News: Will The Position Switch Help Sean Lee?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Lee didnt want to be here Im pretty sure the Cowboys would know that by now.
Lee knows that his best days are behind him, and there is no other team willing to invest in a starting LB that has never been healthy.
Lee knows this defense, Lee knows his team mates, Lee knows that this is where he will end his career.
Its a perfect situation for Lee and this franchise.
Lee is only here because he was promised a starting position. I mean, that's not a secret. I think it's far from perfect but it is what it is.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Will The Position Switch Help Sean Lee?
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/17-will-the-position-switch-help-sean-lee

FRISCO, Texas – Sean Lee’s back for a 10th season with the Cowboys – and likely in a different role than we’ve seen from the veteran linebacker in the past.

Plagued by hamstring injuries for two straight seasons, the 32-year-old Lee contemplated his football future after the team’s divisional-round playoff loss to the Rams. But he and the Cowboys agreed to a restructured contract for 2019, the final year of his current deal.

Now Lee is preparing for new responsibilities at the strong-side (SAM) linebacker spot alongside breakout linebackers Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch, who stepped up last year while Lee missed nine games due to injury...

But as Dave said, perhaps Lee won’t be asked to play 50-60 snaps a game anymore. Last year’s starting SAM linebacker, Damien Wilson, played less than 30 percent of the defense’s total snaps. If that helps him play at his optimum for a full 16 games, so much the better. I know this: Lee was the best linebacker on the field in that Rams loss, and his presence (even in a smaller role) still makes this defense better.

I remember they changed lee from mlb to lee because of his sustainability.

Now playing SAM ist much more demanding then playing lee. I see him getting hurt alot.

But then thats just my opinion.