction score
With all of the quickly moving parts in FA, it seems to be very quiet on the CB Stephon Gilmore FA front ?

I believe Gilmore has hinted that he'd like to return to Dallas.
I would wonder if Stephen and the Cowboys are equally interested in bringing Gilmore back into fold in '24.

Frankly i would have to have Gilmore returning here. It's a given that it'd have to be Price is Right.
After a solid '23 season, i think he'd give us terrific flexibility as either a starter outside, or if Zim is prefers Bland outside, the vet Gilmore
could also fill in as the 3rd CB.

Plus he's terrific insurance in case Diggs is slow to recover from ACL injury.
Should we re-sign vet Gilmore. .. FA Jourdan Lewis will Not be re-signed, imo.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Makes a lof sense to bring him back as CB3. Need depth that can play and I don't have a lot of confidence with what's currently on the roster. Bringing him back or Patrick Peterson provides more draft flexibility on day 1 and 2 to address other areas.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It makes sense to bring him back if he didn't price himself out of town. CB depth is shaky and he did really well filling in for Diggs. He, Diggs, and Bland would be as strong a it gets at corner in the modern NFL.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to see him back. Good veteran presence and still has a little left in the tank IMO.

FaSho

Reaction score
Would love to have him back, but I'd also be happy to see Jourdan Lewis re-signed as well.

bigE79

Reaction score
With all of the quickly moving parts in FA, it seems to be very quiet on the CB Stephon Gilmore FA front ?

I believe Gilmore has hinted that he'd like to return to Dallas.
I would wonder if Stephen and the Cowboys are equally interested in bringing Gilmore back into fold in '24.

Frankly i would have to have Gilmore returning here. It's a given that it'd have to be Price is Right.
After a solid '23 season, i think he'd give us terrific flexibility as either a starter outside, or if Zim is prefers Bland outside, the vet Gilmore
could also fill in as the 3rd CB.

Plus he's terrific insurance in case Diggs is slow to recover from ACL injury.
Should we re-sign vet Gilmore. .. FA Jourdan Lewis will Not be re-signed, imo.
Bring back GILLY and Lewis...this defense needs all the help it can get or keep.

ICP

Reaction score
DB has been one of the slower moving positions in Free Agency, I would have no problem with him coming back but would also like if they got someone younger

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I hope they do.....he may have lost a step but his play is still high level and his toughness and leadership is what this team needs

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd just as soon see a promising CB come from the draft as an aging CB.

There are sure to be some good CBs out there who might play for years.

khiladi

Reaction score
Most players say they would like to be back, especially when still on contract. And they haven’t made any moves this off-season and his perception may have changed if he actually did want to be back. That being said, if it is true, Gilmore is a beast. If you can sign him, sign him.