Will McClay possible Head Coach?

Qcard

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there...his resume and growth in the organization.

Success in Arena League. He's niche was Defensive Coordinator.

Sell:...hold the fort with Dak for one more year evaluation.

Qcard

Reaction score
McClay needs to stay my friend.

Only reason this team isn't 5-11 annually.
I agree. McClay job was talent acquisition. He presented the findings to Stephen and Jerry whom decide. Will has been above average

Qcard

Reaction score
Then my vote for the next coach goes to the person in the organization who has most consistently demonstrated excellence. Kelli Fineglass, Director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
I know... resumes and experience are so 20th century

JayFord

Reaction score
Will McClays job is to bring the best talent he can and hes done that to a T he needs to stay in that role

Fmart322

Reaction score
Then my vote for the next coach goes to the person in the organization who has most consistently demonstrated excellence. Kelli Fineglass, Director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Actually, the only person who has over performed is the person who fills Jerry's glass with Johnny Walker Blue.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For Jerry to hire Will McClay as his HC wouldn't really be a shocking move to those who know him well. It might not be overly surprising for him to appoint Garrett as his replacement for McClay, either. I'm sure many of us would hate it, while others might see it as being reasonably prudent and possibly, even reasonable. It would surely explain the delay that exists in the FO making a head coaching decision recently. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it actually happened, to be honest. For those of you who might be inclined to disapprove -- you'd best brace yourselves! ;)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Will McClay has been the saving grace from this team going 5-11 every season and the Jones boys know this. There is no way they are tampering with that. The delay in the coaching change is most likely because the guy they have designs on is still coaching in the playoffs. This explains why they are in no rush to dismiss Garrett, whose contract doesn't actually expire until 14 Jan. Garrett is completing his coaching duties by helping the FO assess what went wrong in 2019 and how to correct it. Garrett probably has a HC coaching job waiting for him in NY as soon as his contract expires.