Will Zack Martin be back this season?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know Zack, but I think he might love playing Pro football. He just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. Not that many years left to live the dream.
I don't know him either but I think I know about him. It extends beyond just the love of playing football, those are his teammates and they're having a hell of a tough time of it and getting maligned all over the media and he is their leader. When Yosemite had to hang it up, the mantle fell to Martin for the OL and he is the standard by which all are measured.

In this regard, and I don't like war analogies to football, but it's like injured guys trying so hard to get back to their units to be with their brothers and it doesn't matter if it's a losing battle, it's a battle they need to be in.

When the team goes to hell, I always look for the individuals within the team to keep my interest level up and he's one of those guys. He's actually the main one since Prescott went down because I love a fighter.

If he is healthy, he will be back on that field because that's who he is. That OL needs his leadership and there are young guys trying to make the team and I think it is an insult to Zack Martin to think otherwise. He'd like to have a better record but the record isn't what he's playing for, he's playing for those other guys going through football hell right now.

And while I am in the pulpit, let me say this. There are a lot of these guys fighting their butts off and giving everything they've got. Might not be enough in some posters' books here but they deserve more respect than they've been getting here.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no reason to bring him back this season unless 1) he is fully healthy and 2) the Cowboys somehow win a few games and have a chance at the playoffs.

Even then, I would not bring him back personally.

He is way too important to the future of the team to risk a more serious injury playing a position he will not be playing after this year.
Agree.

If Dak were still playing, then I would want him back to keep Dak from getting pounded but I'm not worried about Dalton or the other QBs in that regard.

:hammer:

JBond

Reaction score
When I seen it I was sure it was a knee
But hearing it’s a reagrevation I think the smart move is shut him down for the year
McGovern has improved and remember he’s never had a real training camp. Let him get the reps and see if he continues to grow as a player
Let’s get some reps for the younger guys that will only make them better for next year
Agreed. Throw all the young kids out there. They need the experience and the staff needs the evaluation time.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If he can play, play him! I don't get this line of thinking......I get it, save him for next year...wah, wah, wah! If he can walk, play him and let him earn his money.
Freaking slave driver here.

But Iike it.

We already have too many guys sitting around collecting checks from the whkrlpool.

Get to work Zachary.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
OL should all be wearing knee braces.

Many careers could be saved.
I'm hoping that they shut him down. Bring in a new and improved Strength and Conditioning coach to work all the players ***** into shape. This year has been a major joke with all the injuries this team has sustained in just a short amount time. This team is already loaded with braces, we probably lead the league in braces. Let's start with back braces, ankle braces, neck braces, elbow braces, wrist braces, knee braces and last but not least teeth braces for all those players who want to have a nice smile when they're at the bank cashing those bi-week checks for imitating a football player...............

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Freaking slave driver here.

But Iike it.

We already have too many guys sitting around collecting checks from the whkrlpool.

Get to work Zachary.
We would all be expected to get back to work when able. As he should be.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We would all be expected to get back to work when able. As he should be.
But he is sooooooo..

valuable..don't you know.

Half the Forum wants to tank..

Half try to win.

Have not seen this since..?

2016 when we were again expecting to draft a QB to backup Romo after we then decide to draft Zeke at #4 and then Dak in the 4th rd.

This team is truly unpredictable.

So who knows with Zach.?

Not a clue.

Reminds me of my second wife. My 1st marriage we were broke and the wife's wedding ring was pretty modest.

My second wife came when I was making much more money and gave her a 2.5 kt. diamond as her wedding ring on platinum.

But she always never wore it afraid something would happen to it. So I added it to the homeowner policy and told her it was insured.

Wear it. I want people to know you are not poor. Nor am I.

Finally I saw it on her.

Same as Martin playing. Some do not want to play him. Don't want to hurt him.

Play him. Despite some nutballs thinking otherwise..

we are still fighting for the playoffs.

Play everyone who can dress.

It's our only chance. Waiting gains nothing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
OL should all be wearing knee braces.

Many careers could be saved.

I don't know how the technology is on themthese days but wearing those things and playing a football game is not easy.

CWR

Reaction score
Reminds me of sean lee of a few years ago...when he went out, everything turned to ****.

Yes sir, very true. I will at least acknowledge the situation on oline is extraordinary. Most teams aren't going to be successful when they have had to go through 14 different offensive line combos. Besides the obvious talent disparity we also have zero continuity.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, just realistic. nothing to be gained. better off to make sure he heals completely & properly for the long term.
If he's healed he needs to protect his QB. With your thinking, we may as well pack the bags and forfeit our games, since all players are hurting at this point in the season.
Do you send your accountant home for a paper cut? Lol

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All of our stars should never have to play again. They should all get to vacation in Cabo until the non stars make it to the super bowl then the stars can come back and flick the switch and dominate.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If he's healed he needs to protect his QB. With your thinking, we may as well pack the bags and forfeit our games, since all players are hurting at this point in the season.
Do you send your accountant home for a paper cut? Lol

Not all players are the same. You try to protect your best. Same reason you typically don't play them much in the preseason. Get his ankle shattered or knee blown out in a meaningless game and see how that affects the long term future of the team.

Actually, I am an accountant. If I suffer something significant enough to jeopardize my career, its unlikely it happened at work. :)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not all players are the same. You try to protect your best. Same reason you typically don't play them much in the preseason. Get his ankle shattered or knee blown out in a meaningless game and see how that affects the long term future of the team.

Actually, I am an accountant. If I suffer something significant enough to jeopardize my career, its unlikely it happened at work. :)
I don't agree, if you can play, play. If you can work, work. That's how I was raised. BTW, I was an accounting major and became a football coach instead. Those paper cuts it's were brutal!!! Lol!!