StevenOtero

Reaction score
@
1421545_200X150.jpg

Win , Loss , or Tie ?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
can't see the picture, but i want a WIN in game 1 it's been to long since we had one.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Last opening day win :
1999​
Washington Commanders

| W |
41-35 OT​

blindzebra

Reaction score
Recent history, undersized 3-4 against LT, all adds up to problems.

followthestar

Reaction score
i called it a tie, because really without overtimes i believe this might well end in a tie in regulation. also, i think we'll see quite a bit of the 4-3 carrying over on this first regular season game. we'll want to evaluate each situation and the results before going in head first to a 3-4. first half at least, predominantly 4-3, IMO.

RxMan

Reaction score
I just hope we don't have a "pickle juice game" and let them go for 200+ yards rushing causing massive doubt in the defensive scheme used. I am OK with a loss, just nothing embarassing.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
otero1 said:
@
1421545_200X150.jpg

Win , Loss , or Tie ?
I'm predicting a close game because we have always been able to stop the run when committed to doing so, and our secondary is improved. I think it will be a close game won or lost in the final minutes...hoping there's no brain freeze in Parcells this year.

Scotman

Reaction score
Hard to answer until we see some camp news. I hate the thought of LT having a good game but he matches up well against us.

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that the Chargers scare me. But I would WAY rather face them in week one than week 12.

I think we're going to see alot of 4-3 that day. Some 3-4 for sure, but not primarily. Our D will do fine against them. I expect our offense to put up some serious yards. BP knows how important an opening day win is & will do everything to pull one out. His bag of tricks will be open.

The key is stopping LT. If we can do that, he'll bring pressure all day on Brees (he may well anyway) forcing him to beat us thru the air. 1st game of the season, I don't see it happening. Sounds like a couple of picks and a Cowboy win to me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We better win. I'm going to be there. Hate to think of making a trip to see a loss.

I think we can win this game if we put pressure on Brees and contain LT a bit. By that I mean not letting him pound away. Keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Win, this one they have a lot of time to game plan and, fingers crossed, should be as heathy as they will be. Early games are good with all our first year rookies. They will fade through a full NFL season. Drew should be at his seasonal peak performance.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the boys get to open in the beautiful weather of san diego.............

cowboys 31
san diego 17

BHendri5

Reaction score
wln, no doubt about that. Dennis Franchione for A&M, says that people are making way too much out of switching to the 3-4, He said that it is not that big of a deal.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
View Poll Results: Win , Loss , or Tie ?
Win
77Cowboy, AmericasTeam, anava, BigDDynasty, BigDPlayer, BigHank, BlueStar22, Boy's fan in Giant land, budsboys, calcbfan1, cannonball44, Champsheart, ChldsPlay, ConcordCowboy, CosmicCowboy, CowboynIRAQ, cowboysfan84, crossm, dacruz, dallascowboysfan31, DallasInDC, dalsyk, dargonking999, da_whiz_kid, DBoys, dcollier, djdoug, DMOB, Doomsday101, dragon_mikal, dstew60105, Fletch, heathead, HeHateMe, Houstonboy, HTOWN COWBOY, HummerMan, J.Jones21, Jack Burton, JAMES1, JDSmith, jksmith269, Joe a Cowboys fan, joev81499, joshjwc9, jt40, JTnNC, K-Mart, kiheikiwi, Kilyin, kilz, lanecity1975, LaTunaNostra, leonargized, maloy, Manster68, meyrandy, Mkyle, moneytalks, Muhast, Nav22, ndanger, NYCowboy22, otero1, PA Cowboy11, parcellsguys, RayVest, RedLine, Sgt, Stingray73Vette, STREAK84, Tejano15, thats7, THE*LAW, THUMPER, Tuna Helper, UApipefitter63, watertown, Westcoasthabsfan
79 74.53%
Loss
AtlCB, bigdrulez3141, blindzebra, BlueStar II, calico, camaro69, Catch-22, ctalker, gollum, Hoovie, Hotcarl23, jkmd, lspain1, mmcandler@earthlink.net, Murph80, Qwickdraw, RxMan, sms4332, Swanny, TheKey, tkiehl, Zaxor
22 20.75%
Tie
Arcanius64, Charles, followthestar, HeavyHitta31, Sitting Bull
5 4.72%
Voters: 106.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
wln, no doubt about that. Dennis Franchione for A&M, says that people are making way too much out of switching to the 3-4, He said that it is not that big of a deal.

where did you here this? I would love to have link. I'm an A&M fan and have even been to Franchione's house and met him personally, he is a really nice guy.