Will Felix Jones on the IR affect cowboys offense?

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Felix Jones was a very explosive player on the field.
I loved seeing him get the ball and do kick returns.
His injury will hurt the team in some ways but i have faith in barber because he's one of the top RBs in the league and he knows what to do.
Any opinions on Felix on the IR?

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2435438 said:
Felix Jones was a very explosive player on the field.
I loved seeing him get the ball and do kick returns.
His injury will hurt the team in some ways but i have faith in barber because he's one of the top RBs in the league and he knows what to do.
Any opinions on Felix on the IR?

ha adds another dimension to the O,but he's been out a while now.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Affect the offense and special teams? Why would anyone miss 9.5 yards per carry, a TD per game, a threat to go to the house from anywhere on the field, including the bench?

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Did fine last year?
Uh we ran the ball with julius jones and put barber in to finish most of the games.
I'm saying he is one of our players on the team that can make things happen when he gets the ball
It's just my opinion.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2435464 said:
Did fine last year?
Uh we ran the ball with julius jones and put barber in to finish most of the games.
I'm saying he is one of our players on the team that can make things happen when he gets the ball
It's just my opinion.

IMO, Tashard Choice is a better back that Julius Jones. Having Barber running as the starter instead of Julius Jones (something I was screaming for last season), goes well beyond just an "upgrade". That alone increases the validity of our running game by a wide margin. Then, with Choice running when Marion needs a break is, IMO, much better than if Julius would have been coming in off the bench. Choice has instincts and I think defenses are going to be caught off-guard when Choice come in because he's so quick and such a slasher.

Yes, we'd all like to have Felix in there and yes, the running game would be better if we still had him... but the running game will be much better off with Barber then Choice, than it was last year with Julius then Barber.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2435464 said:
Did fine last year?
It's just my opinion.

we had julius last year. he was one of the worst rb's we have ever seen. taking away julius and running barber more should be a boon. barber was our finisher last year, but we had to deal with horrible running from julius before barber could finish.

alancdc

Reaction score
Pretty much our only HR threat that can take it to the house anywhere on the field. Yes, it does hurt both at RB and kick returns. Field position was pretty big when he was returning kicks.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
His potential for big plays will be missed but this offense will still be deadly. Barber straight at you, Roy past you, TO and Witten all over the field.

With injuries to Felix and Miles Austin, Isaiah Stanback is going to get his chance to show something. I know this board has some people who can't stand him but Stanback looks blazing fast on the field to me. I'm hoping he steps up.

As for Felix, we will have to wait til next year to add that "wow" factor back to the backfield.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we signed any other RB from the practice squad? Coleman would be the obvious choice.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2435554 said:
we had julius last year. he was one of the worst rb's we have ever seen. taking away julius and running barber more should be a boon. barber was our finisher last year, but we had to deal with horrible running from julius before barber could finish.

Over the top much. He was no where near one of the worst RBs in Cowboy history. And MB didn't run as effectively at first as he does now. He's not always used that lateral jump move.

Chris in SoCal;2435740 said:
His potential for big plays will be missed but this offense will still be deadly. Barber straight at you, Roy past you, TO and Witten all over the field.

With injuries to Felix and Miles Austin, Isaiah Stanback is going to get his chance to show something. I know this board has some people who can't stand him but Stanback looks blazing fast on the field to me. I'm hoping he steps up.

As for Felix, we will have to wait til next year to add that "wow" factor back to the backfield.

Let's hoping Stanback does make a few plays today. I don't think we have to have him but it would be nice to see him do something.