Will we draft another crash and burn player high in this draft

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what I mean..so.e formerly highly rated player who either was severely injured like a Jaylon Smiith in 2019 or 2020 or.sat out last year because of virus and opted not to play in 2020. Jerrah Jones loves a resurrection story like the Peonix to point to as being ahead of the rest drafting.

Also guys like Wolf Hi enter who never played Division I football..only 8 man football we draft him #1. So he was injured you say. No worries..we love him.

This is going to happen multiple times with all these extra draft picks. It's like a backroom craps game for the Jones. Double down and roll.

Who agees with me? Come shake our heads together, men. It's that time of year.

:rolleyes:
What high draft pick opted out because of Covid, and how would that qualify as "crash and burn" anywayt?

As for LVE, he did play Division I football. 8 man was high school. Boise State is a a very solid Division I program, and the team is ranked and goes to a bowl game almost every year.

There are actually a few examples you could talk about. Gregory was a high 2nd round pick, for example. And Jaylon obviously was another high 2nd rounder who had question marks. But I think you are stretching some by talking about Covid and LVE's college football.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
What high draft pick opted out because of Covid, and how would that qualify as "crash and burn" anywayt?

As for LVE, he did play Division I football. 8 man was high school. Boise State is a a very solid Division I program, and the team is ranked and goes to a bowl game almost every year.

There are actually a few examples you could talk about. Gregory was a high 2nd round pick, for example. And Jaylon obviously was another high 2nd rounder who had question marks. But I think you are stretching some by talking about Covid and LVE's college football.
Methinks Redball is referring to two 2021 potential high draft picks that opted out due to Covid-19 - Penei Sewell and Caleb Farley.

Londonboy

Reaction score
You know what I mean..so.e formerly highly rated player who either was severely injured like a Jaylon Smiith in 2019 or 2020 or.sat out last year because of virus and opted not to play in 2020. Jerrah Jones loves a resurrection story like the Peonix to point to as being ahead of the rest drafting.

Also guys like Wolf Hi enter who never played Division I football..only 8 man football we draft him #1. So he was injured you say. No worries..we love him.

This is going to happen multiple times with all these extra draft picks. It's like a backroom craps game for the Jones. Double down and roll.

Who agees with me? Come shake our heads together, men. It's that time of year.

:rolleyes:
Boise St played 8 Man FB?
How about putting on Overkill and banging Our heads instead, maybe let the Ladies join in too?
Commonly known as silly season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Methinks Redball is referring to two 2021 potential high draft picks that opted out due to Covid-19 - Penei Sewell and Caleb Farley.
Hmm, okay, I guess I misunderstood. Still, them making that choice doesn't somehow equate to a "crash and burn" story", and it doesn't equate to a history of drug, injury or behavior problems like with other players, so I still think he's stretching.

Last edited: