Video: Will McClay Evaluating Amari Cooper

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I like Will, don’t love him. He’s real good with college talent not so much pro personnel. Irving is the only guy whose a stud that we got from the pros in his tenure and he’s a goner after this year

Yea I’m not all that impressed myself. He’s got a big voice and the results on the field are not really showing up. I agree he’s decent/good at the college talent, but not some much in the pros.

Centex

Reaction score
Dandy Don 52,

He said Cooper can beat press coverage and they look for that in a receiver.

He said Cooper runes good routes and gets separation.

He said Cooper ran a 3.6 forty coming in. I want sure if that meant coming in to Dallas or the league.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Yea I’m not all that impressed myself. He’s got a big voice and the results on the field are not really showing up. I agree he’s decent/good at the college talent, but not some much in the pros.
We're built around the draft and limited budget for free agency.... What exactly do you want him to do bargain hunting in the second or third week of free agency?

robjay04

Reaction score
I like Will, don’t love him. He’s real good with college talent not so much pro personnel. Irving is the only guy whose a stud that we got from the pros in his tenure and he’s a goner after this year

I don’t think you can call Irving a pro guy.

Anyways, it’s not like McClay has gotten a lot of work with as far as pro acquisitions are concerned. We basically invested in players that were third tier guys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If I sent you to the store with $5 what you would buy would differ a whole lot from your shopping list if I sent you with $500.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We're built around the draft and limited budget for free agency.... What exactly do you want him to do bargain hunting in the second or third week of free agency?

The evaluation after some of these players are on the field is my issue. He has a hand in that see his comments about Dez. The fact that the whole WR corps took a step back last year and this year, and yet they refuse to address the elephant in the room speaks volumes.

Centex

Reaction score
Dandy Don 52,

He said Cooper ran a 3.6 forty coming in. I want sure if that meant coming in to Dallas or the league.
Dandy Don 52,

I meant 4.36 speed. Forgive me that one. I'm sitting by a camp fire with some cold beer...

But the point was he can take the top off a defense.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score

I agree. I don't even want to think about where this team would be without WM and the draft. As far as FA goes, he is asked to scrape around the bottom of garbage cans and to make a great meal out of what he can find.

waving monkey

Reaction score
his turned this franchise drafting around ? The staple of a footballs fortunes

Praxit

Reaction score
..4.3 speed is dang quick. I think avg speed in NFL is about 4.6 maybe 4.5. Vick in his prime was also 4.3, if you remember he could motor the wheels.

Carson

Reaction score
..4.3 speed is dang quick. I think avg speed in NFL is about 4.6 maybe 4.5. Vick in his prime was also 4.3, if you remember he could motor the wheels.

Oddly 4.3 still seems slow for prime Vick!!