Will Dallas Cowboys TE Jake Ferguson make All Pro in 2024?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Has a decent shot if
  • Ceedee doesn’t hold out
  • our new offensive line can protect
  • our new running game can avoid being shut down every down again this year

Chasing6

Reaction score
Has a decent shot if
  • Ceedee doesn’t hold out
  • our new offensive line can protect
  • our new running game can avoid being shut down every down again this year
He has a better chance if CD does hold out. He would get way more targets.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He has a better chance if CD does hold out. He would get way more targets.
I did consider that but I think the offense will probably collapse if CeeDee goes out. The only true playmaker. Be easy to shut us down if Fergy is #1 threat.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I did consider that but I think the offense will probably collapse if CeeDee goes out. The only true playmaker. Be easy to shut us down if Fergy is #1 threat.
Legit TE's are hard to slow down. Just look at Witten stats and his mobility toward the end of his career

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys offense should be more diversified this year. Lamb and Ferg likely won't see the number of targets they saw last year. So neither one will put up the kind of numbers like they did last year. For that reason I'll say Ferg won't make ALL-PRO this year.
So you’re expecting one of the RB’s to carry the load?

IMG-0472.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. It’s a matter of opportunity. There’s just no world (barring injury) where we pay Lamb a record-setting extension and then make Fergy the receiving focal point ala Witten.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You don’t have to have WR1 receptions as a TE to make All Pro. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's really gotten off to a good start -- I'd be somewhat surprised if he doesn't.:thumbup:

If Dak throws to him as much as Romo threw to Witten, it's quite possibly in the bag!

Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself, by assuming Dak will be our QB this season.

Thomas82

Reaction score
It’s going to be difficult for CeeDee to improve on last season. One thing that helped him was not missing a game all season. To play a full 17 games in back-to-back seasons won’t be easy. He set a franchise record for yards and catches last season and that’s going to be very difficult to duplicate again. Barring injury, I still see him being very productive this season, but I don’t see him having as good a season in 2024. Another reason is on paper the team doesn’t look as good as last season. If we can’t run the ball consistently defenses are going to pin their ears back and come after Dak. With the new additions on the OL that could create a real problem if they get off to a slow start. There’s bound to be some growing pains up front.
It definitely won't be easy for him to play all 17 games again, but I still won't rule out CeeDee topping his 2023 numbers if he gets the targets. I'm not predicting it, but it wouldn't shock me to at least see him become the 2nd receiver (in back-to-back years) in NFL history with consecutive 1,700-yard seasons.

I said before last season that CeeDee could have at least 120 catches and 1,600 or 1,700 yards and got a lot of pushback for it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t say I agree with that. We don’t have much behind CeeDee at WR and our RB situation is a big question mark. CeeDee won’t be on the field if he doesn’t receive a new contract and you can bet with the kind of money he’s going to get paid, he’ll be receiving a lot of targets like he has been. They’re not about to pay him all that money and reduce his targets. Ferguson continues to get better and barring injury, his targets we’ll likely increase this season. It’s not like we’re going to back away from him. Dak has gained a lot of confidence in him.
Not much behind CeeDee like Cooks, Tolbert, Brooks, Turpin........

Ferg will get challenged for TE targets From Schoon and possibly Fant, Spann-Ford and/or Stephens. Not to mention all those RB's.

So there is no way Ferg (761 yards last year) will get enough targets to become ALL-PRO this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not much behind CeeDee like Cooks, Tolbert, Brooks, Turpin........

Ferg will get challenged for TE targets From Schoon and possibly Fant, Spann-Ford and/or Stephens. Not to mention all those RB's.

So there is no way Ferg (761 yards last year) will get enough targets to become ALL-PRO this year.
It took Cooks half the season before he started to make an impact. It was pretty much Dak to CeeDee all season. We all commented that if we lose CeeDee to injury, we’re going to be screwed. Even against the Packers in the playoffs CeeDee was our top receiver with nine catches for 110 yards. Cooks only came up with six catches for 47 yards. Michael Gallup, who we released and just retired was more productive in that game than Cooks. He was our second leading receiver with over 100 yards. Cooks is a pretty good receiver, but the rest of them are JAGs. You mentioned Tolbert, he didn’t have a single catch against the Packers. He didn’t do much the entire season. Brooks hardly did anything. We utilized Turpin some in the passing game but no way at his size is he going to be a go to guy who’s going to take targets away from CeeDee.

You know I’m telling it straight that the Joneses aren’t going to pay CeeDee 30+ million dollars per if they had any plans on reducing his targets. If they’re thinking was to spread the ball around more, they wouldn’t be looking to extend him. As for Ferguson, he’s becoming a security blanket for Dak. I see his targets and production going up this season, barring injury. I’m not saying Schoonmaker won’t catch a few more passes and that we won’t utilize the RBs in the passing game. Deuce was hanging out with the wide receivers during OTA’s so they have plans for him in the passing game if he makes the team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said Lamb and Ferguson won’t get the same amount of receptions last year. That only leads to the conclusion they’re going to run the ball more.
The only conclusion??? More like a huge reach. How about that conclusion I mentioned - other receivers will get more targets. I even mentioned the names!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only conclusion??? More like a huge reach. How about that conclusion I mentioned - other receivers will get more targets. I even mentioned the names!
This is you post. Where in the hell do you mention other WR’s who will take receptions away from Lamb and Ferguson?

The Cowboys offense should be more diversified this year. Lamb and Ferg likely won't see the number of targets they saw last year. So neither one will put up the kind of numbers like they did last year. For that reason I'll say Ferg won't make ALL-PRO this year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fergie is a solid TE but the competition at TE in the NFC is stout. He can have a great year without being selected as an all-pro or pro-bowler.

CWR

Reaction score
All-Pro's a stretch with Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, and LaPorta all running around. But Fergy's a player.
Hes likely going to have to beat out either Kittle or LaPorta, plus maybe Pitts. It's doable though, Kittle is great but has been known to get dinged up. LaPorta will be interesting in year two and Pitts may go as Atlanta goes. I think Fergy has a shot.