Will Zeke have a bounce back year?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Don't know, but it's extremely impressive that he is working out in the offseason.

That's really amazing. Who could have expected that of a top paid athlete?

He isnt letting it go unnoticed, thats sure.

"Hey look at me....I'm trying"

Half of the four I can't stand are gone.

I promise the other two play their way there this year....number changes or workouts notwithstanding.

We have too many guys on one year deals to carry the Jerry contract mistakes much longer.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will say no. I think with Dak and the WRs I expect them to pass more. I also expect Pollard to get more reps. I just don’t think Zeke is good anymore. No burst. Doesn’t block like he used to. Fumbles the ball more. I think he is finished as a big time player.

Quit comparing him to Pollard. It's not fair.

Toro9

Reaction score
If Tyron, Zack and La'el are healthy you will see Zeke have a much better year. This O-Line can still be a great force.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
dudes never been fat nor has he been what a person could be called slow at 225lbs..cluelss your hate is obvious because you judge the color of an apple let alone a professionals

you a re parrot just repeating things you hear never ever has he even looked fat or out of shape that bunch of crap..he weighs 5lbs more then he did as rookie...no starting RB that carried the ball like zeke is fat or slow..so hes not 2016 zeke , doesnt have to be who. front heat team is better then they were that year, the entire team played great 13- 3 young healthy and motivated..

last year was a bad year for the TEAM, period..

what tool..

Oh for Pete's sake. WTH? You need to take a chill pill ! That response of yours is the very definition of going off half cocked. You call me a hater (what a tired-azz phrase) yet you are really hating . . . on me . . . for one ***** thing you didn't agree with. Pure hate attacking my intelligence and calling me names . . . over what????? Personal attacks make you feel better about yourself? OK. My hate is obvious? What's obvious is nothing is obvious to you!

I like the hell outta Elliott. Like I did Smith, MBIII, Walker, Dorsett, Newhouse, Hill, and even flaky Duane Thomas . . . all the way to Garrison and Perkins when I first became a fan. The first part of my post was simply MY honest opinion(like or not the character assassination of me was out of line by you). I like him because I'm a helluva Cowboy fan. I don't criticize "my" team's players lightly and never from a standpoint of disliking the player but their performance. It is fair game ALWAYS!

The "fat" comment was tongue-in-cheek in reference to so many comments over the years saying such. Sheeesh ! A little reading comprehension goes a loooong way! Talk about clueless!!!!

Not let's engage the tool comment . . . whose the tool? It's jacked up responses like yours where people don't agree with something and go full out balz to the wall on people like me that make this board much less fun and why over the year I've participated less and less. So uptight . . . it's a freaking message board, dayum! I've never attacked a single comment on this message board (until this one) and there's been plenty I didn't agree with. Shame we can't be brother and sister fans but have to attack each other over almost NOTHING ! You'd prolly be at home out in my pasture with my donkeys!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He’s been just average the last two years playing on a similar level to Melvin Gordon.

No. He will run out of gas by midseason early and mail it in.
Much like 2020.
And before some Zeke fanboy runs in breathlessly writing that covid, lack of a preseason and no camp slowed him, keep in mind that other NFL RBs went through the same things, girls.
And many shined like diamonds instead of the zircon that Elliott is.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's fat so he will bounce but he's not likely to do any better than the past few years unless he gets more help from the O-line. I just hope he stops losing the ball.

He so fat he will get stateshood before American Samoa and Puerto Rico. Heh.

John813

Reaction score
Bounce back to 2016? Nope.
Maybe between 2018-19 levels? Possible

If he can be above 85 YPG, 9 TDs, 115 total yards per game I think we will be winning the NFC East as that means we are running out the clock.

I just want to see the fumbles cutdown/mental lapses. Can live wihtout his hurdles/breakaway accel as long as he just holds the rock.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My heart says yes, but my brain says no.

I think Zeke is cooked. He looks like he is stuck in mud, he doesn't break tackles, and he doesn't get the tough yards anymore. He will have a good run every now and then but they are becoming less and less frequent.

If I am being honest I think Zeke, more so then anyone else, was a helped tremendously by the offensive line. So, if the O-Line can be a top O-Line then Zeke could possibly get 1,100-1,300 yards, but if the O-line is below average he might not even break 1,000 again.

I'm hoping to see Pollard get more carries. I think he has proven that he is more the capable to at least be splitting carries with Zeke at this point.

DanA

Reaction score
It’d be nice to see him fumble less than four times this season and maybe a couple of long runs. I get the YPC drop off because of the O-line but his fumbles and lack of long runs aren’t all on them and it isn’t just a one year anomaly, more like a long-term trend.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. He will run out of gas by midseason early and mail it in.
Much like 2020.
And before some Zeke fanboy runs in breathlessly writing that covid, lack of a preseason and no camp slowed him, keep in mind that other NFL RBs went through the same things, girls.
And many shined like diamonds instead of the zircon that Elliott is.

I doubt it

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Bounce back to what? Honestly he can't be worse so there has to be some sort of bounce back. He was so inefficient last year he could have been replaced by a street free agent. Surely he will be better than that. So he bounces back to the high volume work horse of 2019. I guess we should be happy if he can do that much. It is pretty clear that the dynamic play maker from 2016 is never coming back and the insane 50 million in guarantees is a sunk cost now so the best we can hope for is to have a high volume work horse for 2 more years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I appreciate the effort you put in this post but nobody is afraid of zeke anymore. Their are at least 5-7 Ish running backs that would’ve outplayed Zeke if they played in Dallas the past two years.

Henry
Cook
CMC
Chubb
Kamara

maybe even Aaron Jones.
trust me hes still threat and IDC who you want to rank ahead of him .. its the OC and our OL that has been more of zekes dropping then anything else last year was an anomaly i listed all the facts sorry you can t see it.. and bTW CMC missed the entire year last year cook missed many games nearly years worth availability is also very important..

Kamara can NO hold up as the primary 1 we all saw it.. IMO Zekes still top 5 back regardless and its how hes being used and OL and scheme that has his numbers drop..that it 4YPC well the mighty ES had more then HALF his career year YPC 4 or under..let that sink in ..