Win in Green Bay then the following week lose at Texas Stadium to a mediocre team

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Could we all agree that the Dallas Cowboys beat a much tougher team in Green Bay than they found at Texas Stadium the following week?

And can we all agree that playing a lesser team AT HOME and losing implies a big drop-off in intensity? Or getting up for the game?

Yes, the players should be up for EVERY game. But I believe that Wade and Co. treated this game as an easy game that they could phone in. And the players sensed this. And thus the loss.

That is disturbing or should be to any die-hard Cowboy fan.
Honestly, what is your take on those two games? And do you think the motivation by Wade and his coaches was not there?

Boysboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2303937 said:
Could we all agree that the Dallas Cowboys beat a much tougher team in Green Bay than they found at Texas Stadium the following week?

And can we all agree that playing a lesser team AT HOME and losing implies a big drop-off in intensity? Or getting up for the game?

Yes, the players should be up for EVERY game. But I believe that Wade and Co. treated this game as an easy game that they could phone in. And the players sensed this. And thus the loss.

Honestly, what is your take on those two games? And do you think the motivation by Wade and his coaches was not there?

We also came off three tough, albeit VERY emotional games-@Cleveland in front of a big national audience, Philly on Mon Night turned out to be a barn-burner, and then GB @Lambeau on Sun Night AND where we stink it up all the time.

Dude-when will you stop beating a dead horse?

Audiman

Reaction score

yes, we're all upset about the loss. it's also 4 days after the friggin game. man up and get over it.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Green Bay didn't look like a better team than Washington to me. There isn't anything that looks mediocre about Washington or the division we are in.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2303956 said:
Green Bay didn't look like a better team than Washington to me. There isn't anything that looks mediocre about Washington or the division we are in.

Green Bay isn't even as good as they are advertised. Being in that VERY weak NFCN with Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna, and Tavaris Jackson only makes them look ALOT better than they really are. And none of those teams are hardly physical either.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
parcells316;2303956 said:

Agreed. From what I've seen the last two weeks Washington certainly looks like a better team than Greenbay.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

I don't buy that. Irvin, Aikman, Smith and the entire defense didn't need a coach to motivate them. These are grown men playing the game of football. We have extrodinarily talented athletes. They either want it or they don't or it's the play calling. Self-motovation should be a given, IMO.

FCBarca

Reaction score
First off, I think even with Commander bias, it would be a mistake to say they are mediocre...Second, losing at home, for Dallas, is nothing new.

Apart from all the obvious fixations on the defense (Both against the run and cushion secondary) and the offense (Inability to run or move the ball consistently against Washington save the 2 2min drives) there is another issue for the team...Complacency.

When you look at the tackling, when you look at the penalties and when you look at the up/down nature of the bend but don't break nature of the team you can see how complacent they can get...They will get up for the big games but allow themselves to simply overlook anyone else...The Skins are a division opponent, huge rival and played to a near win last season in Texas stadium and Dallas still laid an egg.

Call it camp cupcake, call it leaderless or simply call them undisciplined but winning at home and making your home field a place to fear for opponents is something Dallas has not been able to do

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2303965 said:
Agreed. From what I've seen the last two weeks Washington certainly looks like a better team than Greenbay.

The Skins were actually pretty good last year-despite some key injuries(Carlos Rogers, Randy Thomas, playing a rookie at RT, and, of course, losing their best D player for good), they were nonetheless very competitive and made the playoffs.

To be frank-they needed someone on the sidelines like Zorn who has fresh ideas and is better at exploiting matchups, rather than some old-schooler who's stubborn in just that.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boysboy;2303978 said:
The Skins were actually pretty good last year-despite some key injuries(Carlos Rogers, Randy Thomas, playing a rookie at RT, and, of course, losing their best D player for good), they were nonetheless very competitive and made the playoffs.

To be frank-they needed someone on the sidelines like Zorn who has fresh ideas and is better at exploiting matchups, rather than some old-schooler who's stubborn in just that.

I can agree with that analogy.

Champsheart

Reaction score

Geez Louise!!!

We fricking lost, that is it, it happens, this is the NFL, you lose games.
You are trying to read way to much into it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Boysboy;2303942 said:
We also came off three tough, albeit VERY emotional games-@Cleveland in front of a big national audience, Philly on Mon Night turned out to be a barn-burner, and then GB @Lambeau on Sun Night AND where we stink it up all the time.

Dude-when will you stop beating a dead horse?

Um, when the horse dissolves into glue?

but you might have a point that the Cowboys entered the Commanders game with emotions already spent. Albeit so early in the season.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Both Green Bay and Washington have very good teams. Both went to the playoffs last year. BOTH won playoff games. Both look pretty good.

We lost by two points to a team that made very few mistakes and no turnovers.

We're all top ten teams.

I wish we had won. I wish we had played better. I wish.....well I'll save my last wish.

Boysboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2304035 said:
Um, when the horse dissolves into glue?

but you might have a point that the Cowboys entered the Commanders game with emotions already spent. Albeit so early in the season.

This Skins game reminded me alot like wk4 last year against the Rams at home. In our 1st 3 weeks then, we also were coming off of 3 very emotional games-Giants on Sun Night which turned out to be a barn-burner, Miami in their home opener in front of a wide national audience(I know they sucked bad, but they usually win their home openers), and the defending NFC Champs Bears @Soldier Field on Sun Night.

Pt being that it sure looked like the Boys were emotionally spent in that wk4 meeting. We were very sluggish throughout most of the 1st half(until the fireworks went off at that end), but we lucked out when they were playing a rookie RB from Rutgers and Bulger had broken ribs. The Skins this year are 100 X's better than those Rams.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jobberone;2304053 said:
Both Green Bay and Washington have very good teams. Both went to the playoffs last year. BOTH won playoff games. Both look pretty good.

We're all top ten teams.

I wish we had won. I wish we had played better. I wish.....well I'll save my last wish.

Actually Washington did not win a playoff game. They lost in Seattle in the Wild Card. Had they won they would have, instead of the Giants, come to Texas Stadium.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score

Green Bay is lousy this year. They lost to the Bucs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No.

No.

Yes.

The Cowboys should have won both of them.

Some of it can be laid at the feet of the coaches in regards to motivation, but it's always on the players to play at the level befitting a professional.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2304053 said:

We're all top ten teams.

when you wish, upon a star

may all your dreams come truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2304114 said:
Green Bay is lousy this year. They lost to the Bucs.

to be fair, the Bucs have one of the top Ds in the league

which is tough against a young QB, but he still threw 3 TDs against them, Green Bay is pretty good, although Al Harris and Atari Bigby were missing

Boysboy

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2304152 said:
to be fair, the Bucs have one of the top Ds in the league

which is tough against a young QB, but he still threw 3 TDs against them, Green Bay is pretty good, although Al Harris and Atari Bigby were missing

Yeah-in 2 of their wins, they played against a rookie QB(Matt Ryan) and Kyle Orton.

They haven't exactly looked that great this year-the Bears' rookie RB from Tulane managed to get some 120+ rushing yards against them.