News: Will Zack Martin hold out of OTA’s seeking a new contract?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Will Zack Martin hold out of OTA’s seeking a new contract?
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/05/23/zack-martin-hold-out-otas-contract/

...For the Cowboys, their biggest question these week may be will All-Pro right guard Zack Martin show up to the voluntary workouts.

It is no secret that Martin wants to reach a long term deal, and that he clearly deserves more money than he is currently making.

Currently, Martin is making a $9.3 million base salary in 2018 according to Spotrac.com. Although this is a solid amount of money, with the play Martin has show on the field over the last few seasons, he deserves more.

Andrew Norwell of the Jacksonville Jaguars is currently the highest paid right guard in football. He signed a five-year $66.5 million contract with $30 million guaranteed...

Reaction score
Martin is playing it smart. He doesn't want to get Hunter Henry'd during OTA's and a huge contract pending.

He will sit out until he signs his deal is done.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Williams G and draft a new G and save the zillions that Martin deserves and expects!
Use those Cap funds for DEFENSE!!!!!
Enough of the Dallas Wall dream land cap eating scenario's! Without a Doomsday Defense to stop Mr. Rodgers i.e. we are spinning our wheels once again!
And never forget in the NFL a great Def-line will always man-handle a Great Off-line!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Williams G and draft a new G and save the zillions that Martin deserves and expects!
Use those Cap funds for DEFENSE!!!!!
Enough of the Dallas Wall dream land cap eating scenario's! Without a Doomsday Defense to stop Mr. Rodgers i.e. we are spinning our wheels once again!
And never forget in the NFL a great Def-line will always man-handle a Great Off-line!

Give this fan a dominant safety and I'll be well happy...

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Will Zack Martin hold out of OTA’s seeking a new contract?
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/05/23/zack-martin-hold-out-otas-contract/

...For the Cowboys, their biggest question these week may be will All-Pro right guard Zack Martin show up to the voluntary workouts.

It is no secret that Martin wants to reach a long term deal, and that he clearly deserves more money than he is currently making.

Currently, Martin is making a $9.3 million base salary in 2018 according to Spotrac.com. Although this is a solid amount of money, with the play Martin has show on the field over the last few seasons, he deserves more.

Andrew Norwell of the Jacksonville Jaguars is currently the highest paid right guard in football. He signed a five-year $66.5 million contract with $30 million guaranteed...

I know it's a little nerve wracking that Zach isn't participating but it IS voluntary. I'll be interested to see what he does at mini-camp. Those are not voluntary and he's subject to fines if he sits out. Not worried that the team will come to a long term agreement with Zach