Will Garrett and Linehan have our team prepared to Win?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett and Linehan must have a creative game plan and not be predictable in their play calls like they have been so often this year( see Skin’s 1st game, which we never should have lost). If Philly is stacking the box on early downs we must throw the ball to exploit Philly’s weakness, their secondary, and because Philly will be focusing on stoping Zek. Throwing on early downs should also help our O line, which struggles with pass blocking at times.

To me this is a no brainer, but I don’t know if Garrett and Linehan will do it. In the Skin’s 1st game, the Skin’s sold out to stop the run with their big run stuffing tackles in the middle, and their safeties in the box. We continually and predictably ran Zek right up the middle most of the game. As good as Zek is they stuffed him time and again. Dak was actually passing the ball well in that game, especially late when they went no huddle, but Garrett and Linehan made it tough for Dak and the O line, mostly passing on 3rd and long.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes!
They BOTH understand the axe&chopping block are still ever present,,, and while I can easily see the reasoning of which you draw this threads header,,, Man! The VIBE emanating from this team right now is much like having moved up& into a higher end/ more affluent Zip Code area,,,o_O

* Ya Man! They'll have 'em ready!
:starspin::starspin::thumbup::starspin::starspin:

reddyuta

Reaction score
This game is all on the Defense,if they play like the saints game then we will win .

JayFord

Reaction score
Honestly they only respond when their job is on the line or the whole world is critical of them

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
To me where coaches shine is in the 3rd qtr of games. That is when they have had an entire half to figure out the opponent and then make adjustments at halftime. Since Dallas only averages 3.6 points in the 3rd quarter this shows me that our coaches indeed suck. They are among the worst in the league at making halftime adjustments period. Last year they averaged even less at 2.9 points scored in the 3rd quarter.

This stat is alarming and seems to never be addressed by the complicit media. Garrett needs to go. Linehan needs to go.

75boyz

Reaction score
To me where coaches shine is in the 3rd qtr of games. That is when they have had an entire half to figure out the opponent and then make adjustments at halftime. Since Dallas only averages 3.6 points in the 3rd quarter this shows me that our coaches indeed suck. They are among the worst in the league at making halftime adjustments period. Last year they averaged even less at 2.9 points scored in the 3rd quarter.

This stat is alarming and seems to never be addressed by the complicit media. Garrett needs to go. Linehan needs to go.

Really good stuff, nice job bro.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

That is a telling stat! Maybe they can change that stat starting today. Let’s hope so.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
That is a telling stat! Maybe they can change that stat starting today. Let’s hope so.
Yeah last week they stunk up the place in the 2nd half by laying a goose-egg. I think what the defense did to the Saint's was an anomaly and I do not see them holding Philly to 10 points today. I think Philly will score 23 or 24 today. Question is, can the Dakman score that many? If they can pull their head out of their collective butts in the 3rd quarter and actually score a freaking TD in that qtr, and then do it again in the 4th, they have a shot. If they lay another ZILCH effort in the 3rd, it will be a tough day for them.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Everything isn’t black or white.

If we lose, it’s stupid to say the coaches didn’t have them ready to play....truly stupid.
There are two teams, both filled with professional football players. Sometimes the other team simply executes better or gets some breaks or gets on a roll. Great players make great plays.

Dallas isn’t the only team worthy of winning a game, nor are we so superior that losing a game has to be someone’s fault.

75boyz

Reaction score

I had remembered someone posting cumulative 3rd qtr stats for the offense a few games ago and they were absolutely atrocious. So when someone posted a thread about Wentz's poor 4th qtr stats this year I responded that Dak's 3rd qtrs were very bad as well. The poster said his post "wasn't about Dak" so I told him my bad and deleted my post altogether. God forbid my opinion differs...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yes!
They BOTH understand the axe&chopping block are still ever present,,, and while I can easily see the reasoning of which you draw this threads header,,, Man! The VIBE emanating from this team right now is much like having moved up& into a higher end/ more affluent Zip Code area,,,o_O

* Ya Man! They'll have 'em ready!
:starspin::starspin::thumbup::starspin::starspin:
Exactly. Two hot seats complimented well by one hot coach (Kris Richard). Big W today.

kskboys

Reaction score
Honestly they only respond when their job is on the line or the whole world is critical of them
Yeah, they went back to running the ball. And started winning again.

Honestly, what do you have to do to these two for them finally to get it? When we run the ball, we keep our D fresh and help Dak out because it pulls the D in so he can make plays in the passing game. I'm well aware that our O wasn't great in the 2nd half, but you know what? The D was fresh because we won TOP. We won the 2nd half because the D dominated. The D dominated because they were fresh. They were fresh because we ran the ball and controlled the clock.

C'mon, JG and Linny, even a monkey can put it together.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They usually do. It won’t keep fans from second guessing any decision that doesn’t work and any decision that does work but where somebody thinks something else would have maybe worked better.