Will Dallas Cowboys TE Jake Ferguson make All Pro in 2024?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys offense should be more diversified this year. Lamb and Ferg likely won't see the number of targets they saw last year. So neither one will put up the kind of numbers like they did last year. For that reason I'll say Ferg won't make ALL-PRO this year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Probably.

Everybody makes the Pro Bowl these days with all the drop outs.

I’m sure 3 or 4 TEs will drop out and Fergie will slide into their spot.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Probably.

Everybody makes the Pro Bowl these days with all the drop outs.

I’m sure 3 or 4 TEs will drop out and Fergie will slide into their spot.
You're thinking about being selected to the Pro Bowl. Being nominated an All Pro is different. You don't get a chance to drop out and not accept it.

John813

Reaction score
I highly doubt it.

There's an established list of great T.E.s already.

Kelce, Andrews, Kittle are the top 3
Then you got LaPorta, Hockenson in the next level.

IMO if Ferguson can improve from last year he can join the conversation and possibly be considered in 2025+

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He would probably have to lead all TEs catches and receiving yards and even that may not be enough. But the good news is he already playing at a high level ( 71 catches, 761 yards, 5 TDs ) and as he put it, he's just scratching the surface. In other words, I expect even better numbers this season ALL-PRO or no ALL-PRO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys offense should be more diversified this year. Lamb and Ferg likely won't see the number of targets they saw last year. So neither one will put up the kind of numbers like they did last year. For that reason I'll say Ferg won't make ALL-PRO this year.
Can’t say I agree with that. We don’t have much behind CeeDee at WR and our RB situation is a big question mark. CeeDee won’t be on the field if he doesn’t receive a new contract and you can bet with the kind of money he’s going to get paid, he’ll be receiving a lot of targets like he has been. They’re not about to pay him all that money and reduce his targets. Ferguson continues to get better and barring injury, his targets we’ll likely increase this season. It’s not like we’re going to back away from him. Dak has gained a lot of confidence in him.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Can’t say I agree with that. We don’t have much behind CeeDee at WR and our RB situation is a big question mark. CeeDee won’t be on the field if he doesn’t receive a new contract and you can bet with the kind of money he’s going to get paid, he’ll be receiving a lot of targets like he has been. They’re not about to pay him all that money and reduce his targets. Ferguson continues to get better and barring injury, his targets we’ll likely increase this season. It’s not like we’re going to back away from him. Dak has gained a lot of confidence in him.
This is exactly how I see it. It's also why I believe that it's possible for CeeDee to have an even better season than last year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Agreed. It’s a matter of opportunity. There’s just no world (barring injury) where we pay Lamb a record-setting extension and then make Fergy the receiving focal point ala Witten.

plymkr

Reaction score
What say you?
I say yes. I think Ferguson is going to take a huge step forward next year. I think he’ll be known as one of the best TEs in the NFC. And if he dates a famous singer he’ll be known as the best in the NFL. Lol, but seriously I see him as being one of the best in the NFC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is exactly how I see it. It's also why I believe that it's possible for CeeDee to have an even better season than last year.
It’s going to be difficult for CeeDee to improve on last season. One thing that helped him was not missing a game all season. To play a full 17 games in back-to-back seasons won’t be easy. He set a franchise record for yards and catches last season and that’s going to be very difficult to duplicate again. Barring injury, I still see him being very productive this season, but I don’t see him having as good a season in 2024. Another reason is on paper the team doesn’t look as good as last season. If we can’t run the ball consistently defenses are going to pin their ears back and come after Dak. With the new additions on the OL that could create a real problem if they get off to a slow start. There’s bound to be some growing pains up front.

Last edited:

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I hope he does because I loaded up on a bunch of his rookie auto cards lol. If he has a huge year anyways (even if not all-pro) they should at least 3-4x in value. But all things point to him having a break out year, especially with no real #2 WR yet. Hopefully one of the Jalens steps up (Brooks, or Tolbert).

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'd say no simply because of how many really good TEs there are in the league right now. With LaPorta, Kittle, McBride, and Pitts in the NFC it'll be a tough competition to get a pro bowl bid.
I would say no because we will throw 200 passes to CD.