Will Jimmy Johnson be the next head coach?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BlueStar II said:
I seriously doubt that Jones' ego would ever let him bring Jimmy Johnson back...no way.

Hogwash.

Bill Parcells has just as big if not bigger ego than Johnson and Jerry Jones appears to be working with him just fine.

This would be a Johnson decision. I think Jerry would think about it, but Johnson probably has no desire to get back into it. I think he enjoys his lifestyle the way it is now.

He is not like Coach Parcells who literally wastes away when he is not coaching.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Charlie Weis will be the next head coach of the Cowboys, if Parcells stays at least a couple more years.

Weis is known as "Tuna, Jr." It will be an absolutely seamless transition.

Gordon

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Charlie Weis will be the next head coach of the Cowboys, if Parcells stays at least a couple more years.

Weis is known as "Tuna, Jr." It will be an absolutely seamless transition.

No way.. At most, Parcells coaches 3 more years. That would be 3 years at ND for Charlie Weis. There's basically no chance he gets fired after 3 years. I understand Willingham was fired after 3 years, but ND never wanted him in the first place, they settled for him, and Urban Meyer and Charlie Weis were available. So the only way to get Weis from ND is to have him leave on his own terms, and seeing as how ND is basically Weis' dream job, I doubt that happens.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Gordon said:
No way.. At most, Parcells coaches 3 more years. That would be 3 years at ND for Charlie Weis. There's basically no chance he gets fired after 3 years. I understand Willingham was fired after 3 years, but ND never wanted him in the first place, they settled for him, and Urban Meyer and Charlie Weis were available. So the only way to get Weis from ND is to have him leave on his own terms, and seeing as how ND is basically Weis' dream job, I doubt that happens.

Agree he loves ND, but the guy is an NFL coach through and through. He's coached in and won Super Bowls and he will show the NFL what a good head coach he can be.

I don't think he will be fired in 3 years. In fact, I think he will turn that program around. He is an unbelievalble coach and coaching is so important at the college level. I just believe that when a good opening comes along he will want to get back to the NFL and I also believe Parcells has his eye on him as a recommendation to Jerry when he's ready to retire.

TheHustler

Reaction score
JJ and Jimmy were friends in college weren't they? Man, can you imagine that? Calling up your college buddy and say:

"Hey, I'm about to buy the Dallas Cowboys, you wanna coach 'em?"

"Sure, why not!"

ndanger

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
I think Parcells will coach for at least 3 more years. And I hope he coaches for even longer. But does anyone think that Jimmy Johnson will be our next coach?

Reconciled with Jerry Jones (who has a new attitude towards head coaches). Is there a possibility here?

I seriously doubt Jerry makes Zimmer or Payton the head coach.
Bob Stoops,take it to the bank.Stoops brothers,take it to the bank. :cool:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Interesting that this thread got this kind of response when before the vast majority said heck no. Wonder who it will be. It will be hard to follow Parcells. Jimmy does have the ego for it.

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
ndanger said:
Bob Stoops,take it to the bank.Stoops brothers,take it to the bank. :cool:

After seeing mentor and friend Steve Spurrier fail in the NFL, I think Stoops is content where he is...

ndanger

Reaction score
Gatorgirl said:
After seeing mentor and friend Steve Spurrier fail in the NFL, I think Stoops is content where he is...
There has been a lot of talk in the O.U."circles" that Bob has said he would like to coach the nfl ,more importantly the Dallas Cowboys.Of course thats hearsay. He has said on national T.V. he would not rule it out someday if the time and circumstances were right.Spurrier while being a great college coach,had no chance for sucsess in Washington.I think if Bob could bring his defensive minded brother with him to the nfl ,he would at least have a chance.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
in a thread yesterday i said i didnt think Jimmy would want to.
in todays thread im going to say i dont think Jerry will ever
ask him back. too much water under that burned down bridge.
plus from what i have read they werent that close of friends
to begin with. i would rather us go with somebody else, uhh
that guy from that state north of us would be a good start.
(sorry not allowed to mention that name or that state this close
to the next RED RIVER SHOOTOUT)

ndanger

Reaction score
poke said:
in a thread yesterday i said i didnt think Jimmy would want to.
in todays thread im going to say i dont think Jerry will ever
ask him back. too much water under that burned down bridge.
plus from what i have read they werent that close of friends
to begin with. i would rather us go with somebody else, uhh
that guy from that state north of us would be a good start.
(sorry not allowed to mention that name or that state this close
to the next RED RIVER SHOOTOUT)
Bob Stoops? There ,now that didn't hurt so bad . :cool:

kartr

Reaction score
Alexander said:
There cannot be a fan out there that would not give up his eyeteeth to see this happen.

It could happen if Jerry goes to him on bended knee. Besides it would be good for Jimmy's ego to fix what Parcells couldn't fix.