Will we trade for or sign another FA RB?

J-man

Reaction score
I'm still in shock they didn't draft a RB and feel like they are going to have to go get one.
Re-signing Zeke helps but IMO, he can't be counted on to be the every down back anymore.
Neither Rico or Deuce could ever be that guy either.

FA RB's still available:
I think these are the 5 best remaining:
  • Dalvin Cook * Rashaad Penny * Cam Akers * Joshua Kelley * Latavius Murray * Kareem Hunt *
Some others to consider:
  • Matt Breida
  • Jerick McKinnon
  • Jakob Johnson
  • Kevin Smith
  • Boston Scott
  • Melvin Gordon
  • Alex Armah
  • Brandon Bolden
  • Eno Benjamin
Do any of these guys strike your fancy?

Now how about a list of possible RB's to trade for?

I know there will be couple that could be available soon after the draft:

M Carter, J Conner, DJ Dallas all from AZ
AJ Dillion GB
M Sanders, Hubbard Car
Wilson Jr, Mostert Mia

Thoughts on any of them or others you can think of?

John813

Reaction score
I don't see it until closer to training camp.

IMO they will wait till the pads go on and if Rico, Deuce, Davis, Freeman.... all look like JAGs, then they may bring in another RB.

exciter

Reaction score
Connar but he’s basically Zeke at this point. Hubbard would be nice. M Carter is a maybe but he’s basically M Davis in another uniform. Davis is the only bu on the roster I have any faith in so it’d be an ok pickup for me!
Zeke
Davis
Carter
To limp through the season.
Again, Hubbard would be nice almost like getting icing!

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm still in shock they didn't draft a RB and feel like they are going to have to go get one.
Re-signing Zeke helps but IMO, he can't be counted on to be the every down back anymore.
Neither Rico or Deuce could ever be that guy either.

FA RB's still available:
I think these are the 5 best remaining:
  • Dalvin Cook * Rashaad Penny * Cam Akers * Joshua Kelley * Latavius Murray * Kareem Hunt *
Some others to consider:
  • Matt Breida
  • Jerick McKinnon
  • Jakob Johnson
  • Kevin Smith
  • Boston Scott
  • Melvin Gordon
  • Alex Armah
  • Brandon Bolden
  • Eno Benjamin
Do any of these guys strike your fancy?

Now how about a list of possible RB's to trade for?

I know there will be couple that could be available soon after the draft:

M Carter, J Conner, DJ Dallas all from AZ
AJ Dillion GB
M Sanders, Hubbard Car
Wilson Jr, Mostert Mia

Thoughts on any of them or others you can think of?
Carolina and the Jets are loaded at RB. Both of them will cut good players

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys FO haven't placed themselves in a great position this season. They could sure use to get better at RB. Anyone that thinks Zeke is the answer didn't watch him much last year.

J-man

Reaction score
Carolina and the Jets are loaded at RB. Both of them will cut good players
I don't know if they can just sit back and wait hoping one will be cut though. Maybe they wait until teams start calling around checking for interest but I see them making a trade at some point.

J-man

Reaction score
Sure they can. RB's get cut every year. This year will be no different.
That's true, but at that point they also will be free agents and may not choose to come to Dallas.
I can't imagine a good back looking to start somewhere wouldn't but it's never a guarantee.

tm1119

Reaction score
Khalil Herbert from the Bears is the guy I would target. Hes averaged 4.9 yards per carry so far in his 3 year career (364 rushes) on some really bad Bears teams with no passing game to speak of.

With DeAndre Swift and Roschon Johnson on the roster I imagine the Bears would probably take a 5th for Herbert.

J-man

Reaction score
Khalil Herbert from the Bears is the guy I would target. Hes averaged 4.9 yards per carry so far in his 3 year career (364 rushes) on some really bad Bears teams with no passing game to speak of.

With DeAndre Swift and Roschon Johnson on the roster I imagine the Bears would probably take a 5th for Herbert.
I see him as more of a scat back, not an every down back. He's dangerous for sure but not really what they need for this offense, IMHO.

tm1119

Reaction score
I see him as more of a scat back, not an every down back. He's dangerous for sure but not really what they need for this offense, IMHO.
I mean he’s 5’9 210 pounds…that’s not exactly a small scat back. Not mention that whether we like it or not, Zeke is going to be involved. A compliment to his ground and pound style isn’t the worst thing.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
You would think if they would want to bring a RB in, it would be sooner rather then later.
If they wait till the trade deadline is upon them - how is a back supposed to get up to speed on playcalls, verbiage etc.
We will not trade wait for a decent RB, it will be for some retread cheap RB at this point, that gets cut.
Don't care what the talking heads in Dallas say - this will be their archilles heal this year.
Could of had an A+ draft if they had just maneuvered that 87th pick to pick up an extra 4th (like San Fran tried to trade with them).
I Like what they did, but it's an incomplete without a good young runner
:(

timb2

Reaction score
Kevin Brown CFL Edmonton Elks 5-9,205 has a 6.7 yard average

rambo2

Reaction score
Cowboys FO haven't placed themselves in a great position this season. They could sure use to get better at RB. Anyone that thinks Zeke is the answer didn't watch him much last year.
I watched his highlight video. Did you?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good highlight video. The 70 yard td was called back because of penalty. He had some nice catches. He does have something left.
I hope you're right. I think the FO's lack of attention to the RB position will be apparent this season, but I hope you're right about Zeke. Plus, there is time to bring in another RB.