Will Keyshawn Return?

KingTuna

Reaction score
I think it would be great to have Keyshawn back in the WR rotation.

IF NOT him then we must draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

Keyshawn seems open to come back. Think it will happen?

montgod

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I just don't see Key returning unless their is an injury to TO or Crayton. Can you see Key waiting on the sidelines and only coming in on 4 wr sets or to give TO a breather? Heck no! There is no way Key would want to do that and we all know he isn't a slot wr.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
montgod said:
Unfortunately, I just don't see Key returning unless their is an injury to TO or Crayton. Can you see Key waiting on the sidelines and only coming in on 4 wr sets or to give TO a breather? Heck no! There is no way Key would want to do that and we all know he isn't a slot wr.

I dunno... Key is a TEAM player kinda guy... I could see him doing the part he was asked to do...

Key, BP want to ride off into sunset with one last SB.. Glenn wants to ride off with one...

T.O. wants one and two and....

JJ wants to get back to that place too..

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
montgod said:
Key could live with it if the money is right, but unfortunately I voted "no" as well because he wants north of $2.5mil per year over 3 years and he isn't going to get that to be a 3rd receiver.

montgod

Reaction score
YoMick said:
I dunno... Key is a TEAM player kinda guy... I could see him doing the part he was asked to do...

Key, BP want to ride off into sunset with one last SB.. Glenn wants to ride off with one...

T.O. wants one and two and....

JJ wants to get back to that place too..

I am sure Key wants to win one, but not at the expense of him not getting his money! And at this point, I don't see the Boys putting that much money into another WR unless it's our first round pick or unless their is an injury.

BlueWave

Reaction score
No way, he'll be a Seahawk soon.

We need to draft Stovall from Notre Dame in round two.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Key would be a great insurance policy if something was to happen TO, Glenn or Crayton ( and it's likely something will). But all signs point to no.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I wish we could get him back but I really don't see it happening at this point. And considering the volatile nature of our locker room now it might be for the best if he does not return.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I would place the odds at less than 10% with the signing of TO. I'd like to bring him back, but I just don't see where TO and Key could co-exist on the same team.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
KingTuna said:
I think it would be great to have Keyshawn back in the WR rotation.

IF NOT him then we must draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

Keyshawn seems open to come back. Think it will happen?
'

It would definitely be interesting to see what this offense would look like with keyshawn back in the mix......but I wonder if that would truly be one too many egos?

But if it comes down to spending the money on a kicker or resigning keyshawn.....we have to pass and get the kicker!!!

Slammin Bran 23

Reaction score
montgod said:

But we do know that he would rather do that than not play at all...

I think if Key can not find any other deals he is intrested in, he will return to dallas without asking for to much.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Slammin Bran 23 said:
But we do know that he would rather do that than not play at all...
Not true, what he said on Sirius radio was he wasn't going to play for $2.5mil per year and unless someone offers him more, he was content to retire.

Reaction score
Short and simply put...NO! Why would he come back to a team that said thanks but we got a better 32 year-old at your position of WR.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If he retired, he could still end up being our insurance policy against injury.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think I would like to see him back, although I do question he and TO in the same lockerroom. In the end, I don't think it's going to happen though.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
I voted no. But if he did come back I believe it would be in the #2 spot and glenn would get moved to the slot, Crayton down one more.. I just don't see us worrying about this position anymore now that TO is signed though. And you all heard Keyshawn this last week, he'll retire and do his other things before playing below what he thinks he's worth moneywise. If Key comes back it's for money and to start opposite TO, nothing less.

And if Key does come back...slash my Terry 2006 Stat prediction in half. He'll be lucky to get 20 grabs this year if that happens. Could even see us possibly getting rid of Glenn if Bill decided to go the Key route, too. I mean be real people, only 1 of his 3 years here has he finished a season and that year (last year) he virtually disappeared in the 2nd half of the season, he's the only person we've ever brought insurance in for, and he might as well be made out of glass. Terry is not as high up the Bill Totem Pole as I think most would like to believe. He's a liabitly that Bill taught himself to consciously prepare for, starting last year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
I voted no. But if he did come back I believe it would be in the #2 spot and glenn would get moved to the slot, Crayton down one more.. I just don't see us worrying about this position anymore now that TO is signed though. And you all heard Keyshawn this last week, he'll retire and do his other things before playing below what he thinks he's worth moneywise. If Key comes back it's for money and to start opposite TO, nothing less.

And if Key does come back...slash my Terry 2006 Stat prediction in half. He'll be lucky to get 20 grabs this year if that happens. Could even see us possibly getting rid of Glenn if Bill decided to go the Key route, too. I mean be real people, only 1 of his 3 years here has he finished a season and that year (last year) he virtually disappeared in the 2nd half of the season, he's the only person we've ever brought insurance in for, and he might as well be made out of glass. Terry is not as high up the Bill Totem Pole as I think most would like to believe. He's a liabitly that Bill taught himself to consciously prepare for, starting last year.

Glenn played in all 16 games in 2003 and in 2005. He's only NOT finished a season once since being signed by the cowboys.

Last season was arguably the best season of Glenn's career.

Highest YPC he's ever had in a season.

Most TDs he's ever had in a season.

Most 20+ yard catches he's ever had in a season.

2nd most 40+ yard catches he's ever had in a season.

In the last 4 seasons he's missed 11 games. 10 of those games were in 2004.

So in 3 of the last 4 seasons he's played in at least 15 games per season.

In 2002 with Green Bay he missed one game.

History shows Glenn has had injury concerns throughout his career.

Recent history shows otherwise.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Although I voted 50/50.
Thinking on it - there are just not enough dam balls in the passing game to satisify TO and Key.