will dan campbell line up vs the defense's....

tvooz

Reaction score
speed rusher? typically, speed rushers line up on the defensive right side, ie flozell's side. it seems to me that campbell will be better utilized by helping out on the right side.

also, has anyone noticed that we haven't used the two tight end set much in the preseason games?

JDSmith

Reaction score
tvooz said:
speed rusher? typically, speed rushers line up on the defensive right side, ie flozell's side. it seems to me that campbell will be better utilized by helping out on the right side.

also, has anyone noticed that we haven't used the two tight end set much in the preseason games?

I think we haven't used it much because Parcells knows what we have at the TE position. So now he's trying to see how the linemen block for Julius without help. He's also evaluating our WRs beyond Key and Glenn. So he's getting guys like Crayton in the game more to see what he can do.

If our line can do a decent job without TE help they should really be doing great once we start putting Campbell and Witten in there to help them out.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
tvooz said:

We've used formations with Witten and another tight end on the field -- such as with Witten at fullback or Witten split out wide.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I suspect Campbell will help Rob out when needed early on in the season then if Pettiti can handle things he will go back to a more traditional role; which is going to be two TE sets a lot on first and second down anyway. At least in relation to a lot of teams in the league.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tvooz said:
Are you suggesting that we are purposely holding back something in preseason? :laugh2:

zagnut

Reaction score
tvooz said:

My 2 cents, I think Campbell plays the more traditional TE role when he's in there, lining up next to the RT. Witten will be the wildcard guy who gets moved around to take advantage of matchups. Campbell might go in motion and end up alongside Flo sometimes, but that will be to attack the Defense.

tvooz

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
We've used formations with Witten and another tight end on the field -- such as with Witten at fullback or Witten split out wide.

i can't recall seeing two tight ends on the line. i believe this formation will help bledsoe as it gives him max protection. in addition, julius had better success when he was alone in the backfield.