Will Dallas crush the Giants this week?

plasticman

Reaction score
because they get held 2 ridiculous standards. the bar gets raised every time.
Suppose the Cowboys win 13-10.

Would it have been a ridiculous standard to expect them to score more than that against the Giants?

Or suppose the Cowboys win 37-35 with a last second field goal.

Should that give the team confidence when it's time to face the Eagles again? Would it be ridiculous to be extremely concerned about the defense?

At this point in the season, the "win is a win" philosophy doesn't apply as much as slowly building momentum to the point of peaking just in time for the playoffs.

75boyz

Reaction score
Playing down to the level of competition bit us inthe butt against the Cards this year. And it almost bit us against the Texans last year. In both cases we were double digit favorites.

They absolutely can not lose to a 3rd string UDFA rookie QB behind one of the poorer offensive lines in the NFL To include several other of their starters being out due to injury as well.

We need to dominate this one.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones is out for the season. Any snowball's chance in hell Dallas loses this game at home?
It’s the Dallas Cowboys……there is ALWAYS A CHANCE…..we’ve seen it before (Texans)…

LysleE

Reaction score
The Cowboys should win this game going away with an easy win over a rag-tag team with some JAG at QB. Wait…that sounds like a familiar scenario and we know what happened with that.
Cowboys need to come into this game focused; it will be easy to not take the game seriously and we know how arrogant and entitled the Cowboys are; and have been known to play down to their opponents level.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jones is out for the season. Any snowball's chance in hell Dallas loses this game at home?
It’s not likely but there’s always a chance. No one here except me and a few others thought the Cowboys could lose to AZ who was also playing with a backup QB. The Cowboys were 13.5 point favorites and lost by two TDs. Dobbs got his first career win against us. AZ hasn’t won a game since. Lol Sam Howell making his rookie debut last season got his first career win against the Cowboys, who seem to relish the opportunity to make average QBs look like viable NFL QBs. Doubt there’s another team in the league that’s lost to more backup QBs than the Cowboys the past decade.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Safe to say the Cowboys won’t beat the Giants as bad as in week one. We had everything go our way in that game including a blocked FG for a score and a pick-six. We should win comfortably if we show up ready to play. If not this could end up being a ball game. This is the NFL and you have to be prepared to play every week or else. The Cowboys should know that by now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
One of our easiest matchups all season, but we said that vs Arizona as well.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
I'm gonna say no. the last time Dallas thought they were gonna "crush" an opponent, they lost to ARI. We will win, but need not take any opponent lightly.

Dakota

Reaction score
We SHOULD have no problem defeating the giants, my only concern is how much we have left in the tank after giving it our all in philly. We put forth our best effort if the season, we laid it all on the line, question is, do we have anything left. I hope so.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Playing down to the level of competition bit us inthe butt against the Cards this year. And it almost bit us against the Texans last year. In both cases we were double digit favorites.

They absolutely can not lose to a 3rd string UDFA rookie QB behind one of the poorer offensive lines in the NFL To include several other of their starters being out due to injury as well.

We need to dominate this one.
the QB we are playing is destined to be working the counter at a NYC Deli in 2 years time. If we don't win this game, Fire the entire staff & bench guys immediately. Just get the W.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We SHOULD have no problem defeating the giants, my only concern is how much we have left in the tank after giving it our all in philly. We put forth our best effort if the season, we laid it all on the line, question is, do we have anything left. I hope so.
The Giants will come out loose and hit us with the kitchen sink early. After all, what more can they lose? We have everything 2 lose. We must be ready. This is the NFL. Any given Sunday.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm gonna say no. the last time Dallas thought they were gonna "crush" an opponent, they lost to ARI. We will win, but need not take any opponent lightly.
This game will say more about Dallas than the Giants, if we win, but its a shabbily played game in doing so. Thats my worry. They still have enuff 2 win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My advice is to start the Cowboys defense in all leagues! I know I am!

:laugh:

In the game against the Jets, they wouldn’t even allow DeVito to throw the ball. The Giants were so one-dimensional that they allowed the offensively-challenged Jets to come back and win.

And in his last game, he served up two interceptions and was sacked 6 times.

If ever there was a tailor-made opponent for our defense, it’s this team and this quarterback. All they need to do is to stifle the Giants running game early and they can feast for the rest of the day.

This outcome has the potential to be even uglier than the first matchup, as long as Dallas handles their business.