Will Games Without Fans Reduce Home Field Advantage?

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
yep. doesn't eliminate it, due to the travel inconveniences, but it certainly reduces it when it comes to ability to QB check out of plays and OL communications.

Mannix

Reaction score
Our QB at home now will be able to hear the signals over all the opposing fans crown noise...and I'm being serious.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I gotta know....... if there are no fans in the stands to watch the games, will Zeke still do his stupid moronic 'feed me' routine?
As long as he’s on TV I expect that along with the post game crop top look, smh.

Jipper

Reaction score
Fans?

Whose fans?

Yes, it's a great experience... for opponent fans.

It was so lavishly built that it has become a tourist attraction.....meaning that it provides further incentive for opponent fans to attend.

It even caters to opponent fans. When you go to AT&T you can order a Philly Cheesesteak, New York style pizza,.....

I don't have the stats but I suspect that the Cowboys are, far and above, leading the NFL in opponent fan percentage.

That was Jerry's plan, just another example how making money is more important than winning. And, no, that's not okay just because it is a business. That business was given to Jerry Jones and given city support on the premise that the owners recognized the special relationship between the teams, their cities, and their fans. That was based on the owner's commitment to winning.

During the entire time the Cowboys played at Texas Stadium, they were ranked 12th in homefield advantage.

you sound awfully bitter and somewhat jealous of jerry Jones....it’s not his fault that the locals would rather sell their tickets on the secondary market.

also I grew up going to games in Texas stadium and while it was great watching them win there the stadium experience was not what the new stadium experience is.

Stop blaming jerry, it’s the fans fault that sell tickets and don’t go to games....or go to games and sit on their hands....I’ve been to two games in the new stadium and was appalled at how little they cheered.

Stop living in the past, the new stadium is the most incredible fan experience on the planet and jerry built it so Dallas Cowboys fans could go enjoy their team....the fact that the fans sell their tickets to outsiders or aren’t loud isn’t on him....but hey if blaming jerry makes you feel better then have at it

plasticman

Reaction score
you sound awfully bitter and somewhat jealous of jerry Jones....it’s not his fault that the locals would rather sell their tickets on the secondary market.

also I grew up going to games in Texas stadium and while it was great watching them win there the stadium experience was not what the new stadium experience is.

Stop blaming jerry, it’s the fans fault that sell tickets and don’t go to games....or go to games and sit on their hands....I’ve been to two games in the new stadium and was appalled at how little they cheered.

Stop living in the past, the new stadium is the most incredible fan experience on the planet and jerry built it so Dallas Cowboys fans could go enjoy their team....the fact that the fans sell their tickets to outsiders or aren’t loud isn’t on him....but hey if blaming jerry makes you feel better then have at it
I sound like someone saying something you don't like. Any other astute observation is an attempt to ignore the fact that I proved my point.

I took the number of wins at home and subtracted the number of away games to determine the difference which is the basic definition of homefield advantage.

I then provided the list to show that, not only are the Cowboys ranked #31 on this list, there is no difference in the number of wins at home or on the road.

I then correctly concluded with the fact that the Cowboys dont have any homefield advantage to worry about.

Rather than accept that fact you chose to change the narrative. But, hey, if that makes you feel any better.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If the season is held with no fans in the stands, one might expect the biggest on-the-field effect to be a reduction in home-field advantage. Over the last five years, home teams have gone...

2015: .539
2016: .579
2017: .566
2018: .602
2019: .518

Interesting: HFA was way down last year. I'd expect it to look more like last year's .518 than the usual higher numbers. And of course teams like Seattle that enjoy substantial noise-related benefits in home games may get hurt worse.

Conveniently, Dallas goes to Seattle week 3. Could be a substantial advantage (or lack of disadvantage) to have empty stadiums through that game.

First off the league has ruled that teams can not "pipe in" addition noise during home games several years ago. They can use it in practice to get teams used to loud crowds, but the days of "piping in" crowd noise is over. Also home field advantage is more than just the crowd. It also has to do with the familiarity of teams playing at home and not having to travel and use other facilities they don't see every day. Some teams travel good, but most of that is they are just good teams. Yes having crowds cheering you on is helpful but it's not the only reason for winning at home, .It if was than we would see teams winning at least 75% of their home games.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I think it will eliminate it completely. And who knows, Dak might throw fewer ducks.

Jipper

Reaction score
I sound like someone saying something you don't like. Any other astute observation is an attempt to ignore the fact that I proved my point.

I took the number of wins at home and subtracted the number of away games to determine the difference which is the basic definition of homefield advantage.

I then provided the list to show that, not only are the Cowboys ranked #31 on this list, there is no difference in the number of wins at home or on the road.

I then correctly concluded with the fact that the Cowboys dont have any homefield advantage to worry about.

Rather than accept that fact you chose to change the narrative. But, hey, if that makes you feel any better.

you have proved little except that we don’t have a home field advantage which I never disagreed with tough guy.

I’m not changing any narrative But an simply pointing out that you are totally incorrect that jerry built the Stadium for himself, I never disagreed with the fact that we don’t have a home field advantage

the stadium was built with the fan experience in mind, not giving the home team an advantage which is vastly evident if you have ever been to the stadium, btw have you? The experience is 100% for the fans not for “jerry Jones” as you claim.

People like you are so blinded by ignorance and hatred towards jerry that you will blame him for anything you can...again, if the ticket holders are selling to opposing fans, not cheering or engaged then the ability to influence the game by the home crowd is diminished.

couple that with the fact that the stadium was built with all comforts in mind makes it a very unhostile place for opposing teams to play and marginalizes any potential home field advantage the cowboys would have.

We don’t have a home field advantage but it’s not bc jerry Jones didn’t build a stadium with the Dallas cowboys fan being the number one in mind, but maybe that doesn’t fit your narrative huh?

plasticman

Reaction score
you have proved little except that we don’t have a home field advantage which I never disagreed with tough guy.

I’m not changing any narrative But an simply pointing out that you are totally incorrect that jerry built the Stadium for himself, I never disagreed with the fact that we don’t have a home field advantage

the stadium was built with the fan experience in mind, not giving the home team an advantage which is vastly evident if you have ever been to the stadium, btw have you? The experience is 100% for the fans not for “jerry Jones” as you claim.

People like you are so blinded by ignorance and hatred towards jerry that you will blame him for anything you can...again, if the ticket holders are selling to opposing fans, not cheering or engaged then the ability to influence the game by the home crowd is diminished.

couple that with the fact that the stadium was built with all comforts in mind makes it a very unhostile place for opposing teams to play and marginalizes any potential home field advantage the cowboys would have.

We don’t have a home field advantage but it’s not bc jerry Jones didn’t build a stadium with the Dallas cowboys fan being the number one in mind, but maybe that doesn’t fit your narrative huh?
Tough guy?

Blinded by ignorance?

I don't recall making any personal attacks towards you and you do not know me. Therefore you have no right to assume you understand my motives..

The Cowboy fan was #1 in Jerry's mind when it came to building that stadium?

You are a Cowboy fan. When it comes to being a Cowboy fan, what is #1 in your mind? For me, it is winning.

I will take winning any time over a stadium "experience". Yes, I have attended a few games and my stadium "experience" is a positive one when they win, a negative one when they lose. I would take a win in a high school stadium over a loss at AT&T every day of my life.

Disagreeing with you does not make one ignorant. There is every chance that I would agree with your next opinion. However, I can't claim that it would mean that I have become more intelligent. And I am not a "tough guy", I'm a fat fuzzy teddy bear, so there!

You have the right to respond but I don't want to escalate this so this will be my last.