Will the Julian Peterson signing ...

50cent

Reaction score
Peterson signing be more about the OLB position or bringing a familiar face to the locker room to ease the adjustment for T.O.? I've thought about JP coming to Dallas for awhile now, and while most think he is to lite in the pants to play OLB in the 3-4, I disagree. He's bigger and more athletic than Singleton and on par with Burnett. I think we will still cover our tales with a draftee if we pick him up, but I think if we do get him it has more to do with T.O.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
The guy is a football player. Its not like he's Dexter Coakley running around like some on the board are making him out to be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He's a shell of what he used to be. Still a good player, but I'd almost rather not go this route.

2much2soon

Reaction score
ALS is officially listed 15 pounds heavier than Petersen. Don't know how accurate that is, but thats what NFL.com says.
I think Petersen would be an excellent move, though. He isn't the ideal size but I think he is a player.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think we get too caught up in terms of size. He is a catalyst on defense. And would be one of the three last pieces in turning our defense into a young stud filled 22 eyed 11 headed demon beast.

NorTex

Reaction score
I saw Al Singleton in TC standing right next to Bradie James. They were just wearing shorts and a t-shirt. And I would have to say that Al actually looked a little bigger than Bradie...I know, I wasn't expecting that either.

I'm sure Parcells told Al to beef up during the offseason of 2005.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
A healthy Peterson, is as good as it gets for athleticism. The guy has even played CB.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I love the assumpution that Peterson is in the bag or that were even interested when not a single source can verify he is coming for a visit yet. This is like the 5th thread that is written in the tone that we have locked up.

50cent

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I love the assumpution that Peterson is in the bag or that were even interested when not a single source can verify he is coming for a visit yet. This is like the 5th thread that is written in the tone that we have locked up.
Can you please explain to me how you figured my tone through the web? Thats some David Blaine I would like to learn.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I agree, lets not get our panties in a bundle just yet. I think the TO signing spoiled us. I doubt he comes here. Thats just my opinion though. Some team is gonna throw a lot of cash his way. Cash we, will stay smartly away from.

SDogo

Reaction score
50cent said:
Can you please explain to me how you figured my tone through the web? Thats some David Blaine I would like to learn.

Well it's pretty simple. You start out by saying, "WILL the Julian Peterson signing". not "IF we sign Julian Peterson" for starters.

50cent

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
Well it's pretty simple. You start out by saying, "WILL the Julian Peterson signing". not "IF we sign Julian Peterson" for starters.
Well your wrong, so go back to read your Blaine manual. I'm not assuming anything.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50cent said:
Peterson signing be more about the OLB position or bringing a familiar face to the locker room to ease the adjustment for T.O.? I've thought about JP coming to Dallas for awhile now, and while most think he is to lite in the pants to play OLB in the 3-4, I disagree. He's bigger and more athletic than Singleton and on par with Burnett. I think we will still cover our tales with a draftee if we pick him up, but I think if we do get him it has more to do with T.O.
Whoa there pardner. It's not a done deal he is coming. It's not his size that concerns me. It's his injury. I'm not even close to being convinced he can be anything near what he once was. Given the $$$ it will take to get him, I would rather go in another direction.

SDogo

Reaction score
50cent said:
Well your wrong, so go back to read your Blaine manual. I'm not assuming anything.

The only manual needed around here is a sentence structure manual.

SDogo

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Whoa there pardner. It's not a done deal he is coming. It's not his size that concerns me. It's his injury. I'm not even close to being convinced he can be anything near what he once was. Given the $$$ it will take to get him, I would rather go in another direction.

Looks like I'm not the only one:lmao:

50cent

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Answer the question. I think its pretty clear that nobody on this boards knows one way or another if we will sign him. This is about the idea of getting the guy. Will it be more about the position or help T.O?

SDogo

Reaction score
50cent said:
Answer the question. I think its pretty clear that nobody on this boards knows one way or another if we will sign him. This is about the idea of getting the guy. Will it be more about the position or help T.O?

I think it's more about the position. No one here really knows what kind of relationship those 2 had in SF.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
2much2soon said:
ALS is officially listed 15 pounds heavier than Petersen. Don't know how accurate that is, but thats what NFL.com says.
I think Petersen would be an excellent move, though. He isn't the ideal size but I think he is a player.

I don't know what you are talking about but Al S is only 5' 10" 220 lbs and is a wimp. He wont make it through training camp.

Book it

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's a shell of what he used to be. Still a good player, but I'd almost rather not go this route.

:hammer:

He's simply not nearly as good as he was before his injury. Still a very solid football player, but he'll probably want money for the type of player he was before he got hurt.

Achilles injuries are probably the worst a player can get these days. Players simply aren't the same after tearing that tendon.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
I don't know what you are talking about but Al S is only 5' 10" 220 lbs and is a wimp. He wont make it through training camp.

Book it

:rolleyes:

This site is simply the best... but it could be even better if not for stupid posts like the quoted one above.

1. Al S isn't a "Wimp"

2. He's 6'2"

3. He's not 220 lbs.

4. He was our starting LOLB last year, yet he won't make it out of training camp next year?