Will we ever see these Cowboys at full strength?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dumb thread sorry. Likely not, you can say that about every team in the league. The Ravens just win and have way more players on IR than we do. Rodgers won the SB with most players on IR ever. Cowboys fans just look for the first excuse to reason why we aren't pulling our weight or X why aren't we good as we should be.

Then there are fans like you, well, are you a fan? That must find and put a negative spin on everything.
Just enjoy the wins as they come along, no matter how they come along.

And most of AR's team were not on IR. They had players injured on and off throughout the season. It wasn't like they all were out all year long.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No team is ever at full strength because you are always going to have injuries. Even starting week 1 you are not at full strength and thats because you haven't played a game in months.
I was born at night but not last night. I've been watching football for almost a half-century. I know teams always have injured but it's not always so many starters out at one time. We can be at greater strength than we currently are. ;)

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dlaw and Gallimore wont be back for atleast a month,so most likely after game 10,we could really use them against the Chiefs.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Define full strength.

Does any team in the league play at full strength? This is a violent sport, especially at this level. Every single team will deal with injuries. This is finally a year where they don't tank our season.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I was born at night but not last night. I've been watching football for almost a half-century. I know teams always have injured but it's not always so many starters out at one time. We can be at greater strength than we currently are. ;)
I think after the bye week we should have 4 more players returning, lets hope we dont lose 4 players this Sunday

rambo2

Reaction score
What a problem to have, all these guys on IR but we aren't missing a beat. It's hard to imagine how much better this team can get if they play a perfect game at full strength. That's a team I can believe can take us all the way to that 6th ring, baby! Enjoy this ride, people.
They can't be at full strength. They have more players than roster spots.

rambo2

Reaction score
I am surprised that more people don't realize that they have stashed players on the injured list. They have more players than roster spots. They have insurance against future injuries as the year goes on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They can't be at full strength. They have more players than roster spots.
If you would read my OP and not just the thread title, you'd know I know I know we have more players than roster spots which is why I asked if we would have to release anyone or put certain eligible players back on the PS.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What a problem to have, all these guys on IR but we aren't missing a beat. It's hard to imagine how much better this team can get if they play a perfect game at full strength. That's a team I can believe can take us all the way to that 6th ring, baby! Enjoy this ride, people.

If we can somehow stay relatively healthy between now and December and get all those other players back we could be unstoppable. That is as long as we don’t start reading our press clippings and become complacent. The Cowboys have a chance to build something special this season. We’ve seen it before in previous seasons with a few other teams but we weren’t able to stay focused and finish.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Define full strength.

Does any team in the league play at full strength? This is a violent sport, especially at this level. Every single team will deal with injuries. This is finally a year where they don't tank our season.
My bad, I forgot we have some folks that need to have things explained in simpler terms. Playing full strength is playing with your best players as starters and in the rotation.

Yes, some teams do sometimes play at full strength. As violent as this league may be it's not as violent as it use to be. Maybe back then it was harder to have a team at full strength but today in the era of cupcake training camp and rules that baby the QBs let's not pretend the violence is so prevalent. The rare time we do get a good legal hit on the field, the refs still flag it and apology a few days later.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If we can somehow stay relatively healthy between now and December and get all those other players back we could be unstoppable. That is as long as we don’t start reading our press clippings and become complacent. The Cowboys have a chance to build something special this season. We’ve seen it before in previous seasons with a few other teams but we weren’t able to stay focused and finish.
I totally agree but nowadays we have to stay healthy into January because we have 2 games on the schedule that month as well. ;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I totally agree but nowadays we have to stay healthy into January because we have 2 games on the schedule that month as well. ;)

In 07 TO’s injury had an affect on our offense but we were slumping badly entering the playoffs. In 2014 and 2016 we were pretty darn healthy but our defense couldn’t hold up against Aaron Rodgers. By December and January we have to find a steady pass rush or it could be our undoing. Although our defense has improved a lot over last season it still won’t hold up against Brady or Rodgers. We give up too many chunk plays. Those type of plays will get you beat in postseason, especially with a game on the line in the final minutes. You have to have a relentless pass rush in that situation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In 07 TO’s injury had an affect on our offense but we were slumping badly entering the playoffs. In 2014 and 2016 we were pretty darn healthy but our defense couldn’t hold up against Aaron Rodgers. By December and January we have to find a steady pass rush or it could be our undoing. Although our defense has improved a lot over last season it still won’t hold up against Brady or Rodgers. We give up too many chunk plays. Those type of plays will get you beat in postseason, especially with a game on the line in the final minutes.
We have defensive players to bring back that will give us a boost. Should we wait till later in the season to bring them back so they are there when we face the Packers or Bucs?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We have defensive players to bring back that will give us a boost. Should we wait till later in the season to bring them back so they are there when we face the Packers or Bucs?

We need to bring them back when they’re ready so they have time to work off some of the rust and be ready for the playoff run. The more healthy players we have available the more we’ll be able to rotate players to keep them fresh.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
My bad, I forgot we have some folks that need to have things explained in simpler terms. Playing full strength is playing with your best players as starters and in the rotation.

Yes, some teams do sometimes play at full strength. As violent as this league may be it's not as violent as it use to be. Maybe back then it was harder to have a team at full strength but today in the era of cupcake training camp and rules that baby the QBs let's not pretend the violence is so prevalent. The rare time we do get a good legal hit on the field, the refs still flag it and apology a few days later.
Lmao what? I don't care if you think the league is soft or not. Have you taken a look at injury reports for every team any given week? They are full. Players are faster and stronger these days. They cut harder, run harder and injuries happen.

I'd love to see the percentage a team plays at "full strength" for a given year. Can't be much. Not is it expected.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hoping for full house around playoffs. A great rotation of healthy fired up players.

Shane612

Reaction score
Sometime, you "add" by "subtracting".

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Enjoy the ride, they dont come often.