Will Julius become like his brother, Thomas?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1740149 said:
Jones needs to go somewhere that has smaller, quicker lineman that believe in zone blocking. Holes open up differently there and predominantly between the tackles, which is how Jones runs.

Our line is currently built to just push back the DL and wearing it out, usually with only one gap being opened in the running game until the end.

Totally agree. The O-Line as it is currently built/utilized is more suited to Barber's running style. Jones will never be more than is currently is with this team, but could be great with teams like the Broncos or Texans (who will most likely be looking when FA opens up in the offseason).

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1739911 said:
I think we may have gotten spoiled by how good Emmitt really was. That man was consistant.

Emmitt is the best... Yes we truly were spoiled

burmafrd;1739919 said:
The bears are sorry they let him go- Benson is not doing it.

Benson was the most overrated first round pick when he was drafted... I watched him throughout his career at UT and he never did anything against big competition. He ran all over Baylor but that's about it... Tommie Harris (when at OU) and company held him to zip. Benson wont last in the NFL IMO.

Crown Royal;1740149 said:
Jones needs to go somewhere that has smaller, quicker lineman that believe in zone blocking. Holes open up differently there and predominantly between the tackles, which is how Jones runs.

Our line is currently built to just push back the DL and wearing it out, usually with only one gap being opened in the running game until the end.

Good analogy!! That's why Barber is so effective in the 2nd half. Julius would totally thrive in Denver's system. Shanahan would probably have an 1800 yard back if that happened.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rathalarge;1739751 said:
Remember that Thomas was considered a bust in Arizona, before going to Chicago. Of course...he was playing in Arizona...LOL!! But, will Julius become the same type player, because I seriously doubt we will re-sign him.

I dont see how anyone can consider Jones a "bust"...the guy was a middle 2nd rd pick and has been pretty productive, in addition to having several of the biggest single game rushing totals in franchise history

David

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Thomas is slightly better than Jones, but they are both average at best and and probably just straight up below average.