Will Julius become like his brother, Thomas?

rathalarge

Reaction score
Remember that Thomas was considered a bust in Arizona, before going to Chicago. Of course...he was playing in Arizona...LOL!! But, will Julius become the same type player, because I seriously doubt we will re-sign him.

dooomsday

Reaction score
rathalarge;1739751 said:
Remember that Thomas was considered a bust in Arizona, before going to Chicago. Of course...he was playing in Arizona...LOL!! But, will Julius become the same type player, because I seriously doubt we will re-sign him.

If by same u mean average, he already is.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
You gotta give the guy more carries to find out for sure...And I dont mean just one drive here another drive there..Give HIm 1-2 qtr's of football.

I'm not about to be ok with letting this guy go after seing the great potential He showed His rookie year.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
If he goes to somewhere like Denver he' d be a superstar. Lots of zoneblocking and cut back lanes would be open for him.

Most teams he'd be above average which is what he is for us. 150 yard game here and there, but inconsistant.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Julius did more in his first 3 seasons(2896 yards) than Thomas did in his first 5 seasons(2839 yards and 3 teams). Thomas finally topped 1000 yards in his 6th(1335 yards) and 7th(1210 yards) seasons.

superpunk

Reaction score
Julius is already better than Thomas. He has more ability.

That's not saying much, though. Julius is a slightly higher grade of average.

Zman5

Reaction score
I can see Julius going to Denver and doing real well.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Thomas isn't doin to great this season. Julius better hope he doesn't become him.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I think we may have gotten spoiled by how good Emmitt really was. That man was consistant.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;1739882 said:
Thomas isn't doin to great this season. Julius better hope he doesn't become him.
I don't think anyone on Jets is doing too well. Can't really say how Thomas would do if he'd stayed in Chicago.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The bears are sorry they let him go- Benson is not doing it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Muhast;1739833 said:
If he goes to somewhere like Denver he' d be a superstar.

LOL

Have they started bottling that stuff up there in Colorado yet?(we can give it to our offensice linemen)

Whats it been.... 12+ years of "put any RB behind this O- line" and he will run like the Dickens on ya....:D

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
rathalarge;1739927 said:
Yes! Thanks 'the kid 05'. I couldn't remember the other teams!

its all good, you can just call me kid or tim either or

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's still 50/50 on resigning him, but agree with the others he is better than Thomas.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1739766 said:
You gotta give the guy more carries to find out for sure...And I dont mean just one drive here another drive there..Give HIm 1-2 qtr's of football.

I'm not about to be ok with letting this guy go after seing the great potential He showed His rookie year.
Julius doesn't need more carries for his average to go up, but he does need to run outside more than 7 times in 78 carries.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Jones needs to go somewhere that has smaller, quicker lineman that believe in zone blocking. Holes open up differently there and predominantly between the tackles, which is how Jones runs.

Our line is currently built to just push back the DL and wearing it out, usually with only one gap being opened in the running game until the end.