Will Steele Remain

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Once Collins is back does he get his job back. I love how Steele is playing and I'm sure others feel the same. Yes Collins is making big money, I'd stay with the hot hand, your thoughts???

You win with players like Steele who give everything they have in practice, meetings, and games. You don’t win with loser lying druggies. Steele won the right to play and start at RT. Collins should be traded ASAP.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we need to keep nseke now??
To play out his 1 year contract, sure, why not? The more depth the better, and there wouldn't be any salary cap benefit to dropping him now anyway. Plus he has NFL experience at LT, and so far we have only seen Steele at RT.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You win with players like Steele who give everything they have in practice, meetings, and games. You don’t win with loser lying druggies. Steele won the right to play and start at RT. Collins should be traded ASAP.
Even if the team wanted to trade Collins, the smart thing to do would be to play him for the season to solidify both the starting role and depth, and trade him with some history of quality play after his suspension to get the value up.

CapnB

Reaction score
I think coogs needs to hold another press conference

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Collins is gifted the starting position after his 5 game suspension for drugs and bribes should never complain about ‘culture’ in the Cowboys.

Inserting Collins back into the starting lineup after what he did to the team is despicable. Collins is a selfish player who betrayed the team and betrayed his friends and betrayed the fans.

The front office needs to make an example and do what is right. Everyone knows the right move.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Collins is the better player but the more questionable character. I think he goes back to the starting lineup but I'm 1 more major injury or suspension away from kicking him off a bridge as Voch says

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Even if the team wanted to trade Collins, the smart thing to do would be to play him for the season to solidify both the starting role and depth, and trade him with some history of quality play after his suspension to get the value up.

No, trade the lying druggie selfish loser who betrayed the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Collins is gifted the starting position after his 5 game suspension for drugs and bribes should never complain about ‘culture’ in the Cowboys.

Inserting Collins back into the starting lineup after what he did to the team is despicable. Collins is a selfish player who betrayed the team and betrayed his friends and betrayed the fans.

The front office needs to make an example and do what is right. Everyone knows the right move.

You likely do more harm than good at benching him just to make an example out of him. Reality is I would guess most of the players sympathize with him.

You also have the issue of then benching a capable OT who has $15MM cap hits for the foreseeable future. Trading him, I guess, would make some sense but you are thin at OT. Keeping him, having Steele as a backup swing guy makes this team better. Don't forget that Smith is always a risk to get injured and miss some games himself.

You are letting emotion get in the way of rational thought.