Will the owners play hard ball with draftees next season?

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Will they lowball top picks in next years draft knowing that their will most likely be a cap on draft picks in 2011.

I think they are going to drive a hard bargain, knowing that for example the #1 will get around 60 mil in 2010, but in 2011 the #1 pick might get around 15-20 mil..

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2983612 said:
Will they lowball top picks in next years draft knowing that their will most likely be a cap on draft picks in 2011.

I think they are going to drive a hard bargain, knowing that for example the #1 will get around 60 mil in 2010, but in 2011 the #1 pick might get around 15-20 mil..

id like to see them get league minimum until they prove themselves...maybe have incentive clause..draft selection meaning nothing ..1st season league minimum and the next 3 years a ladder scale depending on production.....it is absolutely ridiculous for these kids getting 40 million dollars before they do a thing especially when half of them are busts..... then after 3 or 4 years they can get the big pay day IF they are worth it

Q_the_man

Reaction score
dadymat;2983642 said:
id like to see them get league minimum until they prove themselves...maybe have incentive clause..draft selection meaning nothing ..1st season league minimum and the next 3 years a ladder scale depending on production.....it is absolutely ridiculous for these kids getting 40 million dollars before they do a thing especially when half of them are busts..... then after 3 or 4 years they can get the big pay day IF they are worth it

I wouldn't go that far and say league Minimum, they are top 10 picks, by what your saying even a 7th rounder would get paid the same as a #1 pick....

Instead of 6 years 60 mil, give them more like 6 years 15 mil for the #1...

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2983650 said:
I wouldn't go that far and say league Minimum, they are top 10 picks, by what your saying even a 7th rounder would get paid the same as a #1 pick....

:laugh2:

In what world?

That's not happening until the league decides to put a rookie cap in. And I don't see that happening ever either.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is the players union,higher rookie contracts also push up the price of free agent contracts.

Craig

Q_the_man

Reaction score
187beatdown;2983659 said:
:laugh2:

In what world?

That's not happening until the league decides to put a rookie cap in. And I don't see that happening ever either.
I'm pretty sure come 2011 their will be a cap for rookies, Owners are tired of paying rookies superstar salaries while not been proven......

Rookie caps will be one of the top 2 issues in the upcoming owners/ players talks..

Shadowy329

Reaction score
There should be a cap in place and nothing ******** like what they are being paid now

They should be happy to see a 7 figure contract let alot 8+

Your being paid MILLIONS to play an f'ing game take the money and play your *** off none of this Crabtree bullsh*t even with a cap your seeing more money than most of your fans EVER will so shut up and cash the check

Sports contract are so damn out of control it's rediculous some if not most of these guys make more in interest every year than I do busting my ***

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2983650 said:

i dont think thats unreasonable.....who is worth more Tom Brady (6th rounder) Ratliff (7th), Brandon Marshal (4th) or Tim Couch , J.Russell, Kijana Carter, David Carr, and Alex Smith (all 1st overall)? .....draft position doesnt mean squat production does....they should be paid league minimum until they prove they are worth their draft position.....1 season to prove it isnt asking much ...IMO

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Shadowy329;2983823 said:
There should be a cap in place and nothing ******** like what they are being paid now

They should be happy to see a 7 figure contract let alot 8+

Your being paid MILLIONS to play an f'ing game take the money and play your *** off none of this Crabtree bullsh*t even with a cap your seeing more money than most of your fans EVER will so shut up and cash the check

Sports contract are so damn out of control it's rediculous some if not most of these guys make more in interest every year than I do busting my ***

i sense a mod warning in your future ...........:spanking: